ToneBoosters E.Q.4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TB Equalizer v4

Svama wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 6:22 pm
Melda is not the best example, at least TB plugin presets use a VST2 standard preset format which is the most compatible with hosts, and that shares preset info with the host so when you load one in a track it reports the preset name to the host and in good hosts you can also load the whole plugin list directly (eg in Bitwig they show in the browser, in Kore I can even import presets into Kore's database).

For what should I use the hosts plugin list if I have much better preset manager inside the plugin. I’m using just VST3.
Melda does nothing of the sort, its presets are completely invisible to hosts, in a proprietary format only Melda plugins can read, and loading presets involves extra clicks.
Preset management of Melda is massive.
Personally I can't stand the preset management in Melda plugins. It's like it's saying "OK, we're leaving the plugin now and doing some preset management".

You can do everything. Folders/categories, favourites, search for keywords and presets. Online preset exchange.

This no latency mode - this could be an issue only if I use the compressor part as well, right? Or is there a difference caused by this when I use only the filter/parametric eq features without compressing/expanding? (Or should I just shut up, return to my work, and null test it at the weekend?)

That's right.

Toneboosters update 1.2.6 CHANGELOG - May 24, 2019

Enhancer v1.0.1
Improved loudness management for presets
Undo/redo functionality
Various stability and performance improvements

Equalizer v4.1.5
Improved color scheme of VU meters
Reduction of plugin state size from 90kB to approximately 3 kB
Complete re-design of filter section control panel and filter selection menu
Various UX improvements
Undo/redo functionality

Morphit v1.3.4
Undo/redo functionality

Barricade v4.2.7
Undo/redo functionality

ReelBus v4.0.7
Undo/redo functionality

Reverb v4.1.4
Support for 7.1 channel configurations (VST3, AU, AAX)
Undo/redo functionality

Great update!

Last wish. Output metering

New enhancer is not like any traditional tool but the triple band control does miracles drum loops :-)

For me that's it, perfection :love:

I do miss the knobs for freq/Q/threshold etc... as I used them a lot, but I appreciate it was in order to make the widget smaller and I've gotten used to the new workflow pretty quickly.

Now all I need is tb_compressor v4 :love:

CHANGELOG - May 24, 2019

Equalizer v4.1.5
Various UX improvements
Undo/redo functionality
Nice updates, the new filter selection menu is MUCH better, and undo/redo are very welcome - thanks!

I have a few niggles and small FR's that I think would enhance EQ4 usability.

Zooming
1) When fully zoomed in, it's not possible to scroll the display vertically.

2) It's only possible to zoom in to a range of +/- 15dB. 95% of my eq moves are within +/- 6dB. Around 12dB max zoom (+/- 6dB) would be great.

3) When fully zoomed in, the analyser is zoomed and clipped to the display area. Personally, I don't see the point of zooming the analyser display, it would be preferable to only zoom the EQ curve, or make it an option.

4) It would be handy to be able to zoom the display uniformly using the mouse-wheel on the zoom/scroll control

5) Horizontal zoom of the analyser would be nice to have

Snapping
1) When dragging a node, it snaps back to 0dB at around +/- 1.5dB (without holding shift). Would be nice if this could be reduced to around 0.5dB

Analyser
1) Options to see Pre, Post, and side-chain analyser display would be really useful

Cheers
NBIAR

neverbeeninariot wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:29 am
CHANGELOG - May 24, 2019

Equalizer v4.1.5
Various UX improvements
Undo/redo functionality
Nice updates, the new filter selection menu is MUCH better, and undo/redo are very welcome - thanks!

I have a few niggles and small FR's that I think would enhance EQ4 usability.

Zooming
1) When fully zoomed in, it's not possible to scroll the display vertically.

2) It's only possible to zoom in to a range of +/- 15dB. 95% of my eq moves are within +/- 6dB. Around 12dB max zoom (+/- 6dB) would be great.

3) When fully zoomed in, the analyser is zoomed and clipped to the display area. Personally, I don't see the point of zooming the analyser display, it would be preferable to only zoom the EQ curve, or make it an option.

4) It would be handy to be able to zoom the display uniformly using the mouse-wheel on the zoom/scroll control

5) Horizontal zoom of the analyser would be nice to have

Snapping
1) When dragging a node, it snaps back to 0dB at around +/- 1.5dB (without holding shift). Would be nice if this could be reduced to around 0.5dB

Analyser
1) Options to see Pre, Post, and side-chain analyser display would be really useful

Cheers
NBIAR
Nice suggestions! I would love to see the implementation of the 12 dB zoom range, less aggressive snapping, and the different analyzer options. Send them to Jeroen through TB's support feature if you haven't already.

Next update features by Jeroen:
More to come soon - improved fine-tune editing of threshold needles, improved resizing of the user interface, optional grid lines in the spectrum analyser, and more!

Svama wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:01 pm Next update features by Jeroen:
More to come soon - improved fine-tune editing of threshold needles, improved resizing of the user interface, optional grid lines in the spectrum analyser, and more!
We'll have a look at the features above as well. And there's quite a few people who want more colors (every section it's own color). We're experimenting a bit with a color selector per band to see how that pans out :-)

djeroen wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:39 pm We'll have a look at the features above as well. And there's quite a few people who want more colors (every section it's own color). We're experimenting a bit with a color selector per band to see how that pans out :-)
Awesome, thank you :)

I dropped you an email with my suggestions above, but good to see that you're frequenting the forum too; Another reason to support a great developer :tu:

Thanks Jeroen for joining here. :tu:

Return to “Effects”