Free EQ550 from Overloud! (time limited)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote:
crappy gui.png
The scratches on the gui are effin' terrible :dog:

Even if you wanted to add a little character scratch, here and there (Like, if you REALLY felt you needed to...), doing so to the extent that you obscure ui elements is just just plain dumb :scared:

Thing just looks ugly :shrug:

I love scratches and frequently become frustrated by the lack of scratches on my plugins. I really hope more developers implement them. However, I'm not convinced by the form and distribution of the scratches on this one. For instance, it just seems completely unrealistic to have lots of tiny dot shaped marks in the middle, in an area that is protected by knobs on all sides. OK, so the knobs are only virtual, but a GUI is all about telling a story, and those haphazard scratches show that they haven't established a clear narrative here. Also, I want my plugin to have a history, to have lived a little, to have been with more than one rack. So the areas around the screws should have circular marks and more scratches, and at least one of the screws should show signs of wear due to use of Pozidriv instead of Phillips and/or wrong screwdriver size. Overloud, if you're going to do it, at least put some effort into it.

skipscada wrote:I love scratches and frequently become frustrated by the lack of scratches on my plugins. I really hope more developers implement them. However, I'm not convinced by the form and distribution of the scratches on this one. For instance, it just seems completely unrealistic to have lots of tiny dot shaped marks in the middle, in an area that is protected by knobs on all sides. OK, so the knobs are only virtual, but a GUI is all about telling a story, and those haphazard scratches show that they haven't established a clear narrative here. Also, I want my plugin to have a history, to have lived a little, to have been with more than one rack. So the areas around the screws should have circular marks and more scratches, and at least one of the screws should show signs of wear due to use of Pozidriv instead of Phillips and/or wrong screwdriver size. Overloud, if you're going to do it, at least put some effort into it.
That the screws even match each other at all is highly suspicious. Furthermore I'd expect a dented corner and one of the knobs to fall off if you turn it too hard.

mutantdog wrote:
skipscada wrote:I love scratches and frequently become frustrated by the lack of scratches on my plugins. I really hope more developers implement them. However, I'm not convinced by the form and distribution of the scratches on this one. For instance, it just seems completely unrealistic to have lots of tiny dot shaped marks in the middle, in an area that is protected by knobs on all sides. OK, so the knobs are only virtual, but a GUI is all about telling a story, and those haphazard scratches show that they haven't established a clear narrative here. Also, I want my plugin to have a history, to have lived a little, to have been with more than one rack. So the areas around the screws should have circular marks and more scratches, and at least one of the screws should show signs of wear due to use of Pozidriv instead of Phillips and/or wrong screwdriver size. Overloud, if you're going to do it, at least put some effort into it.
That the screws even match each other at all is highly suspicious. Furthermore I'd expect a dented corner and one of the knobs to fall off if you turn it too hard.
For realism, a free plugin should have a burnt PCB that renders it useless.

^
Should come with virtual can of compressed air to clean scratchy pots too !
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Overloud listened and reworked the scratches.

I think it´s much better now!

Last edited by soulone82 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

How does this one compare with the Waves API 550?
I haven't had a chance to play with it yet...
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

jbraner wrote:How does this one compare with the Waves API 550?
I haven't had a chance to play with it yet...
Ergonomically I find a little cumbersome API knobs in computer use.
I don’t think Waves version has transformer emulation.
Only in workflow terms I prefer the Overloud one, haven’t compared them sonically.
But as I am infinitely grateful for their free gift, it would be great if they fully support mousewheel control. :party:

jbraner wrote:How does this one compare with the Waves API 550?
More scratches? Sorry! I'll get my coat! :oops: :oops:

soulone82 wrote:Overloud listened and reworked the scratches.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

it would be great if they fully support mousewheel control. :party:
Works fine on Win10
Amazon: why not use an alternative

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
FGS... :dog: I'd like to know what happens inside the designer's heads :roll: . I absolutely NEVER saw a piece of gear so badly treated (much omre one that is supposed to have been housed in a studio).

So, the stupid approach nowadays is either creating ugly flat, absolutely unrealistic GUIs, or equally stupid badly treated faking GUIs. How about creating a GUI that fakes knobs, but is otherwise good looking. We certainly don't need to be reminded about what happens when someone is careless and treats the gear like trash.
Fernando (FMR)

It's free of charge, isn't it strange? Simple logic guys, it's a used 2nd hand plugin by someone's else, thats why all the scratches on the gui, you haven't even seen what's inside the device, probably some fried up cockroaches by a broken tube bulbs. If you don't like scratches on your plugs then buy a fresh new one, simple as that...
Last edited by Wavetone on Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Needs some work, the text is still relatively legible in places.

Looks so analog now!
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Effects”