Anyone else put off by the upgrade prices to Ozone?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jbarish wrote:I hope you bit at audiodeluxe.com. That upgrade is $179 there.
This one? It tells me it's $250.

Sorry, I mistakenly thought quoted you the price for the MPB2 upgrade. The MPB1 upgrade is $250 at audiodeluxe but if you sign in and add it to your cart you're automatically given a coupon code that makes the final price 212.50

Well sheeit. I'd never even heard of that site.

dumbledog wrote:Well sheeit. I'd never even heard of that site.
Sign up to audiodeluxe (its free) then you almost always will get a discount on products (you just have to add something to your cart when signed in to see what discount you can get). Jrrshop and Audiodeluxe are usually the best place to buy stuff, as they often have discounts over-and-above listed specials' prices.

iZotope O8N2 has been a game changer for me. Without it I spent hours to get the tonal balance of a track right. A procedure I hated because it was wasted, non-creative time for me. With it I throw Neutron on every track, tweak them a bit, throw Ozone on the master, tweak it a bit, and the whole thing is done! For this time saving convenience I gladly paid one of these frequently announced discount prices. I know this is a minority’s opinion, but that‘s my way...
Last edited by martinjuenke on Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Definitely off-putting to me. I'm poor and haven't upgraded in many years. I think I'm on version 3??
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

this is a much better price for the upgrade, still a bit steep but, now i will give it a demo and see if this tonal balance is all it's cracked up to be. i have the production bundle 2.
Facebook: https://www.facebook...98625/timeline/
Youtube Tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/user/Wazatsc
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/warren-k-music
Latest Releases: https://pro.beatport.com/artist/warren-k/483631

Yes, even with the discounts at the moment, the upgrade is not super cheap for me (going from Music Production Bundle).

I gave the Ozone 8 demo a try, particularly the Tonal Balance. To be honest, I didn't feel it to be all that great. It seemed to be telling me to boost around 2-6KHz to get my song the same as "Modern" or even "Bass Heavy" in quite a few songs, so I took the tonal advice, but then when I listened to my masters on headphones the songs were quite noticeably harsh.

And I just got the Mid-highs in the ballpark but still low according to Tonal Balance. So I went back to using my ears.

Creating your own custom curve based on one or more reference tracks will give much better results.

jbarish wrote:Sorry, I mistakenly thought quoted you the price for the MPB2 upgrade. The MPB1 upgrade is $250 at audiodeluxe but if you sign in and add it to your cart you're automatically given a coupon code that makes the final price 212.50
Thanks for the heads up on this! I received a promo email from Izotope stating that as an Elements owner I was eligible for this sale which seemed wrong, because the bundle says 'upgrade from any Standard product'. I emailed Izotope support and they confirmed if you see an offer in your account under upgrades, then you're in fact eligible for it even if it's in error.

I was going to purchase directly from Izotope for $250, but saw your comment and went ahead with Audiodeluxe for $212.50, got the serial numbers and was able to deposit/register them within my account. They're available for download and everything looks good!

I wouldn't have paid full price for either Standard or Advanced, but I think $212.50 for both Ozone Adv. and Neutron Adv. plus the price of what I paid for Elements ($69 on sale last year for the bundle), so all in $281.50 is a solid deal for these tools.

Have to say... the current upgrade prices are now very reasonable and I've gone ahead and done it. We all cringed when Ozone 8 and Neutron 2 were initially released because of the upgrade costs. Have to remember the pattern next time and just be patient and wait - don't buy on day 1. I guess they try to catch all the "must upgrade NOW" crowd at the beginning who are OK with super high prices - but eventually they come for our cheapo dollar too :D

A bit tempted to upgrade MPB2 to MPS for $168.99 at audiodeluxe....hmmm

Anyone else put off by the upgrade prices to Ozone?
To be honest: No.
Because I already have more or less all of iZotope and am quite happy with it! :)

Didn't upgrade in the latest round and instead switched from Ozone to the awesome Elevate bundle for most tracks. Not planning to replace StutterEdit and RX, though.
Some music with visuals and mixed tutorials related to game dev and sound design: https://www.youtube.com/@MetasideOfficial

metaside wrote:Didn't upgrade in the latest round and instead switched from Ozone to the awesome Elevate bundle for most tracks. Not planning to replace StutterEdit and RX, though.
What are the most noticable pro of the Elevate bundle compared to Ozone/Neutron, in your experience?

Return to “Effects”