PSP EQs, which to get?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
hhuang9611
KVRist
483 posts since 1 Mar, 2018 from USA

Post Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:32 am

I tried to download the VST Plugin Analyzer, but it seems the website is down... Do you still have the installation file?
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Just a recommendation: pop some of these [or any] EQ's into something like Plugin Doctor or VST Plugin Analyzer and check for aliasing prior to purchase. The newer PSP EQ's like E27 [especially E27] and PreQursor2 perform very well in this regard, but the older plugins don't do as well IMO. Most people may not even notice or care, but it's always something I check for these days before making a purchase. Tools like that are also a great way to get a feel for what the plugin is really doing and how the curves look, if there are harmonics being generated, etc.
Trance, Trance Is Life

badass_billy
KVRist
91 posts since 14 Jul, 2018

Re: PSP EQs, which to get?

Post Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:36 am

They're all really good. And they're all a little different.

I like McQ, because it's really versatile and sounds great.

It's SSL-ish.

Also like their Neve emulation ClassicQ. It's got an extra midband, which is nice. They're all good, really.
Last edited by badass_billy on Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hhuang9611
KVRist
483 posts since 1 Mar, 2018 from USA

Post Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:25 pm

NVM, the website is perfectly fine. It turned out to be some temporary issue with my internet
hhuang9611 wrote:I tried to download the VST Plugin Analyzer, but it seems the website is down... Do you still have the installation file?
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Just a recommendation: pop some of these [or any] EQ's into something like Plugin Doctor or VST Plugin Analyzer and check for aliasing prior to purchase. The newer PSP EQ's like E27 [especially E27] and PreQursor2 perform very well in this regard, but the older plugins don't do as well IMO. Most people may not even notice or care, but it's always something I check for these days before making a purchase. Tools like that are also a great way to get a feel for what the plugin is really doing and how the curves look, if there are harmonics being generated, etc.
Trance, Trance Is Life

VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF
8738 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Post Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:55 am

Fyi

E27 is still on sale at JRR

Return to “Effects”