Waves V10 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LeVzi wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:
LeVzi wrote:Hi Yotam,

Good to see more is planned for V10, makes this upgrade worth it.

I have a question, you (Waves) have stated that you cannot run V9 and V10 of the same plugin on the same system, now I am stuck, as I have a single version of H Comp, which has no active WUP and the full H Series which does, so I have updated the H Series, which obviously has H Comp in it to V 10, but the H Comp single runs V9, so will it cause me issues ?

If so, how do I deal with this, as surely for compatibility reasons H Comp single should get to V10 as I own it fully in H Series. If I keep H Series up to date that should include the H Comp single i own.

Thanks for the help.
Why then would you install the single instance on that computer? Leave it on the cloud or another PC.
The single was there first, then I upgraded to the full H Series, so H Comp is still on the system. Is there a way to uninstall a single plugin ?

I just tried it for the record, and H Comp V10 loads and is only one that shows up in Cubase, so I guess you can have both installed.

Also, what about free plugins Waves have given away over time, I have a few freebies they gave away, do I need to get WUP for that ?
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: The single was there first, then I upgraded to the full H Series, so H Comp is still on the system. Is there a way to uninstall a single plugin ?

I just tried it for the record, and H Comp V10 loads and is only one that shows up in Cubase, so I guess you can have both installed.
I'm in the same boat multiple times. I bought a few singles then upgraded to the bundles meaning I had duplicates. The duplicates have remained on the cloud (or moved to other PCs) and the bundles are on the DAW.

There is absolutely zero point having both on your system so I'd even consider selling them.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

LeVzi wrote:Also, what about free plugins Waves have given away over time, I have a few freebies they gave away, do I need to get WUP for that ?
I can't answer that buy logic would say yes (rightly or wrongly).

YotamL wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:
zvenx wrote:I dont' like moving license around which is why all my elicenser stuff is bought twice for instance, and apart from waves I usually avoid plugins that dont' come with two activations.

I think you understand correctly but I am a not asking about purchasing as I think unless you guys moved to cloud licensing (I know you can store yours there but can't use it there afaik) I will still buy two.

My question was specifically however and my fault for not explaining it properly re: wup.
That is my current wup upgrade is $550 unless I tick I only use on one computer at a time.
Can I legitimately tick that?
rsp
Actually that stuff with moving licences so annoyed me i decided not to support any new plugins from waves, because when touring and you need a laptop you always have to take time to move those licence wich is time consuming...I think its really very bad aproach from waves towards the users :)
hmmm..It doesn't take time. Or much effort really...But to each his own I guess.
you can use a license key, (any standard HDD or Thumb drive), or use the cloud to transfer the licenses.
This policy may be change in the future. But currently this system is what we have.
I find it handy for my own use.. but maybe i'm used to it? i don't know
Theses things are subject to change but currently these are the terms and policies
Actually it really is annoying when you have to sometimes travel few weekends in a row to different countries/continents and to do same routine along with packing bags :)

Mushy Mushy wrote:
LeVzi wrote: The single was there first, then I upgraded to the full H Series, so H Comp is still on the system. Is there a way to uninstall a single plugin ?

I'm in the same boat multiple times. I bought a few singles then upgraded to the bundles meaning I had duplicates. The duplicates have remained on the cloud (or moved to other PCs) and the bundles are on the DAW.

There is absolutely zero point having both on your system so I'd even consider selling them.
It's only 1 I have tbh, and with transfer fees, and an out of date WUP, it's not worth it. Doesn't seem to be causing me any issues.

robosax wrote:Hi everyone,

I thought I'd give my experiences as well. I'm a tech savvy user, and V10 is not working.

I followed the step by step instructions on the Waves site. Upgraded my licenses to V10 for those plugs that were still covered. Installed V10, installed V10 plugs. Everything went smoothly.

Then I noticed my V9 plugs were not showing in Logic. Followed the instructions to do offline installation. Still no V9.

Uninstalled everything, re-installed, still no V9 plugins.

Being the tech savvy user I am, I restored everything from a Carbon Copy Cloner backup. Now V9 plugs are showing, but I get an error message saying I don't have the licenses to run even though Waves Central shows I have them. In all my years, I never had a program that didn't restore from CCC.

I'm about 4 hours into troubleshooting. This is pretty much the worst upgrade I've ever encountered. Luckily, I'm between projects and have some down time, but if I don't get it figured out by my next booked session, it's #nomorewavesforme :(

robosax

running a 2017 MBP with Sierra.

edit: so far my only option appears to upgrade my V9 plugs to v10 which is $70, but TBH, I have such a bad taste in my mouth after this, I'm reluctant.
I'm very sorry to hear about this experience - is everything sorted?

