Tape Emulation roundup

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Abbey Road - J37 Tape

jens wrote:Straight to the point: I think he meant that the best digital tape emulation is objectively superior - as a tool - to a tape simulation that does not (more or less) perfectly emulate all the complex systematically intrinsic idiocracies of tape
so you're back to where you started, even though i've provided Sascha's quotes that pretty much say the exact opposite of what you just said.
jens wrote:and also objectively superior to no tape emulation at all (i.e. pure digital).
that you have pulled out of thin air. in fact, one of the other posters have taken issue with that, and Sascha have specifically addressed this point and said that he did not say this nor does he think so, yet you still claim he does.
jens wrote:I am not arguing for the sake fo it but because that - hand on heart - is how I interpret his posts and while I can not be perfectly sure (because they are ambigious, purposely or not) personally I am convinced that is what he meant. Unlike you I am not saying everyone interpreting it differently than me is wrong.
i've quoted you the exact wording and explained why i think i am correct in interpreting what he meant. you, on the other hand, did quote him, but did so in a way that removed much of the context in which he said what he said, thereby making your interpretation "quote mining".
jens wrote:As a sidenote: I really DO find you U-He followers seriously irritating (to say the least)and it is one thing that really puts me off (I am not saying this to stir the pot but because it is true).
well, it's a good thing that i've sold all u-he plugins then (Satin included).
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Yo guys. Let's argue. Ok?

Burillo wrote: so you're back to where you started, even though i've provided Sascha's quotes that pretty much say the exact opposite of what you just said.
[...]
that you have pulled out of thin air. in fact, one of the other posters have taken issue with that, and Sascha have specifically addressed this point and said that he did not say this nor does he think so, yet you still claim he does.
[...]
I've quoted you the exact wording and explained why i think i am correct in interpreting what he meant. you, on the other hand, did quote him, but did so in a way that removed much of the context in which he said what he said, thereby making your interpretation "quote mining".

We are really going round in circles here as I do not at all think you provided the kind of quote/proof you think you provided.
Personally I am convinced my language skills and reading comprehension ability greatly surpasses yours and you seem to think the same exactly the other way around, so there is absolutely no use in arguing this any further.

I will thus finish this useless argument with re-iterating that even though I think you completely failed at attempting to decode (i.e. comprehend) what has and what has not been explicitly expressed with written words here in this thread, I did not claim that your interpretation is without any doubt invalid. You however did exactly this in regards to mine - this I find extremely hilarious and ironic.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I swear I saw the horse's leg twitch a bit. You might want to hit it again.

I still like Steinbergs Magneto :)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

jens wrote:Personally I am convinced my language skills and reading comprehension ability greatly surpasses yours and you seem to think the same exactly the other way around, so there is absolutely no use in arguing this any further.
it doesn't matter what you or i think. my understanding happens to line up with what was said, while yours doesn't, unless you throw out half of it. that's the simple fact that you seem to miss, and keep insisting on this "well, you think this, i think that" nonsense. but whatever, this has gone on long enough.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

the way to properly stop this is for neither of you to reply to this thread again, not even if you suddenly think of something really cutting and incisive, or suddenly understand how to prove the other person wrong, or anything.

please try to resist the urge to get the last word in, and just let this miserable merry-go-'round come to a halt.

Like mentioned earlier @soundmodel.
CDSoundMaster R2R-FREE nebula, also works with Nebula 3 free.
Four free Programs for Nebula 
Revox B77 Tape
Sony TC-640 Tape
Tone Dial and Tube Preamp from a Wollensak 1515.
Not tape but, the demo of AlexB's Valve Tech Dynamics C2A seems to work with Nebula 3 free, sounds good to me. I might have to demo N4.

Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

The Noodlist wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:43 pm Chow Tape Model
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=390110&p=7624404#po ... ent7624404
Worth mentioning that it's free and that it's based on a very sophisticated approach to modelling the tape saturation / hysteresis aspect. I had the honor of discovering the plugin on GitHub after I initially found Jatin's (ChowDSP) great academic paper on the subject. The man is quite literally a Stanford lecturer!

Jatin immediately participated in the discussion and even bug-fixed the initial version in a matter of only a few hours. His approach to modelling is really based on science and an elaborate understanding of the underlying physical processes and I'm looking forward to his future plugin releases (commercial or free).

In fact, you will find some of his additional (experimental stage) plugins here and read the corresponding papers here.

GB Sound Lab (German Bou in the past) Tape Bus: https://gbsoundlab.com/tapebus/
Free plugin.

Given that it was made by devs from Spain the site is in Spanish by default, but at the top right, next to the Cart button, there's a flag you can change for English. The Manual also has Spanish and English versions.

And let's not forget about the Airwindows ones:
ToTape 5: www.airwindows.com/totape5/
FromTape: http://www.airwindows.com/fromtape/
IronOxide 5: http://www.airwindows.com/iron-oxide-5/
IronOxide Classic: http://www.airwindows.com/iron-oxide-classic/

I always go with Softube Tape on the master bus.

Black Rooster Magnetite at $19.99 is a great current deal...
https://audioplugin.deals/magnetite-by- ... ter-audio/

IK Tapes
UAD Ampex
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Return to “Effects”