Ohmboyz Infinity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OhmBoyz

Thanks for chiming in!
Red_Force wrote: About pricing: we tend to compare to plugin like Replika XT, Timeless 2, Relayer and... good ol' Ohmboyz. This one is €69 and Ohmboyz Infinity, a complete redo, is already vastly better. The other plugins in the list range from €99 to €129 and Ohmboyz Infinity has arguabily the same level of feature right now. Our take is that by the end of early access, Ohmboyz Infinity will compete as Delay King in your hearts. That being said we do listen to your feedback. You can see the (rather theoric) process by which we picked a price but what you guys think on the first glance matters. Would you pay €99 for Ohmboyz Infinity if you were confident you'll get on of the best delay ever for that price, or is €99 too much for a delay no matter what?
If this was my first "big" delay plugin, I´d say $99 might be an ok price. However, I read "...a bit late... many capable contenders..." quite a few times in this thread, and that´s also my main issue.

I do own Relayer, Late Replies, Replika XT, Echoboy, Timeless, Dubstation, umm... all in all, about 15 delays. And I guess I´m not alone with that.

If you want to tempt people like me to buy yet another delay, why not offer some "we´ll win you over special crossgrade from competitors´ products"-price.... For every 3rd party paid delay plugin one owns, 5% discount (with a maximum of 40%)?
Red_Force wrote: About Early AccessWe OTOH are an 18 yo company with a good track records here. Now we agree there has been some abuse on the system and that's why we announce we want to wrap the released version on a sensible timespan (Q4 2018). Still, the idea of an open beta has a lot of appeal to us. There's the feedback but also the funding. We can release a product but with more early funding we can make a better product. We think it's a healthy system that benefits everyone: you guys get a better price, we all get a better product, and on our side it's more rewarding
You´ve got a good track record from the past, and I won´t suspect you take the money of maybe 4-500 preorders to retire on the Bahamas (that money wouldn´t get you very far :hihi: ), I´ll trust you to work hard. But what if the thing never delivers what *I* expect it to? Or doesn´t work well on my system? I mean, for example, Ohmicide is a killer distortion, but it regularly crashes my Logic Pro X or spurts out ear-punishing noise (I mean the unintended kind of noise)...

... and again, the price comes into play. Would I be willing to gamble 50$ for a product which I haven´t tried and tested (no demo!)? Possibly, because I trust you guys will do your best. Would I be willing to gamble 100$ for that product especially if there´s tons of overlap with other plugins I own, which back then cost roughly the same money or less, but which I could test thoroughly before buying them?
Red_Force wrote: It's already more a multi fx than just a delay - already a reverb, a loop mangler and with enough funding through early access it will probably go up to being a filter bank as well.
May I say that this quote -to the cautious layman- sounds a bit like "We´ll develop it wholly only when enough pre-orders come in"...? I´m sure you didn´t mean it like that though.

soulone82 wrote:TL;DR but does Elton got mentioned yet?
Nope but if it's too long and you're in an helpful modd just answer the question in bold above, we'd greatly appreciate it =)

epiphaneia wrote:I do own Relayer, Late Replies, Replika XT, Echoboy, Timeless, Dubstation, umm... all in all, about 15 delays. And I guess I´m not alone with that.
I own less, but still a significant number, and with enough overlay that I'm on the verge of selling a few. Late Replies is the only one that keeps piquing my interest as it really does something none of the others do :shrug:

My 2 cents ...

The price needs to come down. Maybe $69. The market is saturated with great choices. Everyone here probably already has quite a few delays.

There also needs to be an attractive upgrade price, maybe around $39 - $49. At $39, I'd upgrade.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A lot of good points, thanks a lot.
May I say that this quote -to the cautious layman- sounds a bit like "We´ll develop it wholly only when enough pre-orders come in"...? I´m sure you didn´t mean it like that though.
I hear you. Now let's see how I can word this better.
As it is Ohmboyz Infinity is, feature wise, a contender for the best delays around.
There will be more for sure. Then there's also the matter of content, video tutorial, all those things that add value to the product. Here as well the we be more no matter what.
And there will be a complete reskin.
But it's also true that provided you guys do the early bird dance and invest in this, we can pay for talent to create for more presets. Presets are a great deal in Ohmboyz Infinity, because of the macros system. You can spend hours just having fun with one presets and its four macros. I already did, that's what you hear in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmXg5c2dHGE&t=14s

We think some users will mostly only use patch and Macros². We'd like them to have a lot of options. But there's a nearly linear production cost increase to create that content.

Also, there are possibilities to create more unique DSP. There's already a carfuly crafted pitch shifting but Replika is offering three different algorythm. Are you guys interested in having that options ? If funded, we can license some extra algorithm from a 3rd party to have it quickly etc.

So yes, the funding isn't indeed to go to the bahamas. Every money you give us in that phase is reinvested in the product. We do provide the main investment with other plugins sales, but we're not bankers. Your money will make a difference.

Red_Force wrote:Hi all, Ohm fella here,

About pricing: we tend to compare to plugin like Replika XT, Timeless 2, Relayer and... good ol' Ohmboyz. This one is €69 and Ohmboyz Infinity, a complete redo, is already vastly better. The other plugins in the list range from €99 to €129 and Ohmboyz Infinity has arguabily the same level of feature right now. Our take is that by the end of early access, Ohmboyz Infinity will compete as Delay King in your hearts. That being said we do listen to your feedback. You can see the (rather theoric) process by which we picked a price but what you guys think on the first glance matters. Would you pay €99 for Ohmboyz Infinity if you were confident you'll get on of the best delay ever for that price, or is €99 too much for a delay no matter what?
The problem is not that 99€ is too high in itself but that just when one is already loaded with good delay plugins it becomes increasingly hard to justify buying a plugin at such price.