Also, Yotam, can you confirm for me please, that the longer out of a WUP the more you pay to renew it ?

I have a few plugins that the WUP ran out in 2017 , and it's $7.50 to renew the WUP

I have one from 2013, and it is $22.50 to renew. These are single plugins not bundles. Both are V9 both are up to date now, so basically I am paying nearly triple just because it ran out in 2013 ?

imrae wrote:I'm confused. Why are so many people in this thread paying WUP in exchange for no new features? Is there any advantage in doing it today rather than waiting until a good update is released or you need support?
A fellow traveller - continues to blow my mind.

On the other side of the coin, I’ve never got the fury and anger re the WUP either, because the WUP has never done anything and in my experience can be safely ignored. I’ve been with Waves since v8, never once paid the WUP, and never needed to (Can’t remember how or why, but was always able to access v9 with the new copy protection)

Maybe in a few years there will be compatibility issues, I’ll think about the WUP should that day ever arise. In the meantime, paying purely to experience the fun install issues some are clearly having is a curious thing.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

LeVzi wrote:Also, Yotam, can you confirm for me please, that the longer out of a WUP the more you pay to renew it ?

I have a few plugins that the WUP ran out in 2017 , and it's $7.50 to renew the WUP

I have one from 2013, and it is $22.50 to renew. These are single plugins not bundles. Both are V9 both are up to date now, so basically I am paying nearly triple just because it ran out in 2013 ?
Hmmm. not sure about this one - as i'm not a sales person.
Please contact our sales team and they'll sort this out for you,
Waves.com/contact-sales

kiezum wrote:Updating all my plugins from v.9 to v.10 will cost me $1544.40.

I think that only way the $225 cap works is when you activated all your plugins on the same day.

I think I'll pass.
Not really - just click the "I hereby declare" box - to activate the cap

LeVzi wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:

It's only 1 I have tbh, and with transfer fees, and an out of date WUP, it's not worth it. Doesn't seem to be causing me any issues.
Yeah you’re right, I forgot about the selling implications.

Just keep them then or move to the cloud if the duplication ever becomes an issue.

virtualpt wrote:
robosax wrote:
virtualpt wrote:

2. Delete/Restore the Waves Preferences folder located at Macintosh HD > Users > Your User > Library > Preferences.
Doh! I forgot all about that folder. I'll try again tonight. Thanks for the tips, virtualpt ! :)

robo
My pleasure. Hope it goes smoothly.

@Yotam, it shouldn't be this hard. You need a robust install/uninstall/upgrade/rollback process that is useable. Happy to help with usability having been Dev Lead/Principal Software Designer for several large companies/organizations.
Thanks you Sir! We'll be handling all issues . will be sure to have you in mind

robotmonkey wrote:
YotamL wrote:Hello guys and gals,

Yotam from Waves here.

Would be happy to clarify and answer any questions you may have :)
Hi.

I would be ok paying WUP if it's worth it. In the case of this V10 upgrade what is the point? There's absolutely nothing that would warrant a major version change. No updates to the old GUI's (long overdue), no improved support for hi res displays, no change to Waveshell architecture. Nothing at all that I could see that would make sense to call the latest update V10. Even not that many plugins added to various bundles. So releasing V10 as it is seems like a huge fail.

Waves Central needs some work. What's the point of a bloated separate software manager if it even can't differentiate between versions? There should be clear choices for installing, updating and uninstalling specific plugins from all the latest versions. There's still no good way to uninstall a single plugins for example. The current system is a mess. Especially now that V10 is added to the mix. And Central still can't do self update.
You're completely righ. Only purchase WUP for uncovered products - when you have a good reason to update.
Going up to V10 wagon can happen at any time. When needed
Sorry about these experience with the new Waves Central. We'll be updating Central asap to deal with some of the more severe issues that came up.

Waves central should just leave v9 plugins alone and only upgrade to v10 those that have a valid license. FWIW I chose to NOT remove v9 during install and NOT update existing plugins and it appeared to just leave my v9 plugs alone and only upgrade my v10 ones. I've had some waves plugins for about 6 years and only ever paid for WUP once ($13 to upgrade to Element 2). There is so much miss-information about WUP in this thread. I am no fan of WUP though. I have ended up buying plugin singles in the past that were actually added to my existing bundles, as the singles were cheaper than the WUP :/

noiseboyuk wrote: the logic of some of this discussion continues to baffle me.
+1

Makes that $200 Boz delay seem like great value for money now :hihi:

I wonder if some of them are the same people who went nuts over Boz releasing a $200 delay plugin - and yet they're willing to throw down more than that for a cynical, completely arbitrary, infinitesimally small update from Waves.

Way more fun in a delay.

Return to “Effects”