ToneBoosters E.Q.4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TB Equalizer v4

Tp3 wrote:Is there a way to keep the interface size permanent ?
I think only by saving a preset for it in your DAW, same with the themes.
Not being able to save settings internally, is probably my one recurring complaint
about the TB product line.

Not a deal breaker of course.

Michael L wrote:^^^ Even if we think only about price: EQv3 in Track Essentials 3 (€20), FIX EQ in BusTools 3(€40), and EQv4 (€30) each have unique features. Most FRs are only asking to include features from the other EQs into EQ4 :shrug:
I think slope adjustment on every band is game changer and every 2018 EQ I would buy should have it, I don't care about half of bells&whistles Pro Q or whatever new thing got, spectrum matching and whatever, this thing ensures me to have just the curve I want for the given thing, I don't need to have 10 EQ's just because they have different curves or 3 variation of stock surgical one, just one flexible EQ is enough for me, YMMV.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Just briefly demoed this. Don't need it but damn, it's so good i may end up buying it anyway.

One little thing that irked me though, it seems the purely numeric values (attack, release, output gain etc) all adjust in the L-R direction but not in U-D direction. This feels awkward since I'd intuitively drag the value up to increase it.

I feel like this version takes a step back in usability compared to version 3 which I thought was close to perfect. I hope gridlines will be added in an update as well as nodes that will magnetically snap when near 0db like V3 had. I REALLY wish the colors would come back but I don't see that happening given the TB V4 asthetic.

I also think the orange line at 0db should be shown by default to indicate where to grab if you don't wanna grab one of the 4 default nodes.

Hey!

1. Why the latency? Is there something "special" going on?
2. I think you missed the good old 18db high pass and low pass filters ;).

Cheers!

I like the new colour schemes, keeps it a little less busy. The interface scaling works beautifully and adding/removing bands works as expected. The autogain with visual feedback is good, if a bit strange on filters. The dynamics behaviour on filters is also odd, basically giving full-band compression.

The zoom/scroll bar is cool and quite innovative, but zooming is much more useful than scrolling and can be cumbersome. I'd like to be able to zoom in further for an effective range of +/- 6 dB for subtle stuff; the EQ feels a bit sensitive as-is.

And a lot of scrolling is needed for q adjustments which makes me miss the asymmetric bell even more! Proportional-q bands would also be good for this - and might work very nicely for dynamic de-resonating?

Can there be AI assist for something that is not 'pop' please?

DeathByGuitar wrote:I feel like this version takes a step back in usability compared to version 3 which I thought was close to perfect. I hope gridlines will be added in an update as well as nodes that will magnetically snap when near 0db like V3 had. I REALLY wish the colors would come back but I don't see that happening given the TB V4 asthetic.
Yeah, judging from a first test I also think that v3 is still better in usability, clearer and faster to use. Still my go to parametric EQ.
Might just take some time to get used to the new Ui...

I would also support a “coarser” behavior of the mouse wheel Q changing when used without a modifier. It’s a lot of wheel scrolling!

fese wrote:
I would also support a “coarser” behavior of the mouse wheel Q changing when used without a modifier. It’s a lot of wheel scrolling!
Word :)

- Mario

Seems like TB is finally unifying its GUIs in a really good and useful way. Big up! :tu:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

I see people mention controlling q with mouse wheel but I use a trackball. No wheel. Most eqs, I click alt or ctrl to control Q but that doesn't seem to work with E.Q.4 which slows down my workflow. I also echo the need to put musical pitches and frequency when you hover over an area.
Add optional grid.
Add ability to us analyzer for side chain.
Getting used to the dynamic part of it, sounds good so far.
Not sure if I like the AI yet. Can AI work off of a sidechain or a capture?

mutantdog wrote:Just briefly demoed this. Don't need it but damn, it's so good i may end up buying it anyway.

One little thing that irked me though, it seems the purely numeric values (attack, release, output gain etc) all adjust in the L-R direction but not in U-D direction. This feels awkward since I'd intuitively drag the value up to increase it.
In addition to this, fine adjustment of the knobs feels really choppy. If you move your mouse slowly it'll barely move, and then if you speed up the gain will jump 14 db. It's weird because fine adjustment when clicking on the nodes works exactly like I'd expect. It's also a little weird to have the modifier for fine adjustment be shift when dragging nodes but control when manipulating the knobs.
Last edited by Greenstorm33 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Is this a part of the 'track essential' pakage ?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Halonmusic wrote:Is this a part of the 'track essential' pakage ?
I believe 'track essentials' is @ v3. This is a v4 plug-in.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Effects”