Eventide Anthology XI released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Anthology XI

Does anybody know if new plugins to be released will be added in the bundle? Or will we have to pay for them the regular price? The description on eventide s site makes me assume that all new stuff will be added without an additional charge, so I'm confused

michaeltn86 wrote:Does anybody know if new plugins to be released will be added in the bundle? Or will we have to pay for them the regular price? The description on eventide s site makes me assume that all new stuff will be added without an additional charge, so I'm confused
I expecting the releases of Anthology XII at some point in the future so i would say no free additions or? I'm a new user of their stuff so i don't know how they handled this in the past.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

They have different business models

For the stomp box h9, all new plugins are included, but u need to have bought the bundle from the beginning.

For the anthology, there were no plugins added to X, but on eventide s website, it implies that XI Anthology XI new ones will be added "as well as current and future classics".

If the new plugins will be added, it d be a no brained imho. But they need to make it clear soon....

They will probably includes the new plugins in a future bundle and let you upgrade for 1$!

Ryan99 wrote:They will probably includes the new plugins in a future bundle and let you upgrade for 1$!
:tu:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I have upgraded to X last year, and my price upgrading X>XI is 70 usd right now they say

There is a handfull of new plugs

If just one of them is being purchased at a later time, it would likely make more sense to upgrade the hole bundle now, even in case that specific plug that I was after got discounted to half price later on

Eventide is a bit oposite, they do these big deals by introduction, but no crazy reductions later on. Some giveaways though.

I guess I will upgrade my bundle for the reason that there actually is ONE of the new plugs that I am interested in :)
HM

michaeltn86 wrote:Does anybody know if new plugins to be released will be added in the bundle? Or will we have to pay for them the regular price? The description on eventide s site makes me assume that all new stuff will be added without an additional charge, so I'm confused
Are you basing that on this:

"Anthology XI is comprised of twenty three plug-ins based on over 45 years of Eventide studio mainstays, as well as current and future classics."

If so then I think that is marketing. I think they are optimistically claiming that plugins such as Fission, which have no hardware counterpart, will become 'classics' (not IMHO).

Or was it something else you read?

HM wrote: Eventide is a bit oposite, they do these big deals by introduction, but no crazy reductions later on. Some giveaways though.
Eventide proper has not done a giveaway AFAIK, since the 2016 reverb giveaway with Focusrite and I think that was back in 2016. Newfangled Audio had a giveaway with Equivocate, and they do seem to be something of a partner, but I get the sense that Newfangled was behind that trying to build some market awareness for their own brand.

Eventide did run several sales on Blackhole as well as a pretty good sale on most of their other reverbs last Black Friday. My sense is that they had kind of fallen under the radar and so did a bunch of promotions to get the word out they they were all about that plugin business.

There last couple of intro promotions weren't quite as good, discount-wise, as the reverb sale last year or the Blackhole sales.

I'll keep watching them this year, but, my current strategy for them is to wait for anthology XII unless they have really great intro offers.

ghettosynth wrote:
HM wrote: Eventide is a bit oposite, they do these big deals by introduction, but no crazy reductions later on. Some giveaways though.
Eventide proper has not done a giveaway AFAIK, since the 2016 reverb giveaway with Focusrite and I think that was back in 2016. Newfangled Audio had a giveaway with Equivocate, and they do seem to be something of a partner, but I get the sense that Newfangled was behind that trying to build some market awareness for their own brand.

Eventide did run several sales on Blackhole as well as a pretty good sale on most of their other reverbs last Black Friday. My sense is that they had kind of fallen under the radar and so did a bunch of promotions to get the word out they they were all about that plugin business.

There last couple of intro promotions weren't quite as good, discount-wise, as the reverb sale last year or the Blackhole sales.

I'll keep watching them this year, but, my current strategy for them is to wait for anthology XII unless they have really great intro offers.
They did an amazing offer xmas 2016 - $99 for Anthology X if you had 4 plugins. I already had 2 freebies, Blackhole and I picked up another one for $29 AFAIR. Audiodeluxe had a coupon that brought X down to $83.

Then this year I got Anthology XI for $1.

Hopefully you can get on board with another deal like that.

lnikj wrote:
Are you basing that on this:

"Anthology XI is comprised of twenty three plug-ins based on over 45 years of Eventide studio mainstays, as well as current and future classics."

If so then I think that is marketing. I think they are optimistically claiming that plugins such as Fission, which have no hardware counterpart, will become 'classics' (not IMHO).

Or was it something else you read?
hahaha, that makes so much sense!!! I'm not a native speaker, so it was me being optimistic and confused. at least I'm glad I was not the only one optimistic hahahahaha

lnikj wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:

They did an amazing offer xmas 2016 - $99 for Anthology X if you had 4 plugins. I already had 2 freebies, Blackhole and I picked up another one for $29 AFAIR. Audiodeluxe had a coupon that brought X down to $83.

Yeah I REALLY hope they do something like that again. I have 4 plugins ready to upgrade!
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

^ The incredible thing was that it wasn't an 'upgrade'. I kept the licences for the other 4 plugins. I could have sold them but never got round to it. That was a wise move, because I wouldn't have qualified for the $1 upgrade if I had.

lnikj wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:

Yes, I got Anthology X last year with four plugins when they had that promo and picked up XI this year for $1. My reference to my strategy was with respect to buying new plugins on release or waiting for Anthology XII.

I was tempted with their delay plugin but passed and while Fission seemed interesting, it was never cheap enough for me to jump. The question, for me, is how they might change their strategy in the future and how often they will upgrade Anthology. Are they ramping up development? Or, is it already, in a sense, ramped up?

I don't know, so I'll watch them this year to see if I can get a sense of whether or not it will make sense to buy plugins outside of an Anthology upgrade.

Related, however, is that I think if you are waiting for another good deal like that it might be a long time. I get the sense that they have managed to build up the market presence that they were looking for. I remember when Ultrachannel was released for free, in 32 bit only, KVR was all "Eventide makes plugins, who knew?"
Last edited by ghettosynth on Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

^ Sorry, I misread you.

I was tempted by UltraTap during the year; but now I am very glad I didn't buy it.

It does leave them in a peculiar position; the take home message would appear to be - "If you own Anthology, don't buy our plugins, we'll give them to you later'. Not, I imagine, the message they want to send out.

lnikj wrote:^ Sorry, I misread you.

I was tempted by UltraTap during the year; but now I am very glad I didn't buy it.

It does leave them in a peculiar position; the take home message would appear to be - "If you own Anthology, don't buy our plugins, we'll give them to you later'. Not, I imagine, the message they want to send out.
As with any vendor who offers an inclusive bundle and then upgrades it to include all new plugins. This is probably part of the impetus behind Komplete and Komplete Ultimate. With Komplete being somewhat inkomplete, there's no guarantee that you will get all of the new things, in fact, it's something of a crap shoot from the consumer's perspective.

In any case, I think that the deals will become somewhat less exciting over time as Eventide has a valid "high end" brand name and they should be able to command a bit more.

Compare last year's deal to this year's deal. Last year ANY four Eventide plugins got you into Anthology X for $99 (retail from Eventide), this year, the same conditions cost you $499 (retail from Eventide) and the best that you can do if you didn't already own Anthology in some form is $299.

That tells me that they view their strategy of getting customers on board with promotions and huge discounts as successful and that you can expect to pay a bit more for their plugins going forward. So, it might be worthwhile to pick up one a year if it really excites you or if the price is quite good with respect to the expected increase.

Return to “Effects”