give me your advice on Acustica Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Your post is highly defamatory

jbarish wrote:Completely biased sales pitch. You should be charged for running an advertisement in this forum. And like most ads it's full of half truths and hyperbole that just "coincidently" favor AA. It's also the same retreading of AA excuses, 'It's not our fault out software doesn'r run more efficiently, it's either the CPU's not being powerful enough or it's your DAW". You don't hear any other manufacturer using these weak excuses. And that should tell you ALOT.
Hello jbarish, I hope that you are fine?

Allow me to reply to you.

"Completely biased sales pitch."
I did say that I am working for the company. I try not to be biased, but of course it is possible that I am. It is normal human nature to protect and value those who are close to you. Hence, I invited the original poster to judge by himself!

"You should be charged for running an advertisement in this forum."
That is for the admins here to decide. If they think that there was something wrong with my post they can act on it.

"And like most ads it's full of half truths and hyperbole that just "coincidently" favor AA."
Please, can you specify? I can state that you beat your wife every day (I am not stating it). But that means nothing unless I provide some facts.

"It's also the same retreading of AA excuses, 'It's not our fault out software doesn'r run more efficiently, it's either the CPU's not being powerful enough or it's your DAW. You don't hear any other manufacturer using these weak excuses. And that should tell you ALOT."

As explained, we do things differently and this brings a lot of challenges. When you are pushing the limits of a new tech, such challenges are inevitable. So if you don't like this, you are free to move over and chose another plug-in manufacturer that uses a different approach. As I already stated, you can do good music and good mixes even with the stock plug-ins in your DAW. Don't you think that you are wasting your own time and energy here? Is this worth it?

If I were you I would prefer to invest these into making music.

But if you would like to continue this conversation, please prove us with some reasonable arguments.

So for example I spoke about how we use FIR filters and not IIRs and the difference between these.

Here are some super basic facts on DSP that speak in my favour... From the 'The Scientist and Engineer's Guide to Digital Signal Processing':
"Digital filters can be implemented in two ways, by convolution (also called finite impulse response or FIR) and by recursion (also called infinite impulse response or IIR). Filters carried out by convolution can have far better performance than filters using recursion, but execute much more slowly."
http://www.dspguide.com/ch14/6.htm

Or another source, just for fun!
"FIR filters are more powerful than IIR filters, but also require more processing power and more work to set up the filters."
https://www.minidsp.com/applications/ds ... -filtering

And that is without taking into consideration the dynamic handling of those impulse responses and that in something as simple as Ruby we switch between 2500+ of them. I am not even going to dig into the complexity of what goes on behind our distortion in Crimson or in our Ebony plate.

In any case, this is why when manufacturers use such filters, they usually indicate this clearly and it even becomes part of their advertisement - for example the new Waves FIR Verb or the FIR mode in DMG's EQ.

And so how is that a half truth?

Or show us one manufacturer that does what we do in the way we do it? FIRs with Vectorial Volterra Kernels?

Yes, you can trace back the inspiration to our tech to Sintefex, and Focusrite had an attempt with their Liquid Channel, but we don't use dynamic convolution as they did and both of these products are a thing of the past.

I personally think that my post looks more credible than yours in which you call people "f**king idiots"?

I wish you good :tu:
----------------------------------------------------
Best regards,
Acustica Audio team
www.acustica-audio.com
VAT ID: IT-01254510116
Via Tortini 9, 26900, Lodi, LO, Italy.

jbarish wrote:Because anyone with a poor experience with your company and attempts to hold you accountable for your BS is "attacking" you. You're not a clown. You're a pathological liar, an asshole of a business owner and f**king idiot.
Your post is highly defamatory

jbarish wrote:Because anyone with a poor experience with your company and attempts to hold you accountable for your BS is "attacking" you. You're not a clown. You're a pathological liar, an asshole of a business owner and f**king idiot.
This post has been flagged by yours truly. You sir are fake news.

plexuss wrote:seach the Effects forum for two locked threads about AA. you will see the shilling, the doxing etc where they post personal information out of their customer database in public forums.
Doxxing is illegal and as such your post is subject to defamation without proof. So, link to the evidence, please.

