Best free/cheap convolution reverb?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

+1 AudioThing Fog Convolver.

Great clean interface, smooth and ultra intuitive workflow, true stereo and doesn't break the bank.

When less is more...

Multicellular wrote:*I'm gathering from Reaper's purchase page that the Reaplugs are free, the DAW is what you are on your honor to pay for if you keep using it.
The ReaPlugs package certainly is free but I don't recall the Reaverb being included for some reason.

ReverendLove wrote:
MogwaiBoy wrote:Melda MConvolutionMB when it's on 50% off sale is great
Well, actually is and I got it. For 25€ it is nearly a gift. Played around with it and it eats the other candidates for breakfast. :clown: cubase's own reverence and waves' IR-L look very poor now.
Call me weak but I grabbed it :P

Sounds like million dollars :tu:

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
cprompt wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:Have you investigated the crossover features which make the Melda multiband versions pretty unique, just a hint ;)
IR-1 has crossover too.
Not the same as Melda it doesnt, can you target bands by dynamic content, or effect transients and sustain separately?
No doubt you're absolutely right, but doing those things is just waaaaaay beyond my limited ability. Seriously, I'm like, load IR... sound good? No, load another, Yes, get level right. Job done. Really, I'm a total schmuck when it comes to this sort of thing!
A bit fried in the higher freqs

cprompt wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
cprompt wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:Have you investigated the crossover features which make the Melda multiband versions pretty unique, just a hint ;)
IR-1 has crossover too.
Not the same as Melda it doesnt, can you target bands by dynamic content, or effect transients and sustain separately?
No doubt you're absolutely right, but doing those things is just waaaaaay beyond my limited ability. Seriously, I'm like, load IR... sound good? No, load another, Yes, get level right. Job done. Really, I'm a total schmuck when it comes to this sort of thing!
Then I am a total schmuch too man cause I’m right on your side with you on this. I don’t need a fat heavy bloated reverb full of micro parameters & settings that at the end I’ll just use the IR sample slot, the basic EQ or filter and that’s pretty much it. Not saying it’s not useful to some, but my philosophy on this (and in general in life) is that less is more once again… And having less allows me to concentrate more on the sound itself than microtuning 75 parameters for hours. And that’s exactly why I love Fog Convolver, it’s was created exactly for that purpose.

Interested in picking a convolution reverb up. The Melda one is $30 on sale, I'm with the poster above on being one for simplicity. Is fog convolver and the melda similar cpu wise? I'm sure I could use the melda and not bother with the multiband stuff, just load an impulse, tweak the length, predelay and filters and move on.

Before I get round to demoing them - anyone used both? Are they both similar in quality and recreating the impulses fed through them? Ofc fog convolver is over double the price of the Melda one in the sale so that's a factor atm.

I have melda, fog and reverberate. I like them all, but very different. If you want load/tweak/move on, get Fog. It costs more but the workflow fits your description. I think you will like using it much more than the others.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Melda now offers MConvolutionEZ for free! Go to www.meldaproduction.com/MConvolutionEZ * You actually get a free suite of over 30 plugins, which are not time restricted, and do not have usage limits.
IR's of all sorts are included, and you can add your own. If you have some go-to IR's, you just mark them as favorites, and then you don't have to search for them or navigate to them ever again. Nice!
Also has metering (hide-able), plus high pass & low pass filters. And, it's easy to dial in a sound.
*I know that this thread was started over 1 year ago, but this still might interest some. Trust me, this is a seriously nice reverb.

Return to “Effects”