Eventide Newfangled Audio Elevate (mastering bundle)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elevate Mastering Bundle

This just came out. It's an interesting spectral processor aimed at end-of-chain-mastering, but could also be used for tracking. I am working on mixing and mastering an acoustic track and decided to try it in the mastering chain. I was quite happy with the results. I don't hear (so far) any artifacts with this.

Eventide Newfangled Audio Elevate (mastering bundle)

Elevate Mastering Bundle Upgrade from Equivocate Intro sale $79.00 Regular $179.00
Elevate Mastering Bundle Full Version Intro sale $99.00 Regular $199.00

Discounts at the retailers.

https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/ ... ate-bundle

Elevate Bundle

Mastering with a Brain
Elevate is the most advanced mastering plug-in ever created. This unique multi-band limiter, human-ear EQ and powerful audio maximizer will increase the loudness of your mix while maintaining or improving its dynamic perception. It uses intelligent, adaptive technology that responds in real time to your music; creating not only the loudest, but the best sounding master.

Developed by Newfangled Audio, Elevate maintains subtle dynamics and improves the tonal balance of your mix. The adaptive limiter analyzes 26 frequency bands and alters the gain, speed and transients for each band in real time. The result is a transparent, natural sound, no matter how hard you push it.

Elevate utilizes 26 critical filter bands modeled from the human ear. Each of the bands are spaced to give maximum control over how the sound hits your eardrum. Draw curves, solo bands and manipulate the transient attack for each individual band to bring out particular instruments such as kick or snare drums.

Adaptive Technology
Elevate uses artificial intelligence algorithms to make it easy for you to get the best sounds, but you can still get under the hood for as much precise control as you desire. This includes giving you control over the tonal balance and transients inside the final limiting stage. The adaptive algorithms reduce audible artifacts and the additional controls give you maximum flexibility with professional results.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by plexuss on Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by plexuss on Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

One thing I don't like is the sliders in the edit screens do not slide smoothly making it difficult to make precise adjustments. The slider response lags as if its sharing CPU.

The limter is apparently not a true peak limiter - it is letting ISPs through with -0.1 ceiling. so it's prudent to use a TPL after it (as was done in the master I posted).

plexuss wrote:The limter is apparently not a true peak limiter - it is letting ISPs through with -0.1 ceiling. so it's prudent to use a TPL after it (as was done in the master I posted).
So does it not replace (Maximus) and (Fruity Limiter) ?

Listening to the before and after I can hear a difference but I wouldn't say the mastering improved it. I've put work into my songs where at the end one isn't better then the other, just different, a matter of preference. I like the first one since it feels more airy like an open room vs being right next to a speaker. Again, I think it's just preference. If a vst is going to sell me it needs to sound noticeably better with vs without. I really like equivocate a lot. I just don't think these examples showcase what this bundle can do. Maybe it does? This is it?

I demoed it for a few minuets and bought it straight away, it's really amazing imo and the transient processing is just something else. It really brings out certain elements in your mix without sounding overly processed.

Plexuss; I hope you're not only leaving -0.1 db headroom on you're masters cause that will distort on all playback systems when played loud.

All in all another great plugin from Newfangled Audio.
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

Nice. Bought tracks 5 just couple days ago :(
Do i need this? Gas.....
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Limitless is definitely the benchmark for me, so I will wait to hear how it can compete.

Nice track by the way Plexuss. Would like to hear Elevate on some bigger sounds (drums, bass, synths, guitars etc).

How do you feel it stacks up against Ozone (which is going to update on Thursday)?

I already have Ozone but at $79 upgrade it's tempting.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

shroom81 wrote:Plexuss; I hope you're not only leaving -0.1 db headroom on you're masters cause that will distort on all playback systems when played loud.
I usually leave -0.5 to -0.8db headroom and master to around -16 LUFS and use a true peak limiter. This prevents strings of ISPs in 128k streams and none in better quality streams.

plexuss wrote: I usually leave -0.5 to -0.8db headroom and master to around -16 LUFS and use a true peak limiter. This prevents strings of ISPs in 128k streams and none in better quality streams.
I rest my case. :D

@ChamomileShark: Imo it's much more transparent then Ozone.

ChamomileShark wrote: a $79 upgrade it's tempting.
+1

:hyper:

The clipper and drive on this is top notch!

shroom81 wrote:
plexuss wrote: I usually leave -0.5 to -0.8db headroom and master to around -16 LUFS and use a true peak limiter. This prevents strings of ISPs in 128k streams and none in better quality streams.
I am not sure what you are talking about. None of my masters throw ISPs except with 128k in which case there may be the occassional ISP. It's uncommon for people to master as low as I do at -16 LUFS. so what case are you resting?

plexuss wrote:
shroom81 wrote:
I am not sure what you are talking about. None of my masters throw ISPs except with 128k in which case there may be the occassional ISP. It's uncommon for people to master as low as I do at -16 LUFS. so what case are you resting?
Those numbers seem perfectly fine so I don't really know myself what I was on about :dog:

Return to “Effects”