IKM plugins not resizable WTF?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So apparently you need to buy at least the basic version of T-Racks to enable this basic functionality.

Like WTF?

IK normally sells these plugins for 125 USD/ EUROs each. I own two of them, bought from a fellow member on here, and am just astounded to receive this response with regards to resizing....

Has nobody else lodged a complaint/ asked for an update on this yet? Should I expect one to come or....?

axb312 wrote:So apparently you need to buy at least the basic version of T-Racks to enable this basic functionality.
As far as I can remember, if you own V4 licenses you got a free upgrade to the V5 plugin but with some reduced functionality, resizing being one of them. It got confusing, if I'm honest.

What version of the plugins did you buy?
A bit fried in the higher freqs

cprompt wrote:
axb312 wrote:So apparently you need to buy at least the basic version of T-Racks to enable this basic functionality.
As far as I can remember, if you own V4 licenses you got a free upgrade to the V5 plugin but with some reduced functionality, resizing being one of them. It got confusing, if I'm honest.

What version of the plugins did you buy?
I have V 5.1.0 of the plugins...Is there a way to downgrade? Any downsides to doing this?

Does this seem ethical though? To allow such basic functionality like resizing only to those who pay more or buy into the T-Racks Suite?

Pay extra to be able to resize a plugin... Only the crooks at IKM can come up with this. Just like paying extra to re-download your purchased plugins.

IKM has been on my blacklist for a long time because of these stunts.

We don't charge anything to re-download your plugins. Sound libraries are available for download for 180 days after you register them (instead of a certain amount of downloads, etc, that is also a method some developers use for sound library downloads) and you're encouraged to make sure you back them up during the process so this should not be a surprise after 180 days. If there is a catastrophic issue with backed up data or similar, the IK Support team is willing to assist.

There is also a lot more than "paying to be able to resize a plugin" since T-RackS 5 does come with four well-regarded and high-quality processors, enhanced metering, and more.

On the resizing availability for those that purchase T-RackS 5, I have made sure that there's awareness here of this concern and that the request to change things with regard to this concern are taken into consideration.

This should be a a no-brainer, Peter. You're crippling plugins that customers bought in good faith, disabling a basic functionality that they've already paid for. It's unethical.

Reefius wrote:Pay extra to be able to resize a plugin... Only the crooks at IKM can come up with this. Just like paying extra to re-download your purchased plugins.
T-RackS 5 is a lot more than GUI resizing.
T-RackS 5 CS page wrote:What's new
  • 4 new processors available for separate purchase: Master Match, Dyna-Mu, ONE, EQual
    Resizable*, redesigned interface and plugin GUIs
    Expandable broadcast-ready metering suite*
    Floating meters option*
    Chains of up to 16 processors
    Album Assembly section with waveform editing and metadata*
    Enhanced audio engine
    Up to 192 kHz/32-bit floating point*
    4 dithering algorithms
    Equal gain option*
    Signature presets from the industry's top engineers*
* Features available by upgrading to T-RackS 5, T-RackS 5 Deluxe or T-RackS 5 MAX.
So, if you install TR5 Cs you do get, for free:
  • redesigned interface and plug-in GUIs,
    Chains of up to 16 processors
    Enhanced audio engine
    4 dithering algorithms
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Reefius wrote:Pay extra to be able to resize a plugin... Only the crooks at IKM can come up with this.
Meldaproduction does this too.

GreyLion wrote:This should be a a no-brainer, Peter. You're crippling plugins that customers bought in good faith, disabling a basic functionality that they've already paid for. It's unethical.
What functionality? Resizing was never part of T-RackS 4 (or 3 or earlier).
Inspired by ...

RobinWood wrote:
Reefius wrote:Pay extra to be able to resize a plugin... Only the crooks at IKM can come up with this.
And many other developers do not offer resizing at all.
Inspired by ...

RobinWood wrote:
WTF?
You have free lifetime updates when you purchase a license. The only time they ask you to pay is to upgrade
their free plugins. It's not the same thing at all!

Reefius wrote:IKM has been on my blacklist for a long time because of these stunts.
:tu:

IK Multimedia. Marketing first.

Bitching about resizing - - - -

Pssst, they are not skinnable either. You could bitch about that as well.

GreyLion wrote:It's unethical.

*lol*

The mimimi meter just broke....
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Guys ,

Have a 27" inch monitor and it's a bit hard to read the IKM plugs - thats why I started this thread.

T-Racks 5 basic/ free does not allow resizing.

I can not downgrade to T Racks 4 apparently.

Advanced metering options should be available in something like Stealth limiter (this plugin does after all sell for 125 EUR/ USD).

Also, IKM's replies like "we don't charge anything to re-download your plugins" - like thats doing us a big favor....this justs irks me....

Return to “Effects”