sales@acusticaudio.net wrote: Here are some super basic facts on DSP that speak in my favour... From the 'The Scientist and Engineer's Guide to Digital Signal Processing':
"Digital filters can be implemented in two ways, by convolution (also called finite impulse response or FIR) and by recursion (also called infinite impulse response or IIR). Filters carried out by convolution can have far better performance than filters using recursion, but execute much more slowly."
Discussing DSP with customers. That's what's wrong with this field. Either they have to understand that stuff or you need a famous producer to endorse your products. When that doesn't help sometimes a shiny GUI might, sometimes it won't.

And that info does not even scratch the surface of the subject. Try explaining how you have implemented the volterra kernels, start from the basics, I don't know anything about the subject but I will listen :wink:
~stratum~

You guys are hilarious. Giancarlo recruits shills to defend AA in this thread because of the number of posters unhappy or displeased with AA. And rather than accept there's some work to be done on that front to improve, you instead spam the thread with pro-AA propaganda turning it into an essentially fake thread. Anything to avoid treating customers or potential customers better. I was only ever in this thread because I hoped things had changed but that was stupid of me. I would never spend any of my money with such a company and in my opinion it would be extremely foolish for anyone to. I just hope I don't lose my house for saying that. Everyone knows the best way to counter bad PR is to sue. LOL

P.S.- I not sure why you are so riled up though. I thought I was only bringing you more business!

P.S.P.S.- Maybe you'll pay me commission???
Last edited by jbarish on Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AudioGuy720 wrote:Doxxing is illegal and as such your post is subject to defamation without proof. So, link to the evidence, please.
Illegal? In what jurisdiction?

Doxxing is pretty unethical though. And, frankly, with the GDPR coming into force real soon now, it's a really good time for a company representative to get out of the habit of releasing personal data. Next time, the victim could well be in the EU and AA is unlikely to enjoy the attention.

Also, it's not hard to find the most recent thread in question and it makes it pretty obvious. So good luck in court on that one.
Last edited by Gamma-UT on Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jbarish wrote:You guys are hilarious. Giancarlo recruits shills to defend AA in this thread because of the number of posters unhappy or displeased with AA.
Nobody defends AA here other than themselves, and some people just hate them because they are trying hard to do something that doesn't improve the sound quality of the mix in a day and night way, and there are people who don't understand why the cpu usage is so high for so little added benefit obtained in return. But this is not a problem about AA, it's a more general problem about music-dsp business. Many people wouldn't be able to differentiate between guitar amp modellers either, but it's just none of them has yet needed to do strange optimizations causing problems here and there. Apparently this is cutting edge stuff with cutting edge problems, and you don't really need it either, so get over it. Like it or not stuff. Not really difficult to understand, isn't it.
~stratum~

hivkorn wrote:What a mess !
I don t expect this kind of reply when i created th topic ! I just wanted to know if the plugins are good !
what a mess?
so far you got exactly what you have asked for and some advertisement on the top of it :wink:

stratum wrote:
sales@acusticaudio.net wrote: Here are some super basic facts on DSP that speak in my favour... From the 'The Scientist and Engineer's Guide to Digital Signal Processing':
Discussing DSP with customers. That's what's wrong with this field. Either they have to understand that stuff or you need a famous producer to endorse your products. When that doesn't help sometimes a shiny GUI might, sometimes it won't.

And that info does not even scratch the surface of the subject. Try explaining how you have implemented the volterra kernels, start from the basics, I don't know anything about the subject but I will listen :wink:
:?

All right, this is my last reply on this topic because it's getting dumb. Just try out the product. I don't care about the behind the scenes stuff. Does it sound good? Is it beneficial to my workflow/mix quality? I don't like all AA plugins just as I don't like all hardware. So, when a new Acqua comes out I evaluate it and either uninstall it (which usually happens 70% of the time) or I buy it. Simple as that.
Gamma-UT wrote:Illegal? In what jurisdiction?

