Glitchmachines... opinions?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I love using Hysteresis for its relative simplicity, but you have to put in the time figuring out how you like to use the more complex plugins I think. They're not meant to be anything but harsh* and the sound demos on the website will show you that, but they're all powerful and complex, so if an interesting, deep noise machine is your thing, their sale prices are great value for money.

* though using very subtle settings can be very fun

I picked up Tactic last week. Its a really fun drum machine. I like all the randomising options. It may not appeal to less experimental artists, but I love it. Subtle to destruction :)

Convex

I think i know what aliasing is now, & i like it (at least in this case)!

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:04 pm I picked up Tactic last week. Its a really fun drum machine. I like all the randomising options. It may not appeal to less experimental artists, but I love it. Subtle to destruction :)
like it. cheers for heads up

Tactic looks very appealing. Will wait for a sale or some of the stuff I have in the marketplace sells before I buy it tho, but I could definitely find quite a few applications for it.

I like there stuff it's glitchy and lofi. Perfect for sample mangling.

If you're into making weird glitchy sounds I would recommend them. They really are useful if you use them on a sample, then resample the output.

You can Fracture XT and Convex both for $5 at plugin boutique right now :tu:

At 5$ each they are totally worth a purchase!
Noise Producer

Don't waste your money, pick up Unfiltered Audio stuff from plugin alliance instead. There is a good reason why Glitchmachines offer their stuff without licenses or copy protection.

tactile_coast wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:49 am Don't waste your money, pick up Unfiltered Audio stuff from plugin alliance instead. There is a good reason why Glitchmachines offer their stuff without licenses or copy protection.
I wasted my money and couldn't be happer. I also love Unfiltered Audio stuff. And what is the reason Glitchmachines offer their stuff without licenses or copy protection?

tactile_coast wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:49 am There is a good reason why Glitchmachines offer their stuff without licenses or copy protection.
I don't see it as a bad thing, actually it's a plus for me :wink:

Glitchmachines stuff is fantastic. Presets can show out of mind sounds but I find that dialing down the wet / dry or trying to start from simple works the best for my needs. UA is fantastic too.

tactile_coast wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:49 am Don't waste your money, pick up Unfiltered Audio stuff from plugin alliance instead. There is a good reason why Glitchmachines offer their stuff without licenses or copy protection.
I kind of agree, the glitchmachines stuff is fine if you get them really cheap (but don't forget that your time has value too) and you use them to stimulate thought. The problem is that they are hard to predict and so it's hard to dial in a particular sound you might have in mind (in that regard they are somewhat like specops -- though specops is easier to use).

Also, there are times where the options are slightly off -- for instance it would be really good to be able to tempo sync more of the parameters in FractureXT -- but as it is you can't and so it renders itself less useable than it otherwise might be.

I think part of the reason specops ends up being easier to use is that if all else fails you can time sync stuff, and rhythmic sense is fairly central.

I wish someone would make a more in-depth review of Tactic. Looks nice but im not really sure its what im looking for.

Lerian wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:23 pm I wish someone would make a more in-depth review of Tactic. Looks nice but im not really sure its what im looking for.
Unless the modulation is an order of magnitude better than on their previous effects and instruments I'd avoid it.

Im happy with Tactic, seems open to creative mucking around. If they just make the max sample size much bigger it will be great
EDIT - i asked support and they are looking to see if they can increase sample size - what an excellent bunch!

Polygon 2 is on sale for $10 at pluginboutique. Resistance is futile. :borg:
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

Return to “Effects”