TBProAudio releases dpMeter3 - Free Digital Precision Meter Plugin including Loudness Matching

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
TB-ProAudio
KVRist
449 posts since 16 May, 2014 from Germany

Post Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:17 am

TBProAudio releases dpMeter 3, a precise digital audio multi channel meter
including RMS, EBUR128 and TruePeak measurement. It is the successor of the very popular dpMeter2 and adds free GUI resizing and preset management.

Features:
  • click-free 64-bit internal processing
  • 2 measurement modes: RMS/EBU R128
  • multi channel metering: 2-6 RMS channels, 2.0 stereo, 4.0, 4.1 and 5.1 surround
  • RMS: integrated, momentary, peak/true peak, Crest
  • EBU R128: integrated, momentary, short term, true pack and loudness range
  • true peak measurement based on ITU 1770
  • ITU1170/A/B/C/M-weighting filter
  • continuous/synced measurement
  • record metering results as automation data
  • large and accurate live meters
  • adjustable pre-gain
  • manual loudness/peak/TP match with given reference level
  • loudness offset mode
  • Preset management
  • GUI resizing

System Requirements:
  • Windows XP or newer
  • Mac OS X 10.5 or newer
  • Win: 32/64 Bit VST, 32/64 Bit VST3, 32 Bit RTAS, 32/64 Bit AAX
  • OS X: 32/64 Bit VST, 32/64 Bit VST3, 32/64 Bit AU, 32 Bit RTAS, 32/64 Bit AAX
  • Tested with: Cockos Reaper, Steinberg Cubase/Nuendo/Wavelab 6/7/8/9, FL Studio 12.x, PT10/12/2018

Price: free
Last edited by TB-ProAudio on Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sinkmusic
KVRAF
6171 posts since 28 Apr, 2004 from france

Re: TBProAudio releases dpMeter3 - Free Digital Precision Meter Plugin including Loudness Matching

Post Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:04 am

Very nice, thank you !

Skorpius
KVRist
492 posts since 6 Mar, 2012

Re: TBProAudio releases dpMeter3 - Free Digital Precision Meter Plugin including Loudness Matching

Post Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:20 am

How much uglier can GUIs get? I would say dpMeter3 marks the climax in the disimprovement of GUI esthetics...

Burillo
KVRAF
3148 posts since 15 Nov, 2006 from Hell

Post Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:43 am

Skorpius wrote:How much uglier can GUIs get? I would say dpMeter3 marks the climax in the disimprovement of GUI esthetics...
care to point out exactly what's wrong with it? it looks clear and well laid out to me...
From Russia with love

TB-ProAudio
KVRist

Post Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:08 am

Skorpius wrote:How much uglier can GUIs get? I would say dpMeter3 marks the climax in the disimprovement of GUI esthetics...
Thank you for your feedback.

But your input would be even more valuable if you could come up with a nice proposal :)
Thank you!

bobhva
KVRist
119 posts since 8 Mar, 2016 from USA

Post Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:33 am

A nice update to an already useful tool. Thank you TBProAudio!

Skorpius
KVRist

Post Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:12 am

Burillo wrote:
care to point out exactly what's wrong with it? it looks clear and well laid out to me...
Even though it might be clear and well laid out, as you say, it's nonetheless unpleasing to the eye. If you compare the look a of a modern-day Korean plastic car to, let's say, that of a British Aston Martin from the 60s, you may get an idea of what I'm talking about.

