Ohmboyz Infinity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OhmBoyz

Red_Force wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:35 am The dry knob is because some people use delays only as send and other only as insert.
I like having it, and I cannot see it as a hindrance.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

fceramic wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:53 pm It's extremely buggy on the latest OSX and Macbook Pro. Takes forever to load and even close the GUI, it temporarily loads with 100% feedback causing crazy loudness and then it often ends up crashing. Ohm Force used to make fairly stable plugins, so this is disappointing.
Other Ohm Force plugin won't even install on mac.
Hello fceramic,

The slow opening is a known issue and will be fixed for release. TBF it's only the first opening of a session.
We make "fairly stable plugins" out of testing and fixing. This current phase is precisely about finding new bugs (it runs stable in our home so we need to find out in others). So by all means do tell us about your bugs: support at ohmforce.com. Please include your DAW, version and DAW crash logs if they're is any.
Other Ohm Force plugin do install on mac with the manual installers we currently provide on email request to registered users (same address). It's going to be available soon enough in the product area of our website.

leeleema wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:40 pm
JoaquinAce wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:22 pm I was interested in this when they announced it, then recently Cubase came out with its multi-tap delay which has insane modulation and fx per tap. I'm interested to see if Infinity will be able to top it.
Exactly this. I mean, a modulatable delay? Perhaps something to get excited about when it was announced many years ago but they've probably missed the boat and pee'd of a significant proportion of their fanbase too, in the intervening years. I don't know whether ohmforce are aware but it's highly competitive out there in plug-in development land and there's quite a few stonking delays already available. As a user base, we're actually spoilt for choice.
Steinberg's multitap delay certainly is very feature-rich for a build in FX. The main difference is the modulation. In Ohmboyz Infinity you can modulate just about every parameter, including one modulation by another. You also have some highly controllable modulations, up to a step sequencer, and several ways under the sun to alter them through randomization.

The other big difference is in the absence of browsing+Macros² experience. In Infinity each preset is documented and has four big fat knobs doing all sort of things to the preset parameters for both ease of use/browse and live action.

...it always instantly crash cubase pro 10 and reaper 6 ...are you going to fix it ?

VST working fine in Reaper 6, Win10 64bit.
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

disaster under osx 10.12.6 VST and AU version instant crash

Crashes Nuendo 10 & Studio One 5 Pro instantly here.

Edit: on Catalina

Hmm... I just got an email that they're about to discontinue Ohmboyz, with an info about an upgrade option to Infinity...
But, it seems to be still in beta and very unstable... and there's no demo version.
I don't even know if Infinity makes any sense if you already have the usual delays like Echoboy, ReplikaXT?

I won't upgrade in the near feature, I see the upgrade price from Ohmboyz went up to 64€ (was 59 initially afair) and it isn't even out of beta yet, when reading the bug reports here.
They need to do a lot better to get the price they demand (from me).

hivkorn wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:50 pm ...it always instantly crash cubase pro 10 and reaper 6 ...are you going to fix it ?
We are if you help us! We need to replicate that bug here to solve it. support@ohmforce.com
Describe the crash precisely and send the crash dump.

dermage wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:26 am I won't upgrade in the near feature, I see the upgrade price from Ohmboyz went up to 64€ (was 59 initially afair) and it isn't even out of beta yet, when reading the bug reports here.
They need to do a lot better to get the price they demand (from me).
You're making no difference between an upgrade price for a yearly brush off with an upgrade to a complete redo after the first 20 years in a row support. We understand that one big step on a small staircase still is one big step. But realistically the price tag you're hoping for could not happen in what remains a niche market.

4damind wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:36 am I don't even know if Infinity makes any sense if you already have the usual delays like Echoboy, ReplikaXT?
Yes.

4damind wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:36 am Hmm... I just got an email that they're about to discontinue Ohmboyz, with an info about an upgrade option to Infinity...
But, it seems to be still in beta and very unstable... and there's no demo version.
I don't even know if Infinity makes any sense if you already have the usual delays like Echoboy, ReplikaXT?
As long as Infinity isn't in 1.0 Ohmboyz is supported. That's the point of that final stretch. Infinity runs fine on Cubase and Reaper here but it was expected to discover new bug on that last pre release. This is what this phase is all about.

Btw. On paper, the Cubase Multi Tap should at least sound similar, but it doesn't. The typical Simple LFO Delay (I don't know the exact name of the preset from Ohmboyz) sounds completely different/better. The Cubase MultiTap has loop and tap effects like Filter+Autopan but the result sounds different.

But with the Infinity, I would change something at the marketing and do it similar like U-he. A public beta would help to find more bugs and also motivate more people to buy the plugin at an early stage.

Installed latest Mac build on Catalina. Crashes upon GUI launch, Bitwig 3.2.7.

Return to “Effects”