Klanghelm DC8C3 and DC1A3 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DC1A DC8C

Very generous as a free upgrade for existing owners. Thank you! :)
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

:tu: Thanks for the free update

Thanks, amazing :D

Thanks for the great, free update :tu: :hail: :hail: :tu:

zvenx wrote:
Omkar wrote:..........

For some reason v2 didn`t click with me, v3 does.
It either shows how stupid I can be or something changed to the better.
I said the same thing to Tony :)
rsp
I've been working almost a year on this update. I've learned a lot about compression in the past few years, especially when coding MJUC. That all went into the update and required quite a bit of recoding. I think, the new version has a more natural attack and it's much easier to get good and quick results. With DC8C2 you had to be more careful. Especially the Easy-modes benefit from being more forgiving.

Tony

tonhelm wrote:Hi all,
I've just released major updates for the compression monster DC8C and its free little brother DC1A. boing

DC8C 3
platform independent preset browser with easy copy/paste/save-as-default
AB-ing
GUI-resizing
meter can now operate as a peak meter with peak hold indicator, on stereo tracks the peak meter shows both left and right channel information separately
AGC (automatic gain reduction)
linear phase oversampling filters
option to set separate oversampling factors for realtime and offline/rendering operation
saturation has a separate amount control
optional soft peak clipper at the output
lowpass and highpass sidechain filters can be set to 12dB steepness
overhauled compression algorithms
overhauled EASY modes
switching from one of the easy modes to expert mode doesn't change the sound anymore. So choose an easy mode, tweak and then switch to expert mode for deeper manipulations if needed
external sidechaining for all formats
VST3 support
and more...

DC8C3 costs 23 €.
The update is free for existing DC8C users and can be found in their Klanghelm user account.

https://klanghelm.com/DC8C.php

DC1A 3
dedicated mix control to enable parallel compression
VU-meter can now display either gain reduction or output level
DC1A3 is free.

https://klanghelm.com/DC1A.php

Due to the many changes and the use of a new framework, both updated plugins have a new filename and plugin-ID. So you can use versions 2 and 3 side-by-side in your projects.

Tony
Wow that is very generous of you to offer this for free Tony, I’ll purchase something else of yours as a way of showing support. I didn’t get an email notifying me of this update, have they been sent out?

Thanks a lot for your support! Major updates won't be free in the future. However, I didn't think it would be fair to charge for features such as GUI resizing, preset browsing and stuff like that, since the major updates for SDRR and VUMT got for free.

I will send out an update notification within next few days.

Tony

Thanks a lot, again. Can't wait to try the update.
Possibly the most underrated compressor I know of, a pleasure to use it, really.

Thank you Tony! Will download right away. :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

tonhelm wrote:Thanks a lot for your support! Major updates won't be free in the future. However, I didn't think it would be fair to charge for features such as GUI resizing, preset browsing and stuff like that, since the major updates for SDRR and VUMT got for free.

I will send out an update notification within next few days.

Tony
What's particularly generous about this release is that I think most people (certainly me) were expecting a GUI update and preset browsing, but not a complete overhaul of the sound too! As a result, this seems like a much larger update than what we got with VUMT2 or even SDRR2. Thanks so much!

I actually used v2 in a project for the first time in a long time over this last weekend. Was using the extenal sidechain to duck a bass and it worked great for that task. But otherwise, I always just found it a bit to finicky to set up just right to use regularly. It would take to long to dial in the sound I was looking for. Based on your comments on the changes to the sound, and my experience with your excellent MJUC, this update sounds like exactly what I was always looking for. Crazy that it's free. I woulda paid, but love your company for the fact that I didn't have to. Understandable that future updates will be paid, and I'd even encourage that! The bang for the buck with your plugins has always been through the roof.

Tony, noticed what could be a small bug with latency reporting in Studio One when changing OS settings.

1. Load DC8C3 as an insert in an empty project
2. By default, with 1x OS, latency reported to host = 0ms
3. Change OS setting to 2x, latency still shows 0ms (so not dynamically updated without the next step, which is ok IMO...)
4. Turn the plugin off and on via Studio One's Activate button, result: latency equals 0.7ms
5. Change OS back to 1x
6. Turn the plugin off and on again via the Activate button, result: DC8C3 continues to report 0.7ms of latency even though OS was changed back to realtime

Expected result: latency should change back to 0.0ms after setting the OS setting to 1x and de-activating then re-activating the plugin.

Every host handles this a but differently. In some hosts the latency change is instant with the audio engine running, while others only apply the latency change, when there's a discontinuity in the audio stream, e.g. on playback stop/restart. Activating/deactivating doesn't necessarily do it. So if restarting playback doesn't correct this, please send me mail with your system specs and which plugin format do you use, and I'll take care of this.

Thanks,

Tony

overhauled EASY modes
also would like to know about these..
anyway,
Great compressor just got better! :clap: :tu:

tip for those wanting to preserve CPU as much as possible... "Snap" easy mode seems to take the least CPU, to take it down even further, switch to expert mode and turn off saturation

Hi, Tony, thank you for the update!

I think it's important for you to know, VST3 versions of DC8C3 aren't included in Win "Zip-File". The installer works fine.

lobanov wrote:Hi, Tony, thank you for the update!

I think it's important for you to know, VST3 versions of DC8C3 aren't included in Win "Zip-File". The installer works fine.
Thanks for the heads-up. I've just fixed this and uploaded a new win-zip. The Mac zip already included the VST3.

Tony

Return to “Effects”