Plugin Alliance: PickPack any 10 Plugins, $29 per month, 29 months, Own Them

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No thanks for me. I'm either buying if the itch is veeeeery strong... or wait for a sale. Unfiltered Audio plugins, that is.

Gosh, when I look at what I've bought from PA and how much I paid (or didn't!), I can't complain:

Bassdude: $29*
Bluechorus: $9*
Greenscreamer $9*
Megadual: $29*
Megasingle $19*
Metal2: $9*
Rockrack V3: $4
Shredspread: $9*
Stereomaker: $4
Tuner: $0
Museq: $4
Engl E646: $4
Lindell 7X-500: $4
SPL EQ Rangers: $12*
SPL EQ Ranger Plus upgrade: $4
Indent: $0
Indent 2 upgrade: $4

(* pre-voucher)

That's about $153 I've actually spent, plus of course all the free ones they've given away. In fact, I would say that the vouchers saved me about $200 (not that I would've bought some of those plugins without those vouchers of course) So, while I mourn the loss of the $9 plugins, or the $29 plugins with a $25 voucher, I can't complain!
A bit fried in the higher freqs

systmu wrote:Wow RIP PA.
You can still purchase their plugs separately or you can do the PickPack, and they still give out monthly vouchers (albeit lower denominations in many cases) for a nice discount.
Plugin Alliance is not dead.
systmu wrote:DUDE PA is doing so well they just found another way to screw their customers. lol
They're not screwing over anyone. Ridiculous...

Besides, if you were only buying Plugin Alliance plugs whenever you could get them heavily discounted, you weren't really spending that much money there anyway.
systmu wrote:This is just another way for them to make money probably
Of course it's a way for them to make money...it's a business.

And there are some huge contradictions in what you're saying:
systmu wrote:The funny part is most people bought all these plugins they didn't even need because of the vouchers. Probably like %90 of them.
systmu wrote:This is just another way for them to make money probably cause they have a lot of plugins coming out and they don't want to give discounts any more.
vs.
systmu wrote:Big money grab.
systmu wrote:They are swimming in cash.
So which is it? Are they swimming in cash? Or did a majority of the plugins PA have sold were done so at discounted rates, and they're now looking for ways to make more money because they weren't making enough money with all the discounts people were using?
systmu wrote:Sad though PA was my favorite company. Not anymore though. Really sad.
What's sad is the way you and a few others are acting. As I said above: Plugin Alliance is a business. They sell plugins. You're upset because you won't get huge discounts all the time anymore? Give me a break, dude. It seems to me you were really only a fan of Plugin Alliance because you could get good plugins on the cheap. Well if that were to continue, Plugin Alliance would not be able to maintain and they wouldn't be making plugins in the future. If you want to see a company survive, you support the business, simple as that.

I get that people like getting discounts. Who doesn't? But if you have some nice fx from PA in your collection that you got cheaply, then PA treated you well and they deserve to make a little cash after customers taking advantage of their vouchers and sales for so long. It bugs me to see this kind of selfish, irrational response toward a company that has obviously spoiled a lot of people for a very long time.

In the end, I'll bet PA will do just fine despite the naysayers here.
Long live Plugin Alliance! :ud:

one friend.jpg
flog that dead horse
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

So I haven't read the prior replies yet. Just adding my thoughts finally after seeing the pick pack offer when it first landed.

At first I thought it was 10 months @ $29. And I was interested. Then noticed it was 29 months. Ah, hell no.

At 10 months and I get the remaining items I don't already have? That's right on the border of me saying yes vs no, as it gets me some pretty good plugs I'm still lacking for $29 each. I'd be inclined to bite. But since I don't do long term debt anymore, 10 months is not something I really want to commit to. Offer us loyal customers one plugin, a pick of any plugin, for $29 a month and I'd buy every month.

For now though, the current marketing changes have lost the compelling pricing they used to have for me.

Hope they keep trying.

yeah that's about right, 3 times more expensive than it should be.
That sounds like Plugin Alliance for sure.

Rational wrote:So I haven't read the prior replies yet. Just adding my thoughts finally after seeing the pick pack offer when it first landed.

At first I thought it was 10 months @ $29. And I was interested. Then noticed it was 29 months. Ah, hell no.

At 10 months and I get the remaining items I don't already have? That's right on the border of me saying yes vs no, as it gets me some pretty good plugs I'm still lacking for $29 each. I'd be inclined to bite. But since I don't do long term debt anymore, 10 months is not something I really want to commit to. Offer us loyal customers one plugin, a pick of any plugin, for $29 a month and I'd buy every month.

For now though, the current marketing changes have lost the compelling pricing they used to have for me.

