RELATED
PRODUCTS
OhmBoyz

OHMFORCE IS BACK?!
Just take my money! :hihi:

:party:

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote:OHMFORCE IS BACK?!
Just take my money! :hihi:

:party:

/C
+1
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

What put me off me a bit about Ohmboyz was that you couldn't properly set dry / wet (use as send FX)

viewtopic.php?p=4032979#p4032979

Has this changed in the new one ?

I very nearly bought this the other day but then just bought OhmBoyz instead, $99 is a bit too much to ask for an unfinished product that has quite a vague description. I mean yeah they’re edgey with the UI’s that are in the other plugs but this just seems unfinished, also my questions were completely ignored on their twitter, to me that’s not great customer service

iosys wrote:I very nearly bought this the other day but then just bought OhmBoyz instead, $99 is a bit too much to ask for an unfinished product that has quite a vague description. I mean yeah they’re edgey with the UI’s that are in the other plugs but this just seems unfinished, also my questions were completely ignored on their twitter, to me that’s not great customer service
It is unfinished. It's still in beta.

Russell Grand wrote:It is unfinished. It's still in beta.
So to me this is not worth the $99, I don’t want to spend that much on something that the developers themselves admit has bugs

iosys wrote:
Russell Grand wrote:It is unfinished. It's still in beta.
So to me this is not worth the $99, I don’t want to spend that much on something that the developers themselves admit has bugs
Fair enough, iosys. :D

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
JerGoertz wrote:Yikes, I have strong nostalgic love for the Ohmies, but $99 for a delay is way out of line for today's market. Probably going to pass.
It will cost more by the time it gets to market :shrug: It looks like they're pitching it as a whole new product, rather than Ohmboyz 2

And it looks like they might have booted preset morphing :scared:
Yes, it's too bad. It seems like Ohmforce is stuck in the past in a number of ways. I picked up Sandman Pro for less than what they're charging for this new delay.
A well-behaved signature.

it looks great and the demos sound good but $115.00US for a beta?

there are many other delays that are in the same price range though.

will still consider it.

looks like an alternative to Bloom. if it's less buggy and cpu hungry, I'll be a taker.

Beta version / Overpriced / Boring demo tracks / Excellent existing competing products / Creepy artwork
= no thankyou

Oh, I didn't know that Ohmboyz is still in business. I bought this Ohmboyz Delay in 2007 :hihi:
I have only listened to the demos and viewed the Youtube videos. I don't know, maybe they are a bit late with such a delay? It's not released yet, no public beta version.. early access for 99€ for something like a "alpha" version. Hmm... :shrug:

To me it looks fantastic.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I always wondered what that running gag was about, that you can't mention the company's name.

After Melda has "reinvented" the delay with their latest offering it's a though sell. :shrug:

Though I'm glad that Ohmforce is back in action. Their plugins are among the oldest I have in my setup and they have made it back with every reinstall. I still use them all the time and Ohmboyz is still one of my favorite delays.

I will probably skip this new delay because I'm not sure I can justify buying it at that price with Replica XT, Ohmboyz and Sandman Pro in my arsenal, not to mention several lesser delays. But I hope they will upgrade their existing plugins. I would gladly pay a small sum for upgraded GUI and maybe some feature tweaks.
No signature here!

Return to “Effects”