I have already Ohmboyz, Waves H-Delay, Sandman Pro, Replika XT and several other very good delays. The last two cost me 29$ and 25$ respectively and that was the maximum price I was willing to pay for each. That they were super cheap was the only reason I bought them.

Even though I have tried to keep only the absolute minimum plugins form each category (like EQ, Compressor, Reverb, Delay etc) my delay plugin folder has plenty. It's actually the category I have most plugins from. So there's a snowball's chance in hell I'll be buying another 99€ delay plugin.

If Infinity would be my first delay or one of the first, I would have no problem paying 99-129$. But as things stand currently, I can not see myself spending more than 29$ max if it's really good.

EDIT: I see several people above made the same point while I was typing this.
Last edited by robotmonkey on Fri May 25, 2018 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No signature here!

Red_Force wrote:We think some users will mostly only use patch and Macros².
Has Infinity ditched preset morphing?

Red_Force wrote:Hi all, Ohm fella here,

First apologies for not noticing this thread earlier, for some reason it wasn't appearing in my google patrols.

Second, a useful link:
https://blog.ohmforce.com/ohmboyz-infin ... ccess-faq/

Many questions here addressed there, including the reasons of the lack of demo.

About pricing: we tend to compare to plugin like Replika XT, Timeless 2, Relayer and... good ol' Ohmboyz. This one is €69 and Ohmboyz Infinity, a complete redo, is already vastly better. The other plugins in the list range from €99 to €129 and Ohmboyz Infinity has arguabily the same level of feature right now. Our take is that by the end of early access, Ohmboyz Infinity will compete as Delay King in your hearts. That being said we do listen to your feedback. You can see the (rather theoric) process by which we picked a price but what you guys think on the first glance matters. Would you pay €99 for Ohmboyz Infinity if you were confident you'll get on of the best delay ever for that price, or is €99 too much for a delay no matter what?

About Early Access: most video games doing that are fresh company with no or little history of delivering good products. We OTOH are an 18 yo company with a good track records here. Now we agree there has been some abuse on the system and that's why we announce we want to wrap the released version on a sensible timespan (Q4 2018). Still, the idea of an open beta has a lot of appeal to us. There's the feedback but also the funding. We can release a product but with more early funding we can make a better product. We think it's a healthy system that benefits everyone: you guys get a better price, we all get a better product, and on our side it's more rewarding

To give you an idea of what we're aiming at, it's a plugin that should have no rival for live action thanks to the Macros² system (check the trailer : most of it is done whith just one loop and four parameter moving over time). On the top of that you get roughly as much modulation as Timeless 2, roughly as much extra fx (more to come) than Relayer, and some UI inspiration from various sources. It's also one of the few delay that actually has tap. And of course tape emulation. It's already more a multi fx than just a delay - already a reverb, a loop mangler and with enough funding through early access it will probably go up to being a filter bank as well.
Hey Red Force,

Good to have you here! I've been a fan of Ohm Force pretty much ever since I started this computer music journey back in 2000. You guys offered some really quality, unique effects back then, and I still own pretty much your entire catalog and still use them (just was using OhmBoyz yesterday).

To answer your "big" question in bold. I already own 4 of the best delays ever (for me): Replika XT, EchoBoy, Sandman Pro, and Eventide Factory 3000. I would be hard-pressed to spend $116 on yet another one, even if it offers something the others don't (which it probably does). At the end of the day, it's about making music, and I already have more than enough "paintbrushes and paints" to keep me happy there (realistically) until I die. Getting yet another delay would be more about "this might be kinda fun" for me at this point, and the current price for Infinity isn't aligned with that for me.

My 2 cents.
A well-behaved signature.

Hey, Red Force, don't enter into price discussions on this forum, or you will be sorry. I cannot stress that enough.

Something more like the Audio Damage model might go down better. Top price for new buyers, but only $10 to upgrade from previous versions. €99 is way too much.

soulone82 wrote:TL;DR but does Elton got mentioned yet?
ha ha... :tu:
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

thecontrolcentre wrote:Something more like the Audio Damage model might go down better. Top price for new buyers, but only $10 to upgrade from previous versions. €99 is way too much.
For me, that goes too far in the other direction. I think 60-70% of the price would be acceptable to me, assuming I though the upgrade specifics, including the overall price, were worthy
Last edited by el-bo (formerly ebow) on Fri May 25, 2018 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Red_Force wrote:We think some users will mostly only use patch and Macros².
Has Infinity ditched preset morphing?
Macros² are like preset morphing but better. Way easier to actually use, to create content with, provide way better control. Melohman is super fun but time to create a metapatch was very high (12 presets that has to work well together, including keeping the same loudness) and while pretty controllable, it required a skill entry that was pretty high. Morphing was happening at constant speed, was going only one way, and couldn't easily be stopped at will.

This works much better. I am super happy with that feature. I really think that once you've tried it not having it on the rest of your plugs will feel frustrating. I know I am having fun!

even if it will be a good delay , the price is TOO high !
I have a lot of delay , wave , blue cat , sinevibes , soundtoys , softube , vengeance and your plugin but I will never paid 99 € for a single plugin , it is too much...But i will be waiting for a sale !

Return to “Effects”