Ohmboyz Infinity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OhmBoyz

The ALL-ALL bundle was one of my first ever plugin purchases. Almost 15 years ago. Time flies. Ohm Force were cool for having a 50% student discount when nobody else did. However, I have to agree about the current pricing. The product looks great, but to me the upgrade is overpriced by an order of magnitude. I'd like to support the Ohmies return to form, but can't get down with this new "premium" pricing. Real shame that another dev apparently insists on pricing themselves out of the market, but what do I know? :tu:

Good luck. :phones:

JerGoertz wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:44 pm Could someone who's got in on early access give their impressions of Infinity?

I.e., what's it comparable to, the sound quality, the variety and usefulness of modulation optidons, etc.
It’s not finished yet unfortunately.
I’d love to be able to tell you more but it crashes as soon as I touch a parameter.
Don’t buy it would be my advice, I have serious doubts about the company’s ethics. They seem to appear every 6 months, tell us its nearly done to get money and then vanish again. Buy from a reliable company.

It's like nowdays Ohmboyz have nothing to do with the cool guys back in the days.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

mladi wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:40 am It's like nowdays Ohmboyz have nothing to do with the cool guys back in the days.
or maybe those cool guys got uncool or were never really cool at all?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

We went for a pricing where prices rise during beta like most games do. You get it earlier, you pay less bc you help the product. It's written on the product page:
https://www.ohmforce.com/ViewProduct.do ... yzInfinity
" Early Access price will increase with each feature update until release"
The 99 is barred so you can see you're getting a reduction. 99 is the final price you should expect on release.

Also it's perfectly fine to wait for the stabilized build to buy at thatl price. We're clearly saying it's in the end of the beta, I posted here specifically to say that last update is indeed about ironing bugs from testers, so we're not pretending all is perfectly stable yet. It's just an option to get it cheaper now, and it's advertised as such.

We also do refund to unhappy campers way past the two weeks period - I can't remember us refusing one. The goal is to have people happy with the plugin. Clearly you guys didn't like the beta process and we sure fumbled on being way too late. We won't repeat that for other plugs. Open beta may be an idea though. We do need mass testing.

Red_Force wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:57 am We went for a pricing where prices rise during beta like most games do. You get it earlier, you pay less bc you help the product. It's written on the product page:
https://www.ohmforce.com/ViewProduct.do ... yzInfinity
" Early Access price will increase with each feature update until release"
The 99 is barred so you can see you're getting a reduction. 99 is the final price you should expect on release.

Also it's perfectly fine to wait for the stabilized build to buy at thatl price. We're clearly saying it's in the end of the beta, I posted here specifically to say that last update is indeed about ironing bugs from testers, so we're not pretending all is perfectly stable yet. It's just an option to get it cheaper now, and it's advertised as such.

We also do refund to unhappy campers way past the two weeks period - I can't remember us refusing one. The goal is to have people happy with the plugin. Clearly you guys didn't like the beta process and we sure fumbled on being way too late. We won't repeat that for other plugs. Open beta may be an idea though. We do need mass testing.
Sounds to be like your communication has been severely lacking as well.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

i like it. i like the way it sounds and the modulation. it's a nice processor. no regrets here and i've had it since it was first announced. Would i have liked it out of beta sooner? sure but whatever.. not a big deal in the scheme of things. i trust them to deliver it when it's done. it's a very useful tool for me. I'm looking forward to whatever they do next.

Red_Force wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:57 am Also it's perfectly fine to wait for the stabilized build to buy at thatl price. We're clearly saying it's in the end of the beta, I posted here specifically to say that last update is indeed about ironing bugs from testers, so we're not pretending all is perfectly stable yet. It's just an option to get it cheaper now, and it's advertised as such.

After your initial announcement, I really wanted to like the plugin. Feature list straight from delay plugin heaven, fancy GUI and a cool developer from the past that seemed worthwhile supporting. If all was well, I´d even be ok with the relatively high price.

But after more than 2 years after the initial announcement, it´s at a price of 89€ with users still reporting hard crashes. I will indeed wait for a stable final version. You´re right that everyone´s got the right to wait, but shouldn´t you ask instead *why* I am so wary instead of saying: "Hey, I know these guys from the past, I´ll give them my money upfront because they´ll do a good job"?

You basically came here, announced the whole deal, and when paying customers (the disadvantage of your approach, not just "free beta testers"...) started complaining about bugs and apparent non-progress... silence. Even though you´ve got a long history, this plugin´s history and this thread don´t give me extra confidence.

A €10 reduction for an apparently unstable plugin and no guarantee for the long run is just not a great deal to me. I´m used to companies being grateful for my testing efforts, not expecting me to pay upfront to be "allowed" to betatest. Beta testing is a service I do for you, not the other way round. Therefore, more often than not, such early versions are *free to use* and time limited with rewards for testers who do a good bug hunting job. And that may just be a smarter way to harvest a lot of testing feedback without leaving a trail of frustrated upfront-paying customers.

Hi Epiphenia,

The reason I am not asking why is that you guys have been pretty clear about it and again, message received. We won't do that format again, that part didn't go well for several reasons, some being very real shortcomings on our side (unforcasted production delays) and some being the format itself not being hugely popular with the community (although we did have quite a few happy campers). BTW feel free to expand on what you like best for the next release. We sure are reading. Someone suggested Open Beta next time. Thoughts vs private?

Hi ATS

It's true our communication has been lacking, and I apologized for that and will do it again as much as needed. That being said I was replying to someone saying we should have conveyed the info that the price would be rising by showing it's written on the product page from day 1. I think you'll agree that part wasn't on us after all :)

Red_Force wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:07 am It's true our communication has been lacking, and I apologized for that and will do it again as much as needed. That being said I was replying to someone saying we should have conveyed the info that the price would be rising by showing it's written on the product page from day 1. I think you'll agree that part wasn't on us after all :)
If you read again, I was saying that you didn't tell 'the Crossgrade price' would be rising. You just mentioned the "full" price over and over again would be rising. Also some dates, when the price will be rising should also be announced. That is communication too, and although you promised it, you didn't do better communication after the promise.
Of course, this is my perception and others might see it differently. I'm comparing this to your competition, and it's the usual practice to do it like that (announce prise rises with dates, when it will happen. eg. when a sale will end).

Oh ok. Upgrade are only visible once logged in and not on product's page. We announce the raise to upgrade by email but not everyone get them at the same time, process is pretty slow nowadays. I repeated it each time it looked relevant but I can see how this was still uncomplete coverage.

I'm not subscribed to your newsletter, and on the page there's no indication about the crossgrade price. Anyway, it's ok for me now, I'll not buy it now anyway and will wait for some user experiences / reviews etc about it being stable and usable.

There are some things which turned me off from buying, and it's not the price rise alone, but the communication / business model / state of the software (e.g. crashes, unstable). I'll come back when I see the product is mature and possible to use in a critical production scenario.

I'm on the mailing list and have received nothing from Ohmforce about upgrade pricing going up.

it was on the very beggining

i want to be refund it is possible ?

Return to “Effects”