PaulXStretch plugin (1.2.4, February 26th 2019)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PaulXStretch

Will give this a shot over the next few days, and see how it works in Logic :tu:

/* pinknoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

This is amazing, thanx for all the hard work. I played for a bit with the standalone in win10, no issues to report.
Is there any chance at all for a 32bit build of the plugin (win vst) any time in the future?
The mind boggles.

another big "thank you !!!"

:tu:

downloading...

...but unfortunately doesn’t pass the validation process on Logic X, made report to Apple what is written here (fortunately quite short )

VERIFYING CUSTOM UI Cocoa Views Available: 1

JUCE_AUCocoaViewClass_d1dd1e14e20a7e5b PASS

HAS FACTORY PRESETS
VERIFYING CLASS INFO PASS

TESTING HOST CALLBACKS PASS

* * PASS -------------------------------------------------- PUBLISHED PARAMETER INFO:

# # # 29 Global Scope Parameters:

WARNING: retrievedValue = 0.172185 (was 0.172185), Parameter did not retain default value when set

* * PASS -------------------------------------------------- FORMAT TESTS:

Reported Channel Capabilities (explicit): [2,2] [4,4] [8,8]

Input/Output Channel Handling:

1-1 1-2 1-4 1-5 1-6 1-7 1-8 2-2 2-4 2-5 2-6 2-7 2-8 4-4 4-5 5-5 6-6 7-7 8-8

XXX validation result: validation bloquée

Krakatau wrote: ...but unfortunately doesn’t pass the validation process on Logic X, made report to Apple what is written here (fortunately quite short )
Yeah I should have tested with auval first here. However since the AudioUnit did run in GarageBand, I thought it would be ok...

Anyway I made a fix that makes the auval now succeed. (At least the command line auval tool, I wonder if Logic uses the same one...?) The plugin reported invalid IO channel counts [2-2], [4-4], [8-8] while it actually doesn't support more than 2 inputs at the moment.

ofersmi wrote: one thing I noticed is when changing the FFT size the buffer starts from the beginning
It's quite tricky to keep the sync when the FFT size is changed, but I can attempt improving it. (The standalone app did the FFT size changing in another way but I am reluctant to make the plugin do that same thing as it wastes so much memory...)

ThomasHelzle wrote: Is there a way to make it sync to the transport control, so that it stops when the DAW is stopped and starts from the beginning when the DAW starts from zero? I guess that falls under the "operational issues" heading ;-)
Currently there isn't any sync with the DAW app, I can look at providing options for that.

Xenakios wrote:For the very brave and curious, I am releasing a preview of the PaulXStretch effect plugin, based on the PaulStretch algorithm/standalone app. There are various operational issues and the GUI isn't that fancy, but it would be valuable to get information on whether the plugin runs at all, if it crashes and so on.

No manual or demonstration video exists at the moment, but some information follows :

The plugin is only suitable for radical transformation of sounds. It is not suitable at all for subtle time corrections and such. Ambient music and sound design are probably the most suitable use cases.

The plugin can either load an existing audio file from disk to process or it can capture audio from the plugin inputs. (The capture mode is started/stopped with the "Capture" parameter.)

The plugin will require the DAW audio engine to be running on the track it is inserted on. How that is achieved in various hosts is specific to those hosts. Some hosts will just immediately start running the plugin, in other hosts one may need to record/input monitor enable the track or something else needs to be done.

The plugin has lots of latency, that isn't reported to the host currently. I will have to investigate later what, if anything, can be done about those issues.

I have tested that the plugin loads and runs in :

Windows : Reaper, Ableton Live Lite, JUCE plugin host.

Mac Os : Reaper (VST), Ableton Live Lite (VST), GarageBand (AU), Plogue Bidule (VST).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Downloads :

Windows 64 bit VST2, for Windows 7 or newer :

https://goo.gl/nGjQ1W

Mac Os 64 bit VST2 and AudioUnit, for OS-X 10.9 or newer :

https://goo.gl/fqtfYb

No Linux build yet, but will appear at some point. Support for 32 bit, Windows XP/Vista and old Mac OS-X versions is not in the plans.

Source code hosted at :

https://bitbucket.org/xenakios/paulstre ... n/overview

Screenshot :

:love: :love: Ok, I've had about 15 min. with it. Report: in FL Studio 12.5.1 x64. on WIN8.1 X64.
Loads nearly instantly! No crashes. saves project...BUT won't reopen the same project Error message"FL Studio Has stopped Working" at launch.
The modular features, are great! I did use Sonic Charge's Permut8, with no issues.
Great to see the vst! I've been off an on, here for awhile(new day job) so if you want to PM me, when you get a new version posted, I'll be happy to test the new versions. OH, any chance of an Hourglass vst?

Crashed and didn't pass the validation in Mainstage. Looking forward to a fix...
Mac Pro 10-core, Sierra

I love it! I've wanted a PaulStretch-type VST for quite some time.
One issue I'm having is after using PaulXStretch for about 2-3 minutes and changing various values, the sound suddenly cuts out and won't come back until I've reloaded the plug and a new sample. This happens every time I try to use it. I'm on Windows 8.1, FL Studio 12, using Focusrite Scarlet ASIO as my audio device.

Tj Shredder wrote:Crashed and didn't pass the validation in Mainstage. Looking forward to a fix...
Mac Pro 10-core, Sierra
But the vst runs fine in Bitwig. Great plug-in.
I just wonder, if it would be possible, to do the granulation also while capture is on? Then it would do its magic on a live buffer.
I also recoginzed, that on import it will run through the material once before it starts sounding. Is there some analysis going on? Or is the fft size the complete sound file?
Its a mystery.... love it...

Tj Shredder wrote:is the fft size the complete sound file?
It can be, if the FFT size is long and the file is relatively short...(The plugin doesn't currently display the actual FFT length used, but at the moment the maximum length with the parameter value 1.0 is about 3 seconds at 44100 Hz sample rate.)

Bidule, win10, so far so good, so thanks.

OK, tested plugin recall with a saved project in Live 10 beta on Win 10.

It reloads the plugin fine, and remembers the sample and settings it had loaded.
But it only does that after I open the plugin's GUI.
If I leave the plugin window closed (Live projects load with the plugin GUIs closed) it doesn't do any sound and it only loads the sample after opening the GUI.
Doesn't seems to remember the playback position either.

(None of this is much of a problem, IMO)

edit : removed link to a non working build.
Last edited by Xenakios on Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”