TBProAudio: ISOL8 - Mix Monitoring Plug-in for Windows and Mac OS X

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ISOL8

I have a feature idea. I'd like to use this as a x-crossover for effect chains to build multi band effects. I found not many plugins which work well for that task. Maybe ISOL8 could fill that gap?

As far as I know Linkwitz-Riley is the best choice best for a neutral sounding x-over, right? And it also has 24/48dB/Oct filter slope, so ISOL8 sounds perfect.

But I miss some slopes, like 6db/Oct which can sound very different. Sometimes step filter are better, sometimes gentle ones.

midi_transmission wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:59 pm I have a feature idea. I'd like to use this as a x-crossover for effect chains to build multi band effects. I found not many plugins which work well for that task. Maybe ISOL8 could fill that gap?

As far as I know Linkwitz-Riley is the best choice best for a neutral sounding x-over, right? And it also has 24/48dB/Oct filter slope, so ISOL8 sounds perfect.

But I miss some slopes, like 6db/Oct which can sound very different. Sometimes step filter are better, sometimes gentle ones.
Thank you. We will think about. Please to note that only LR4 filter sum up perfectly. 6/12db will create a nonlinear response ...

Good to know about LR4, wasn't aware of that. Thanks.

I just had the http://www.tube-tech.com/smc-2bm-multib ... ompressor/ in mind, which use a 6db/oct x-over. I also did listening tests with some multiband plugins which offer different x-over slopes and noticed some differences (sometimes step is better, sometimes gentle).

Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe sometimes technically worse sounds better, interesting question.

Update to 2.5.0:
- NEW: smart bypass
- UPDATE: auto plugin update check
- FIX: PT, AS crash

Does smart bypass mean that while not engaged the filters will not go over 0 dbfs?

ReverbHead wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:11 am Does smart bypass mean that while not engaged the filters will not go over 0 dbfs?
No. Smart bypass means that the transition from one filter setting to the other is done without clicks and pops.

First of all, thanks for this plugin and for your other plugins!

I've seen that you've added automatic update checking to them. I don't like this, but maybe others find it useful. The setting to turn it off didn't persist between restarts, but saving it as a default preset worked, so I won't complain anymore.

With that said, I still think the update icon looks somewhat out of place. I'm guessing it lights up or blinks when an update is available.
What if, instead of using a separate icon, you would notify of new updates by lighting up some existing part of the UI? Maybe the "hamburger menu" lines, because they're (AFAIK) the same across all plugins. There are many lighting patterns you can use, such as alternating lighting of the lines or a "breathing" pattern. But don't go too crazy or it becomes distracting. A static light (with maybe a blink every once in a while) would probably work best.

Logga wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:28 pm With that said, I still think the update icon looks somewhat out of place. I'm guessing it lights up or blinks when an update is available.
Thank you for this. We will try to find a better solution :-)

Update to V2.7.0:
- NEW: non OpenGL/Metal version
- NEW: Side chain monitoring
- NEW: swap left/right output
- UPDATE: smooth change of XOver freq values
- UPDATE: Save settings as startup values
- UPDATE: toggle online update check
- FIX: AU multichannel support
- FIX: VST3 Ardour channel assignment
- FIX: AAX crash with 2.6.3
- FIX: XOver freq boundscheck
- FIX: AAX audio thread overload
- FIX: load saved XOver freq values correctly
- FIX: rounded freq values
- FIX: update icon changed
- FIX: compatibility of automation parameter to prev. versions
- FIX: crash preset recall (GUI scale)
- FIX: VST3/WIN GUI stops reacting after preset loading

Hey there @TB-ProAudio,

I love this plugin, but I've been having huge CPU spikes with the latest versions. My PC is old (2014-ish), and my video card is equally old (Nvidia GTX550Ti), I want to go back to an older version of the plugin, wich one would you recommend?, also, where can I get it? Do you have legacy installers available?
Thank you.

Dogbert wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:45 pm Hey there @TB-ProAudio,

I love this plugin, but I've been having huge CPU spikes with the latest versions. My PC is old (2014-ish), and my video card is equally old (Nvidia GTX550Ti), I want to go back to an older version of the plugin, wich one would you recommend?, also, where can I get it? Do you have legacy installers available?
Thank you.

https://www.tbproaudio.de/download#discontinued

Thank you very much.

Return to “Effects”