Plugin Alliance Installation Manager SUCKS A**

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

first another f**king manager? man i hate those, what's up with just copying dlls? really f*ck that!

Edit:
i found the 32 bit and 64 bit option, but cant you program your sh*t properly and let isntall 32 bit and 64 bit in a row?

f*ck those installers, they are more clumsy than all those copy dlls and done! install manager + copy protection + internet connection + what else? do i have to call you each time i load your plugin? jeez, it sucks more and more
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

PA have a talent to annoy... :D

Yesterday's mail: "Last chance for May - Only 12 hours left! Save up to 75% off!"
Today's mail: "Summer sale - Let the deals begin!"

:roll:

Caine123 wrote:first another f**king manager? man i hate those, what's up with just copying dlls? really f*ck that!...

...jeez, it sucks more and more
Agree, Installation Managers are NOT Kung-Fu.

(yes, the Drunken Master is pretty much sh*tfaced by now)

this is kung fu!

DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:this is kung fu!

No that's a Installer Manager...

This is true Kung-Fu

I like the PA installation manager. it make updating all my PA plugins easy. Before this I'd have to download every single installer. No. The PA Installer works great for me. Sorry for your troubles. There are many use cases with software and it's usually impossible to make all of them equal in terms of usability. This is just a fact of software design. :phones:

worked fine for me. you can still download individual installers on their site for most plugins right?

the manager worked well for my needs though.. perhaps in time it will evolve as most of these things do. they only just came out w/it right? so i'm guessing they can add features as needed ay? why not email them and ask them to add what you need?

While I do agree that one should be able to download all the wanted stuff in one go (32bit and 64bit), the PA Install Manager is one of the very few good ones and is there ONLY to help the user (unlike some other managers that are there to collect data and whatnot.

Besides, you can always choose to use the individual installers otherwise. The install manager is completely optional.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Besides, you can always choose to use the individual installers otherwise. The install manager is completely optional.
Well that's not true for Unfiltered Audio SpecOps...not at least at the time I'm writing this.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... ecops.html

And no, there's no individual installers listed for SpecOps in my account either.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=491358&start=150#p7091123

I like it. Makes updating all of my products very simple.

yeah.. UA SpecOps and Zip aren't there as individual installers.. this is how i found out about the PA manager.

I will drop Plugin Alliance before i start using a manager.
and I love their plugins.
just not gonna happen.

I might pick up Spec Ops with my voucher, but just leave it in my account till they come to their senses.
just provide an installer. why mess people around like that?
Last edited by sqigls on Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Plugin Alliance Manager SUCKS A**

APE?

How shocking. :o
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I always download the individual installers from my PA account. Why force yourself to use a installation manager that you think sucks when you don't have to?! :D I install each individual plugin at the time of purchase. Installation is normally a one time thing, unless you change computer or something.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

it's the least obtrusive installer manager i've used. and it's quick.

Return to “Effects”