Zynaptiq - Orange Vocoder 4 (2018)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Orange Vocoder AU

Shuffle34 wrote:I wonder if it will be really different from the Image-Line Vocoder...
For starters Zynaptiqs plugin will be VST3 as well as VST2, so side-chaining will be easier for the Cubase folks.

The thing that intrigues me the most are the ability to choose the different vocoder "engines".
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

This is great news! Orange Vocoder is still the best software vocoder I ever used even its as old as the hills! Soundwise the XILS one or stock vocoders can't compete at least in my ears. The only one I would compare soundwise is Vocodex from Image Line.

Kinh wrote:I agree with the above replies, their vocoder is too expensive as are many of their plugins. Also they dont tend to do sales as often as others.
Expensive is pretty subjective. For some it might, for others not. Very unique plugins, I think they worth it all the way as there no equal for them so far.

In my biased eyes, to fully compete with Vocodex, it also has to be a mixing/sound design tool. I could mix tracks entirely with Vocodex if forced to. It's a genius implementation. Oh, and it does robot voices pretty well too.

AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

So, the pricing is "TBA", i.e. to be announced. Knowing Zynaptiq, not less than $ 130 in any case, even as launching offer.
This means, you just have to be more creative with basic, free-of-charge vocoder.

What is Zynaptiq Copy Protection?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:What is Zynaptiq Copy Protection?
iLok

masterhiggins wrote:
electro wrote:anyone using the XILS 5000?
Yes. It's unstable as hell on my system as are all of XILS vsts.
They're running stable on Win 7 PC.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

I look forward to a demo.

Will be just amazing like anything Zynaptiq does. Their ZAP bundle is mind boggling.

Just curious does anyone use a vocoder for anything other than vocals?

Kinh wrote:Just curious does anyone use a vocoder for anything other than vocals?
Yes, drumloops for example. You can even get quite interesting results if the carrier and modulator signal are the same.

Carrier-modulator -technique can of course use for almost any two signals, which I have also done.

Harry_HH wrote:
ChamomileShark wrote:Good vocoders always seem relatively expensive whether software or hardware.
I think Live's vocoder is "good" - free for all Live users.
I'm not using Live anymore... I miss the Ableton Vocoder... something about the sound of it is pleasing.

Return to “Effects”