Channel Strip VST?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you're in the market for a controller-thingie, I can't recommend the Softube Console 1 enough. It sound's great and the usability with the controller is pretty close to the real thing. The API extension channel is also available as a VST and I'm pretty sure, Softube is working on more VSTs of the Console 1 emulations.

jochicago wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:34 pm +1 for the Scheps Omni. Inclusion of de-esser is not typical on strips. The design is flawless, with all controls visible and additional settings can be brought up for finer detail on each module. Tremendous versatility, with mid/side modes for every module, triple compressor algo, dry/wet mix + internal/external side chain. And you can drop another Waves plugin anywhere in the chain.

Most importantly, the sound is perfect. It is not trying to be a console emulator, it is not trying to color anything. There's a hint of color in each module, but mostly it is transparent and lightweight across the board, even down to the FET compressor.
The Scheps Omni is a great plugin, very well thought out. I also like the MixHub and it’s use of the buckets.

Mind you I’m also a fan of the Brainworx strips and their TMT modelling.

Sonimus just released their Satson Channel strip. It works really well for me.

DeathByGuitar wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:08 am Sonimus just released their Satson Channel strip. It works really well for me.
This one is now my go-to. I have many others that have been mentioned here, but the Sonimus wins for me.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

There was some other thread about channel strips that was filled with useful info..

My go to channel is ultrachannel and neutron 2. Though satson is very tempting.

Softube American Class A and SSL xl 9000 for console 1 are both great.

vladimireti wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:39 pm Softube American Class A and SSL xl 9000 for console 1 are both great.
I picked up Console 1 today and I've been really impressed with the SSL-E channel and DAW integration. And I've just been sent the free British Class A channel from the Softube promo...to add to the American Class A I already had. Lovely stuff. :phones:

The bx_console SSL E & G has been on a 24hr flash sale this weekend. I think the G is still up for grabs, not sure about the E though.

Currently in love with bx SSL E.

simon.a.billington wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:37 pm The bx_console SSL E & G has been on a 24hr flash sale this weekend. I think the G is still up for grabs, not sure about the E though.
I got a coupon in the mail for SSL G which brought it to $49 USD which is pretty rad. I jumped on it. Still havn't really tested it out much but I like the SSL sound so I'll no doubt be happy with it.
:borg:

Last edited by s28 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Softube is banned because of the Gobbler - luckily plenty of other brilliant and affordable options in the market. The latest one: Waves CLA.

Harry_HH wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:04 am Softube is banned because of the Gobbler - luckily plenty of other brilliant and affordable options in the market. The latest one: Waves CLA.
Not sure if it's still true, but used to be you could download the Software installers even though they were using Gobbler at the time.
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:19 am
Harry_HH wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:04 am Softube is banned because of the Gobbler - luckily plenty of other brilliant and affordable options in the market. The latest one: Waves CLA.
Not sure if it's still true, but used to be you could download the Software installers even though they were using Gobbler at the time.
I’m not talking about the Göbbels installer, but their perverse desire to get your iLok password.

Yeah that is quite awesome actually. Well, on the service it’s just another channel strip, a very nice sounding one at that, though. It’s the use of the Buckets that really sets it apart and can speed up workflow immensely!!

That’s it’s biggest feature in my opinion, it facilitates fast workflow.

Return to “Effects”