Doxxing is pretty unethical though. And, frankly, with the GDPR coming into force real soon now, it's a really good time for a company representative to get out of the habit of releasing personal data. Next time, the victim could well be in the EU and AA is unlikely to enjoy the attention.
The United States has cyber stalking laws and doxing is covered in it. Here's a link to more information: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=is+doxxing+illegal
Last edited by AudioGuy720 on Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delete : I just don't care...
Last edited by DJErmac on Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

AudioGuy720 wrote: All right, this is my last reply on this topic because it's getting dumb. Just try out the product. I don't care about the behind the scenes stuff. Does it sound good? Is it beneficial to my workflow/mix quality? I don't like all AA plugins just as I don't like all hardware. So, when a new Acqua comes out I evaluate it and either uninstall it (which usually happens 70% of the time) or I buy it. Simple as that.
If your track is good then I'm sure it sounds good with anything. A plugin might improve it, some people would be able to hear the difference, and some will not. As the number of hobbyists are increasing, the second is more likely to occur nowadays. Then it is necessary to call the famous artist with sunglasses (TM) to do some endorsement. General business problem, I would say. Nothing particular about AA plugins.
~stratum~

stratum wrote:

I wish I didn't have to do this. You are right - most people prefer to use the software and not dig into the nitty-gritty stuff. But I personally want to know more as I feel it makes me a better engineer when I understand my tools better and I can take a more informed decision. If you are serious about knowing more about it I can PM you some videos, etc.

Of course, I can understand if people don't care about these details...

The reason why I pickup on the subject in the first place is that it is indeed one of the reasons for the higher CPU load, which was discussed lambasted here. We admit this, we don't hide. But we will never change the tech as we believe that it brings value. And you may think I am just giving you bull here, but I am 100% sure that this is the thing that makes our sales go up all the time! It is what makes us unique and what makes our stuff sound the way it does. And as I explained, it is becoming less and less of an issue.

You say in a post below that what we do brings in a minor difference. May I ask if you think that the difference between plug-in emulations and HW is minor? I won't judge you! But I am one of those who still thinks that the difference in many cases is substantial. Yet again, I agree that you can mix with any tools nowadays, they are all good enough!

By the way, as you bring up the topic of involving famous producers, etc. We are working on this. And BTW a few weeks ago I did a presentation for the Music Producers Guild here in the UK and people just loved the sound of what we do. There were a few Grammies owned among those in the audience and a few big name mastering engineers. And after the event I got many positive emails saying thanks. Upon trying our stuff, yes, people did experience issues on computers from 2012. But they simply said, oh, well, I'll use it for mastering only or print the tracks as if it is HW... One guys actually said, I am getting a new PC (sure people here can quote me and say I am a liar...). I was very open and honest about the pluses and minuses and so all I saw is understanding.

And do you know what? I am not afraid to show my face here. Check me out: http://www.georgievsound.com
I hope it won't be seen as advertisement. What I am saying is that all of my life I have been dedicated to get that little extra on top that bring the best possible sound to music and I am honest in my OPINION that what we do is special when it comes to the SOUND. I use our stuff to mix my own project and my own compositions and it makes me happy with the results I can achieve.

Cheers,
Nik Georgiev
Best regards,
Acustica Audio team
www.acustica-audio.com
VAT ID: IT-01254510116
Via Tortini 9, 26900, Lodi, LO, Italy.

AudioGuy720 wrote:The United States has cyber stalking laws and doxing is covered in it. Here's a link to more information: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=is+doxxing+illegal
Here's a handy little tip for online conversations. When you drop a snide Let Me Google That For You link, remember to check the SERPS first.

Second link, lawblog - http://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/2018/0 ... legal.html: "Trying to out white supremacists who participated in political violence? You might support it. But what about a person misidentified during those efforts? Or what about the other side using the same tactics to target opponents with harassment?

"Either way, doxing has remained, thus far, a largely legal activity. But that doesn't mean doxing can't stem from or lead to a crime."

Doxing by itself is not illegal. If it were, newspapers and TV stations would have trouble running anything. CNN's decision not to name HanAssholeSolo's real name (a story about which is the first link in the SERPS for me) had nothing to do with it being illegal.

Return to “Effects”