ZYNAPTIQ Intensity

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
carambo
KVRer
26 posts since 3 Aug, 2007

Post Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:51 am

fisherKing wrote:[
but let the rest of us discuss the details, options, ideas... since this thread is not about something you're into...
I don't prevent anyone to give ideas, options, opinions :wink:
Would be happy to be convinced

carambo
KVRer
26 posts since 3 Aug, 2007

Re: ZYNAPTIQ Intensity

Post Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:13 am

I always put the dynameter from Meterplugs on the master bus to keep the right level of PSR/PLR, and when I add Intensity on the bus I face a sudden decrease of dynamic range. I guess it's a tradeoff between the benefit of Intensity (at low settings) and the reduction of DR.

Belinski
KVRer
6 posts since 26 Aug, 2018

Post Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:15 am

carambo wrote:I always put the dynameter from Meterplugs on the master bus to keep the right level of PSR/PLR, and when I add Intensity on the bus I face a sudden decrease of dynamic range. I guess it's a tradeoff between the benefit of Intensity (at low settings) and the reduction of DR.
Agree with you, the 2 mastering preset using the loudness curve are quiet loud even at very low level, after extensive testing, I never use these 2 curves actually, too much DR reduction, on the bus I prefer to use the custom bars, at 6k and intensity at 15%, full bias, it just open gently the mix and sounds gorgeous

SparkySpark
KVRian
1263 posts since 30 Aug, 2004 from Skövde, Sweden

Post Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:07 am

Belinski wrote:it just open gently the mix and sounds gorgeous
What else could one possibly want from a plugin?! This quote should be on their website. :)

It is really good software and it's so cool to see developers who dare to take on new approaches to music software. :tu:
Making music is a nine-to-five job:
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!

fisherKing
KVRAF
1721 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Post Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:14 am

just purchased it, and will use it (sparingly); and happy to have the software ilok option (so i can follow thru on my dream to run over my ilok with a mack truck). it's a great plugin!
always one plugin short of perfection...

Jonny Quest
KVRian
514 posts since 28 Dec, 2004

Post Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:42 am

Really high praise review for this in the latest SOUND ON SOUND.

In my own use, I think it's a special plug-in in many ways. I actually liked the v1 so never updated...maybe I should :shrug:

Fleer
KVRAF
3799 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Post Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:10 pm

SoundOnSound’s mastering expert Paul White concludes:
“Part of me thinks I shouldn’t be telling you about this plug-in, as by keeping it a secret I’m sure I could get a lot more mastering work! Oh well...”

Return to “Effects”