ToneBoosters E.Q.4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TB Equalizer v4

Really nice improvements and suggestions here - but am I the only one who doesn't quite get how to just simply save a preset?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

You must save inside your daw preset management. Toneboosters can’t save presets, sadly. I also asked over and over again for a preset management.

Oh, that's a bummer - I had been hoping that it was just me being thick...

I figured out how to save banks though, so I guess the way to currently do it is to save the factory as a new bank, then overwrite what's there - but that means each bank is limited to the number of presets the factory contains.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Butwug wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 7:05 am Have noticed theres times when I click on a low shelf or high shelf, and it’ll reset to 0db. For instance, I’ll move the gain, go to a different band, move that one, then go back to shelf to adjust and it resets to 0. Anyone come across this problem?
Okay so I think I figured this out. I usually low/high shelf a small amount .5-1db so the node is close to 0. When I click nodes (left click) that are close to the default line/0db, they snap to 0. So it wasnt a problem with shelfs, just probably what the plugin does with nodes. Anyway to stop this auto reset? Usually move parameters on box anyways but the auto reset is a minor inconvenience at times, especially when I click on a node to select it and it’s close to 0.

At the moment I think you have to click it with the shift key or does it still happen?

Svama wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:22 am At the moment I think you have to click it with the shift key or does it still happen?
That stopped it from resetting! Would be nice if it didn't do it all tbh, but I can live with it, since I don't use it much except on master chain. Wonder if other's are like that it snaps to default or not.

:hyper: :tu: :hyper:
PLUG-IN INSTALLER 1.2.7 CHANGELOG
June 12, 2019 Admin Plug-ins, Updates

Equalizer v4.1.6
Scroll bar can now be used with mouse wheel
Scroll bar now supports fine edits (while holding the shift key)
Scroll bar can now be used for scrolling even with maximum zoom
Spectrum analyzer now has grid lines (can be disabled globally)
Dynamics section threshold slider now supports fine edits (while holding the shift key)
New control for each equalizer section to change the color of curves
New color theme (Starry night)
New drop-down menu to quickly resize the user interface or manually enter values upon double click
Improved increment/decrement filter order of filter selection menu
Snap to zero range is now dependent on zoom factor (smaller steps when zooming in)
Snap to zero can now be enabled / disabled for each program independently
Add lasso function to select and move several sections simultaneously
Delete key can now be used to remove equalizer sections
Various stability and performance improvements

Morphit v1.3.5
New headphone profiles: ATH M50, Bluedio T3 plus, T4, U plus
New drop-down to resize user interface quickly
New color theme (Starry night)
Lasso function to drag multiple customization sections simultaneously
Various stability and performance improvements

:D :party: :party: :tu: :tu: :) :)

This equalizer is getting better and better! Workflow with the latest one is extremely smooth compared to a lot of other, much more expensive EQs!

jens wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:48 am Really nice improvements and suggestions here - but am I the only one who doesn't quite get how to just simply save a preset?
In the burger menu there's the option to load and save preset banks.
In addition you can set the current set of programs as default presets when opening new instances. Lastly most host programs will also allow you to load and save presets. Ample of options :D

I need another eq like i need a hole in the head. But i have to say, TB make some good stuff!

andrei.tuduran wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:43 am :hyper: :tu: :hyper:
PLUG-IN INSTALLER 1.2.7 CHANGELOG
June 12, 2019 Admin Plug-ins, Updates

Equalizer v4.1.6

Delete key can now be used to remove equalizer sections

:tu: This was making me crazy!! : )

I would LOVE a way to save presets in a EQ4 folder. I do a lot of back and forth between ProTools and Reaper and it would be so much easier. I have completely replaced every instance of Waves C6 that my collaborator stuck on busses in his PTools sessions with my EQ4 when they came back to me and the difference is NOT subtle :) Aside from sounding better, EQ4 simply does much less harm to the unaffected audio than the C6 does. No contest.

Some issues I have with the new eq version:
Many skins aren’t usable anymore because of the new colouring and grid feature. I can’t read the values anymore on these skins by using brighter colours and the grid is hardly visible.
The only which really do the job is the new skin.

Persimmon is the one true skin colour ;)

Equalizer v4.1.7 is now out:

Improved visibility and contrast of various user interface elements
Double click in the lower-left corner will now automatically initalize a high-pass filter
Double click in the upper-left corner will now automatically initialize a low-shelf filter
Double click in the lower-right corner will now automatically initialize a low-pass filter
Double click in the upper-right corner will now automatically initialize a high-shelf filter
Improved frequency resolution of integrated spectrum analyzer
Higher-order filters now apply auto make-up gain to the signal path if enabled
New spectral tilt filter added
Lasso can now convey mouse wheel movement to all selected sections
Improvement in GUI drawing performance for dynamic sections

Wow, you are really on a roll as of late! :hail:

Return to “Effects”