Best Neve preamp/eq vst?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have Burnley 73 and it is my go-to analog drive/saturation device. I have no idea what a real Neve sounds like, but this plugin can almost do no wrong. Broad musical sounding high shelf; mic/line preamp is great; low CPU. Some people don't like the concentric knob approach, and I sometimes wish the low shelf wasn't fixed freq, but other than that I have no complaints.

I also use it with Britson for the Neve 1+2 punch.

I really liked the Burnley when I demoed it. The Slate combination of their FG-N + the 73 Pre sounds great together. The Black Rooster pre sounds excellent and has a high shelf, but misses the rest of the EQ. Acoustica Gold has a fantastic 1073 EQ and Preamp, but isn't quite a 1:1 emulation (at least on the preamp side). Then there's the IK version which is very, very aggressive, and while you may want that distortion on some sources, it can be too much a lot of the time. I never used any Waves versions. The good news is there's certainly no shortage of native options. If I were the OP, I'd probably just pick up the Burnley 73.

Before you buy anything try Airwindows BusColors4 (Lush mode) for free - thank me later! :tu:

christian f. wrote:Kush Audio Omega N !
I actually have no idea how it compares to real Neve, but daymn if it isnt smooth sounding one, just lovely.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

legendCNCD wrote:
christian f. wrote:Kush Audio Omega N !
I actually have no idea how it compares to real Neve, but daymn if it isnt smooth sounding one, just lovely.
+1

Wait a few days and there will be some (GREAT) news on this front.
Fernando (FMR)

from Kush Audio?

The Slate Digital VMR Neve stuff is very good

fmr wrote:Wait a few days and there will be some (GREAT) news on this front.
Ok I’ll hold on for that :?:

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote:
Klanghelm?
Nope
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
Vortifex wrote:
Klanghelm?
Nope
Crysonic?

:borg:

soulone82 wrote:
fmr wrote:
Vortifex wrote:
Klanghelm?
Nope
Crysonic?

:borg:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Fernando (FMR)

You signed an NDA? :lol:

Return to “Effects”