Hope they keep trying.
My God man, 10 months would be an absolute no brainer.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

but you think about it, EVERYONE would have signed up for THAT deal.

as it is, i don't know a single person who would go for this, $84 a plugin or whatever it is.

I'll just tell my PA story because some of you might find it interesting: I started buying PA products in 2014, so not that long ago. First I was just buying them on sale at Audio Deluxe - most would go on sale at that time for $99, so $84 through Audio Deluxe. But then I discovered the PA custom bundle discount and so when plugins went on sale I would load up. And at the time you could add some $9 plugins to fill out the bundle and get the full 60% off the sale prices. I accumulated most of my plugins from them this way. Then the discount coupons came out and that furthered my collection at even cheaper prices. Now I find myself with everything except dearVR, the new EQ and delay. There also some freebies that are now paid, and some really inexpensive upgrade offers I took advantage of. I'd say I've paid on average between $40-60 per plugin. Those are reasonable prices to me. I don't make money from music (becuase you guys are cheap-asses :D :D ) I can justify those costs as part of my hobby. Everyone is going to have a different threshold of what they think is reasonable/worth it.

cprompt wrote:Gosh, when I look at what I've bought from PA and how much I paid (or didn't!), I can't complain:

Bassdude: $29*
Bluechorus: $9*
Greenscreamer $9*
Megadual: $29*
Megasingle $19*
Metal2: $9*
Rockrack V3: $4
Shredspread: $9*
Stereomaker: $4
Tuner: $0
Museq: $4
Engl E646: $4
Lindell 7X-500: $4
SPL EQ Rangers: $12*
SPL EQ Ranger Plus upgrade: $4
Indent: $0
Indent 2 upgrade: $4

(* pre-voucher)
This pretty much illustrates why they had to cut back the vouchers as they were basically giving plugins away for free.

It's rather funny how some people here whining and crying that they won't get any free plugins anymore. The sense of entitlement is just staggering. PA is a business and they do need to make money. They have no obligation to give away their products for free.

Of course, if they are not going to do any 9$, 19$ or 29$ sales anymore, they are probably going to hurt themselves at the current competitive market. But I'm sure the sales will continue, they just won't be as frequent. Either way I can live with it. There are couple plugins in their lineup that I still might pick up eventually if they are going for super cheap but nothing I want super badly.
No signature here!

I don't understand how people complain so much.
From a business point of view : if you really need these tools to deliver better products (I use a lot of them and to me their very good plugins) then paying them off at this price is a steal !

When you're a business you could write it off and in the mean time have a full set of tools available to make that $29 a month back.

I can only imagine plugin (on sale) collectors whine about this.

Who is complaining?

I don't understand how people on these kind of online forums always consider criticism/negative feedback of a Company/product they love "complaining" or even "whining". :shrug:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:Who is complaining?

I don't understand how people on these kind of online forums always consider criticism/negative feedback of a Company/product they love "complaining" or even "whining". :shrug:
Yep. Exactly. Just stating my thoughts on my threshold and how I value products vs the marketplace. Right now there's tons of other products. I own 70% of them already. So the value proposition keeps going down.

So I'm not complaining about it. Just stating my stance.

I do complain about other things though like how companies handle their customer service or how they fail to make things clear for the customer, etc.

In my case it Comes down to this:

1) I never really got the kind of insane discounts as cprompt did.

2) I never added a 10$ plugin more than once and I never understood why they allowed that.

3) I never understood why - instead of preventing that crazy loophole - they completely disabled
10$ deals from increasing the discount. This was often what pulled me over.

4) I regurly purchased plugins from them I neither needed nor would have ever purchased at a significantly higher price tag.

5) currently I rarely do, which is much rather their loss than mine.

6) I already have more plugins than I could ever really use even if I would reach 300 years of age.

7) I am just stating that here. I am not complaining. I don't really give a rat's arse. Their competition is huge - even a lot bigger than my insanely huge plugin folder.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Hahahahaha. Love that post Jens! Exactly!

Completely agree with you on #4-7. And why I've bought so much from others. E.g. deep discounts. Get rid of those and guess what? I stop buying.

#5 is where we stand now.

And #6 is one I should repeat to myself over and over again as it's true.

So once again, it comes down to the price being compelling enough to get me to spend. Other companies should figure it out. It's not hard. It comes down to value per dollar.

If they're looking for a good deal to offer, copy Audible.com. $22 a month get's me two new audio books every month. I keep them forever. I can turn it off when I'm disinterested or short on funds and can start it up merely by logging into my account and flipping it back on. My library is there for me forever and I love the deal.

As all these plugins age and companies offer more and more of the same stuff we already all have, they'll need to wake up to the fact that the only way to make money will be to either innovate well and charge or release me too stuff over and over and offer an audible.com monthly style plan where we can keep our items in exchange for the monthly fee. Simple.

Return to “Effects”