Acustica Audio Lemon: Dreamware Multi Tap Delay

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

soulone82 wrote:
Turello wrote:€109.65 for a delay???
No thanks, there's a lot of great freeware out there... ;-)
Elton John too wouldn´t even touch it.
elton john lately is busy buying single emulation plug-ins at a doubled price.
And they are "just" compressors or equalizers, and there is great freeware out there....
Oh I see there are single tape emulation plugins on sale too.

each emulation here costs 2.70
you have always the damping filter and the preamp (oh yes, someone is selling single preamps plugins at 100 dollars or more!). Very often you have the original eq section, sometimes also dynamics.
And now, who is pricey?!

Giancarlo the demos sound excellent. Congratulations. Does the new Core 11 technology allow this to be used in real time without adding latency or is this a mix tool as opposed to a live tool.. Assuming of course that the audio card is capable of low latencies .

Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote:
Scotty wrote:That's funny.. I don't usually decide to buy a plugin based on oscilloscope traces however; if they can give a list of the tape delays that they have captured ... I'd be interested in the Fulltone and its inclusion would make me consider it seriously even if it is a Lemon.
Numanoid wrote:
Scotty wrote:I've been trying to find some audio examples of this... have you seen any links?
There is a short preview on youtube, too bad they forgot to include any audio in it :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MGgO1ZY7QM

this time we have 1 gibaytes of demo files! we prepared them for our Lemon contest.
This is the link:
https://app.box.com/s/ipla2awslvugb1rzmeek9ppis0igven0

about the list of emulations, just check the impressive user manual! there is the history of many of them:
https://app.box.com/shared/static/zxns9 ... 54epj7.pdf

@turello
About the price: it is perceived as low from our customers:
- we have 40 emulations, most of them featuring also original equalizers and damp filters
- a lot of delay machines are very rare or generally not in good shape
- a lot of emulations work as "tape" machines, I see there are a lot of praises on fb, our forum and gs
- this delay is imho a revolution in delay textures, it feels very organic and distant from the usual ir-based delay plugin

You can use them at lower latencies but cpu load raises quite a bit!

Why the decision to call it lemon?

When it comes to desirable fruits, peaches are the way to go.

Numanoid wrote:Why the decision to call it lemon?

And there doesn't appear to be an Acqua Peach!

I think the habit of calling something bad or faulty a 'lemon' is known mainly to brits. Other people think lemons are just fine.

Liero wrote:I think the habit of calling something bad or faulty a 'lemon' is known mainly to brits. Other people think lemons are just fine.
Nothing like a used lemon car in the States :)

plexuss wrote:

All our acqua plugins are English colors

Liero wrote:I think the habit of calling something bad or faulty a 'lemon' is known mainly to brits. Other people think lemons are just fine.
Yes we were tempted to change the name because this (or cars in USA).
Anyway at the end it was even more funny, because the implicit reference to delorean as "lemon" car. Central theme of this plugin is "back to the future" movie and plot

plexuss wrote:

All our acqua plugins are English colors
Peach is a colour here in Canada, english speaking canada that is. oui!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peach_(color)

Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote:Yes we were tempted to change the name because this (or cars in USA).
Yeah, when I saw the thread title, my perception of it, was that the op was warning everyone about a badly developed multi tap delay plugin by Acustica Audio. :lol:
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

soulone82 wrote:
Turello wrote:€109.65 for a delay???
No thanks, there's a lot of great freeware out there... ;-)
Elton John too wouldn´t even touch it.
[rant]
The Elton John reference is a running gag here at KVR - it's a inside joke that stems from a thread about another delay plugin - it didn't mean at all what you apparently assumed it meant.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Effects”