Fuse Audio Labs releases the VCL-4 Vintage Opto Leveler

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like what this does when hard driving the gain into it on drums with extreme Threshold and Ratio settings, totally slams and pumps and brings out those hidden bits in between.

Not its intended purpose I know but thats how I like to use compression......to destroy.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Because of your known plugin development and Gearslutz comments I just dropped the cash without demoing :)
Man, I'm flattered, really. I was going to say "I hope you also like what you hear", but then I saw your other post. So thank you and I'm glad you're digging the plug.

Best,
Ray

fuseaudiolabs wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:Because of your known plugin development and Gearslutz comments I just dropped the cash without demoing :)
Man, I'm flattered, really. I was going to say "I hope you also like what you hear", but then I saw your other post. So thank you and I'm glad you're digging the plug.

Best,
Ray
CPU usage is really good too, peaking at 0.4% on my old i7.

Keen to see what else you release :hyper:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

fuseaudiolabs wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:And no suprise added VAT - like Analog Obsession grrrr
Hey there,

Sorry I have to be a smart ass on that one:

VAT has to be collected if you're selling from the EU, unless you want to get into serious trouble. So it's not our "fault" it's just the law.

The good news is that our prices are calculated in a way that they already include the respective VAT for your country. So the final price is always 39 USD or 35€ (depending on your preferred currency). So you actually don't pay more then someone else just because you're buying from e.g. Sweden.

No offense and I hope this makes sense.

Best,
Ray
This is how it should be done. And I don't buy from companies anymore that handles it differently

Going to try this out today. :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

And bought. Loving it on drums, guitars, synths so far. Really good. Really looking forward to new plugins from this company. ;)

You can now download v1.0.1 of the VCL-4 at https://www.fuseaudiolabs.de/#vcl4 which includes the following fixes:

-Fix ratio/meter mode knob mousewheel glitches
-Fix installer issues on Mac OS
-Fix CMD+V in activation text edits on Mac OS

Best,
Ray | Fuse Audio Labs

Nice seeing a compressor off the more beaten path getting emulated. Particularly from a new company and respected developer. The price is also quite attractive. I'm looking forward to getting a chance to demo this. Compared to the BRA stuff and other higher end plugs, the GUI looks a bit dated and simple (graphically) but hey, it's the sound that matters most right?

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Nice seeing a compressor off the more beaten path getting emulated. Particularly from a new company and respected developer. The price is also quite attractive. I'm looking forward to getting a chance to demo this. Compared to the BRA stuff and other higher end plugs, the GUI looks a bit dated and simple (graphically) but hey, it's the sound that matters most right?
Thanks for the kind and honest words, man. I'm curious about your final verdict on the comp's sound...

Best,
Ray

Yes! Offline activation. Thats great :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Thanks to my man Igor for this nice review of the VCL-4: Fuse Audio Labs VCL-4 – N.C.rec.

It also contains so brief technical insights by me for everyone that wants to get a little closer to what's under the hood.

Best,
Ray

Glad to see a new product from you!

Does this use the same authorization style as BRA/PA that allows authorization on a portable drive?

Hi Ray,
Demoing VCL-4 right now, and I'm enjoying it. The one thing that concerns me is that when pushing it really hard, aliasing seems to rear it's ugly head. Are there any plans to adding oversampling or compensate for this another way??

Robert Randolph wrote:Glad to see a new product from you!

Does this use the same authorization style as BRA/PA that allows authorization on a portable drive?
Hi Robert,

we currently do not support the activation of portable drives, but it's on the list of features to be added soon as a matter of fact.

Best,
Ray

jbarish wrote:Hi Ray,
Demoing VCL-4 right now, and I'm enjoying it. The one thing that concerns me is that when pushing it really hard, aliasing seems to rear it's ugly head. Are there any plans to adding oversampling or compensate for this another way??
Hi jbarish,

You're right, the VCL-4 is not oversampled and the main focus besides accuracy of the modeling was to be light on the CPU given the moderate Audio path distortion involved unless you hit it really hard. Currently, there are no plans to add oversampling, so I'm afraid you'll have to resort to higher sample rates if this is really bothering you.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Ray

Return to “Effects”