Unfortunately, since Microsoft "re-invented" the flat and ugly 2D look of late 80s software for Windows 8, more and more developers have followed this trend, obviously believing that such a trend should be followed, no matter how big the loss of esthetics. The current versions of software applications that have been around for years (like CCleaner, for example) all look worse than a few years ago, now that they have followed the Windows 8 esthetics trend. That's my humble opinion, anyway.
Last edited by Skorpius on Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skorpius
KVRist

Post Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:13 am

TB-ProAudio wrote:

But your input would be even more valuable if you could come up with a nice proposal :)
Thank you!
Sure, here you go:

https://aom-factory.jp/products/invisible-limiter/

Tp3
KVRAF
2141 posts since 8 Feb, 2007

Post Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:46 am

Fonts are different and kinda blurry :neutral:

Other then that : thanks ! :tu:

Edit :

It seem to be a resolution thingy (ie. the fonts do not show up nicely/scale on a given monitor resolution. here it seems to be a problem with 1680x1050 22' monitor. on my 1920x1080 it looks good)

And gain match doesn't work at all.
When you don't have enough gear, you suffer from FOMO.
When you DO have enough gear, you STILL suffer from FOMO.
This FOMO guy... he's a MOFO.
(Dave Heartened)

Apratim
KVRian
576 posts since 29 Dec, 2016 from India

Post Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:20 am

Seems good on my screen but sometimes its text seems a bit blurry otherwise good metering vst as always

I am using a 1080p screen and Reaper
a10 9600p,12gb ddr4,1TB SSD,Win 10 x64
Behringer UMC 202 HD,Behringer C-1,brainwavz HM5.
REAPER,DS thorn,U-HE zebra,MTotalfx bundle

TB-ProAudio
KVRist

Post Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:37 am

Skorpius wrote:
TB-ProAudio wrote:

Thank you!
Sure, here you go:

https://aom-factory.jp/products/invisible-limiter/
Hmm, that's easy :?
Well, I thought you show us a a nicer GUI of dpMeter3 ...

TB-ProAudio
KVRist

Post Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:40 am

Tp3 wrote:Fonts are different and kinda blurry :neutral:
Other then that : thanks ! :tu:
Edit :
It seem to be a resolution thingy (ie. the fonts do not show up nicely/scale on a given monitor resolution. here it seems to be a problem with 1680x1050 22' monitor. on my 1920x1080 it looks good)
Good hint, we will see if we can improve this...
Tp3 wrote: And gain match doesn't work at all.
Fixed with V1.2.

Burillo
KVRAF
3148 posts since 15 Nov, 2006 from Hell

Post Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:52 am

Skorpius wrote:Even though it might be clear and well laid out, as you say, it's nonetheless unpleasing to the eye. If you compare the look a of a modern-day Korean plastic car to, let's say, that of a British Aston Martin from the 60s, you may get an idea of what I'm talking about.
yeah. Aston Martin looks like crap :) i'm more of an 90's Lamborghini kind of guy.
Skorpius wrote:Unfortunately, since Microsoft "re-invented" the flat and ugly 2D look of late 80s software for Windows 8, more and more developers have followed this trend, obviously believing that such a trend should be followed, no matter how big the loss of esthetics. The current versions of software applications that have been around for years (like CCleaner, for example) all look worse than a few years ago, now that they have followed the Windows 8 esthetics trend. That's my humble opinion, anyway.
...except this is not true at all, not for this plugin.

the main issue with "flat 2d aesthetics" is lack of information density, visual cues and having no way to distinguish elements of the GUI that are purely decorative, from interactive ones. all of this is not true for dpMeter3. it's not flat - it has shading. it's subtle, but IMO it's enough. it has a well-balanced color pallette - not too bland, not too high contrast and screaming, like said "flat 2d Windows 8" applications. the UI elements are well defined and intuitive - you can clearly see displays, and you can clearly see buttons - i already know how to use this plugin despite me seeing it for the first time ever. compared to, say, Valhalla reverbs, this is much better balanced and styled UI.

so no, you're entirely incorrect about the UI here.
From Russia with love

DrMEM
KVRist
151 posts since 6 Aug, 2017

Post Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:53 pm

Thanks for this plugin!

Mundano
KVRer
17 posts since 18 Jan, 2016

Post Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:02 pm

Hello,

until yet all good with the manual matching! thank you!

Return to “Effects”