Free EQ550 from Overloud! (time limited)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a great freebie. Thanks Overloud :tu:

Give thanks to Overloud for offering this EQ plugin for free!

Redeeming the offer, downloading, installing, and activating the plugin has all proven to be very simple and straight forward!

Now, my understanding is that this plugin is an emulation of the vintage API 550 equalizer? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Now, I already have a Waves bundle that includes the API 550 EQ plugins. Does anyone have any experience with the offerings provided by both Overloud, Waves, or maybe even UAD? How do they all stack up with against one another?

Lastly, I've become so overburdened with all the different options for EQ plugins I now have available on my studio workstation.

What do you guys find the EQ550 offering by Overloud works best for?

Give thanks for your responses, and again thanks to the developers themselves! :wink:

addi wrote:Give thanks to Overloud for offering this EQ plugin for free!

Redeeming the offer, downloading, installing, and activating the plugin has all proven to be very simple and straight forward!

Now, my understanding is that this plugin is an emulation of the vintage API 550 equalizer? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Now, I already have a Waves bundle that includes the API 550 EQ plugins. Does anyone have any experience with the offerings provided by both Overloud, Waves, or maybe even UAD? How do they all stack up with against one another?

Lastly, I've become so overburdened with all the different options for EQ plugins I now have available on my studio workstation.

What do you guys find the EQ550 offering by Overloud works best for?

Give thanks for your responses, and again thanks to the developers themselves! :wink:
You get much of that information by reading this thread and the corresponding thread in the Gearslutz "New product alert" section.
Yes, there are several API 550 A/B emulations in the market. Overloud API is much more spicy than any other of the API emulations I know. The low freqeuncies are deep and sturdy both in the Waves and Overloud, but especially the mids/high mids are more sparkling and full of harmonics, especially when using the saturation. Some people may find it harsh. I find the Overloud really great and complementary to the others, but its not for every place. Personally I don´t care much what hardware the plugin is supposed to emulate - I use my ears, if it sounds good, it is good. And Overloud is good.

This sounds ace to me..
Thanks Overloud!

blyt wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:22 am This sounds ace to me..
Thanks Overloud!
Agreed, it's a great EQ. And for free! (well, if you snagged it back in March)

Oh wow, I downloaded this back in March and then totally forgot that I had it. I guess I should check it out now!

Return to “Effects”