Waves Scheps Omni Channel

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Scheps Omni Channel

Only to make it clear: I got a lot of other install-packs from a lot of other companies. Ni, Steinberg, flux, fxpansion, cakewalk, etc. And i use ilok and elicenser etc., but nothing of them makes such problems like the waves one. But, ok, maybe not a got place to whine about this thing in this thread. But its the truth. And its a product specific part of this interesting plugin. I would have been glad to taste it.
Was Große tun, beschwatzen gern die Kleinen.

MogwaiBoy wrote:I like the 'slot' idea - adds a touch of user customisation.

I don't need this right away though so I'll just wait for a $29 deal eventually :D
Ha ha... Due to the perceived popularity of this plugin, I doubt It will be added to that price point anytime soon- unless you buy other plugins along with it to get the multi plugin discount. $49 is likely to be the lowest you'll see for quite some time. Maybe in 2019 or later.

The worst are clearly Softube with their Gobbler shit - it would be quite a task to beat 'em in the funny game of pissing legal customers off. :hihi:

(well it's not like much the rest of their business decisions would be any more sane from a customer perspective :-o)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

bmanic wrote: Waves Central is as it's always been, super bloated. It installs TONS of .dll files all over the place.. so yeah, nothing has changed there, unfortunately.
I'll pass then.

Too bad cause i hear good reviews but i really don't want that octopus in my computer. Two years (or was it more??) ago when they changed to that "improved" system i had legit bug and issues (they confirmed it back then) and when i installed that Waves something on my computer all my network activities where crippled. Apparently it was their new authorization system at work. I uninstalled and never looked back.

Why is it so hard for them to only release a plugin..

Off-topic a bit...
How do you uninstall single Waves plugins? Say ones that you've demoed, but haven't bought.
Is the only way to uninstall everything and reinstall the ones you want to keep?

That would be a big waste of bandwidth to redownload all those plugins.
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

evilantal wrote:Off-topic a bit...
How do you uninstall single Waves plugins? Say ones that you've demoed, but haven't bought.
Is the only way to uninstall everything and reinstall the ones you want to keep?

I once asked Waves and they told me I had to uninstall all of it and reinstall the ones I want to keep, so that's what I did.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

If you're on Windows you can go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V9 and there you see all installed plugins. They're all subfolders with the name of the plugin and .bundle added to the name.
Just delete the ones you don't need anymore.

Don't know about Mac, but I guess it's the same, only the location will be different.

plexuss wrote:
sugo wrote:
cprompt wrote:
sugo wrote:There is no such overbloated installroutine like the waves one. I will never buy plugins from waves, not for $1. Its really crap. Above all their glorious "waves-update-plan"...crap.
In your opinion. I've never had an issue installing their software (although yeah it's a bit fiddly in Reaper) and I've never paid for their update plan. But, each to his own.

Still, I'd love to buy some Waves plugins for $1, that would be pretty cool :D
Ok ok, yes, my opinion :hihi:
I also don't have these problems with Waves that others do. There are much worse companies out there in terms of install and update processes. And there are better ones. I don't mind Waves Central which is similar in a lot of ways to other companies that have these kinds of install apps. In fact, they are helpful because they help keep things organized better by keeping all their piugin installs and updates within an app rather than having me to have to run installers etc. Yes WUP is a money grab but oh well. as is their new transfer policy. but again there are worse examples out there too.

But that's just me. YMMV of course but I question the value of posting rants about it in that there is little to no value in posting opinions like that especially in product specific threads.
+1

Reefius wrote:

If you're on Windows you can go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V9 and there you see all installed plugins. They're all subfolders with the name of the plugin and .bundle added to the name.
Just delete the ones you don't need anymore.

Don't know about Mac, but I guess it's the same, only the location will be different.
Similar. When I've finished with a demo on mac, I move it back to the cloud in Waves central, and then remove the "bundle" file in the Applications\Waves\Plug-Ins V9 folder.

kmonkey wrote:
bmanic wrote: Waves Central is as it's always been, super bloated. It installs TONS of .dll files all over the place.. so yeah, nothing has changed there, unfortunately.
I'll pass then.

Too bad cause i hear good reviews but i really don't want that octopus in my computer. Two years (or was it more??) ago when they changed to that "improved" system i had legit bug and issues (they confirmed it back then) and when i installed that Waves something on my computer all my network activities where crippled. Apparently it was their new authorization system at work. I uninstalled and never looked back.

Why is it so hard for them to only release a plugin..
It beats being tied to a dongle, so glad they ditched it years ago for the new piracy protection.
As for your network activities go, sounds like an operator error or system configuration issue.
Their new system works flawlessly if you just follow directions, surprisingly hard for some people to do.

I thought this thread was about Scheps Omni Channel, not Waves Central. I must be confused :roll:

Does it compare to Hornet Channelstrip MK3?

Reefius wrote:I thought this thread was about Scheps Omni Channel, not Waves Central. I must be confused :roll:
I think you don`t get the one without the other :hug: And i think it is important to know what you have to install, to use this plugin. Whats the use to own the greatest plugin, but the install-routine compromise or crashes your system :borg:
But... it`s on you. Try to install it. Maybe you are one of those lucky ones and it will work. :hihi:
Seems to be a game of pure chance :pray:
Last edited by sugo on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ups double post

Reefius wrote:I thought this thread was about Scheps Omni Channel, not Waves Central.
It´s about Scheps Central, the installation manager meticulously modeled after one of the industries most iconic and sought-after hardware devices.

Return to “Effects”