Drawmer 1973 for Rythm Metal Guitars?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

is that multiband, specifically to remove some bass of the metal guitar, is it good for that? or something else better? ty

Sorry, if we're talking about "removing" frequencies, did you try EQing that?

Niowiad wrote:Sorry, if we're talking about "removing" frequencies, did you try EQing that?
The effectiveness of EQ greatly depends on the type of the riff played.
If the guitar part combines ringing chords with palm muted "chugs" the EQ may work for either chords or chugs but not for both. Multiband compression or dynamic EQ are often used for this reason on heavy guitars.

Ok now I get what you meant. I was not thinking in terms of dynamic adaptation reading the OP. My bad.

TDR Nova is very good if you want transparent processing... that's what I'd try to use to tame the bass on chugs without affecting ringing chords too much.

Curious to see what other people suggest, on the Drawmer especially.

meloco_go
its exactly what you saying, when palm mutes i get a low of bass, but when ringing chords not... so it need a compression only for the bass section 200hz of the EQ.
i wonder tho if it need quick attack with quick release, im still not good at that lol
maybe ozone multiband compression, McDSP mc2000, fabfilter mb , Waves C4, TDR Nova etc??? tx which is better for that? ty :)

TDR Nova is an EQ... i dont want that but multiband compressor.

TDR Nova is actually both. You can use it as a vanilla EQ, but you can also switch on compression for each band. I think it can also serve as a wideband compressor as well.

Dorian
Mac O/S 11.6.5; MBPro 2018 2.2, 560X, 32GB, 1TB
Logic Pro 10.6.3
Scarlett 2i2, Akai MPD218, EMU XBoard 49

+1 you don't need to spend upto $200 (Softube) for a multiband compressor - infact there should be a free one in your DAW.

ok Nova seems really nice, but if we pay can we get better for that use? the ones i mentionned or others. tx all.
Last edited by PsychatoR on Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

i think Ozone Multiband Compression maybe the best.

TDR Nova is totally OK, as well as free ReaXcomp. Personally I like the ones with an easy to set up interface and minimal functions. For that reason I would often use Waves C1-sc, which allows to compress a specific frequency band.
Be wary of multiband compressors as it's very easy to mess things up.

One thing you might want to keep in mind, especially with Dynamic EQ, is that the knee, as well as attack and release control might not be what you want.

McDSP’s 6034 multiband (which is currently only available for Macintosh) packages an assortment of compressor models into a multiband framework. With less hand-holding, their MC2000 offers the same.
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

Izotope Ozone 7 dynamics, compress really harder than others for me...it have a wet dry button too...
there's also McDSP ML4000 better than MC2000?... but no wet dry parallele button.

Return to “Effects”