Best free/cheap convolution reverb?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The topic itself is quite self explanatory.

I've been givin an eye to Meldas multiband convolution, but I've already bought Thorn and SM One this month so I don't have that extra 50€ atm :P

Any free alternative until I treat myself with Melda?

This one is free.
By adding $ 39 you get the Reverberate Core, which plays even true stereo IRs.

https://www.liquidsonics.com/software/reverberate-le/

Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

+1 to SIR 1. I also like Ignite Amps' NadIR.
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

Melda has 4 random plugins for half price every week, their "eternal madness" thingy. I got my MConvolutionMB that way, and it's a fantastic plugin if you like to get deep with convolution sound design.

Got so excited I forgot why I was posting: viewtopic.php?f=246&t=403082

Simple true-stereo capable plugin.

.jon wrote: Got so excited I forgot why I was posting: viewtopic.php?f=246&t=403082

Simple true-stereo capable plugin.
IRDust is great. Used it for years. Get it and enjoy.
REAVerb is also a great freebie for convolution reverb.
SIR1 gets another thumbs up.

I moved on to Fog Convolver because I liked the added options and ease of using/exploring/organizing many multiple libraries of impulses responses.

Melda MConvolutionMB when it's on 50% off sale is great

MogwaiBoy wrote:Melda MConvolutionMB when it's on 50% off sale is great
Well, actually is and I got it. For 25€ it is nearly a gift. Played around with it and it eats the other candidates for breakfast. :clown: cubase's own reverence and waves' IR-L look very poor now.

ReverendLove wrote:
Well, actually is and I got it. For 25€ it is nearly a gift. Played around with it and it eats the other candidates for breakfast. :clown: cubase's own reverence and waves' IR-L look very poor now.
So it is 50% off today. I've been playing around with it and for sure, it's very nice. I also have Waves IR-1/IR-L which I picked up in one of their sales over the summer which I do like a lot.

For an idiot like me, can you tell me why, other than the modulation and other effects, you think it puts the IR-1 to shame?
A bit fried in the higher freqs

cprompt wrote:
ReverendLove wrote:
So it is 50% off today. I've been playing around with it and for sure, it's very nice. I also have Waves IR-1/IR-L which I picked up in one of their sales over the summer which I do like a lot.

For an idiot like me, can you tell me why, other than the modulation and other effects, you think it puts the IR-1 to shame?
Have you investigated the crossover features which make the Melda multiband versions pretty unique, just a hint ;)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

ReverendLove wrote:

IR-L is a great reverb.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Have you investigated the crossover features which make the Melda multiband versions pretty unique, just a hint ;)
IR-1 has crossover too.
ATS wrote:IR-L is a great reverb.
Yeah, I spent more time last night playing with the advanced features of IR-1 and whilst the Melda plugin is nice, it doesn't blow IR-1 out of the water by any stretch. IR-1 also takes less CPU. It's also easier to add my own IRs and make presets - "Load IR", "Save Preset", job done. I couldn't see an easy way of doing that in MConvolutionMB without adding paths to the config and whatnot.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

cprompt wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:Have you investigated the crossover features which make the Melda multiband versions pretty unique, just a hint ;)
IR-1 has crossover too.
Not the same as Melda it doesnt, can you target bands by dynamic content, or effect transients and sustain separately?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Reaverb (download with Reaper but is a vst can work in any DAW)

And get IRs from http://www.samplicity.com/bricasti-m7-i ... responses/

Top quality free* combo.

*I'm gathering from Reaper's purchase page that the Reaplugs are free, the DAW is what you are on your honor to pay for if you keep using it.

ATS wrote:
ReverendLove wrote:

IR-L is a great reverb.
Sure it ist. I like it a lot for its simplicity.
OTH the melda is obviously more sophisticated. At the end they all are ir-hosts and they give you back what you feed them.
But i really love the crossover options for panorama, the volume and the blending feature for two different IRs. The modulation possibilities are endless and so I get to a pseudo realistic or lively ambience much easier.
And for 25€ its a no brainer. You can't do that what MConvolutionMB can do with a free ir-host. And there are very good ones in the wild. I wonder why nobody mentioned freeverb3. Ok it's ugly but it can do true
stereo too and performs exactly.

Return to “Effects”