Anyone using apQualizr2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
apQualizr2

Just saw it was updated and gave demo a whirl, quite positive first impressions, selling point for me in 2018 for any parametric EQ is adjustable slope and this thing got it. :clap:

Anyone else using this bad boy?
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Zexila wrote:Just saw it was updated and gave demo a whirl, quite positive first impressions, selling point for me in 2018 for any parametric EQ is adjustable slope and this thing got it. :clap:

Anyone else using this bad boy?
Yes, love it. The display is perfectly clear for identifying the fundamental and individual harmonics.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

It seems quite packed with features, what an nice hidden gem (well, it was for me at least). 8)
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

What does it offer over and above Pro-Q 2?

(Not a snarky question... genuinely interested :) )

MogwaiBoy wrote:What does it offer over and above Pro-Q 2?

For a start... it's $110 cheaper!

If you demo and try the presets, you will see....
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

MogwaiBoy wrote:What does it offer over and above Pro-Q 2?

Sincerely I'm not familiar with Pro-Q 2, so have no clue. :shrug:

It's a wonderful eq, with several modular features allowing for multiband compression, phasing, tremolo, etc as well as regular eq duties.
The spectrum display is very good, and the workflow is excellent ( you can name your eq dots, which is very handy).

It can also be used as a dynamic EQ and the modular parts offer all sorts of possibilities.
It's easy if you know how

Really great EQ, it can be used for precise sculpting or more creative stuff, I like using the lfos to create subtle shifts in drum loops, I’d highly recommend demoing it. It’s my go to EQ for pretty much every track

Lesha wrote:It can also be used as a dynamic EQ and the modular parts offer all sorts of possibilities.
Very interested in more info on using apQualizr2 as a dynamic EQ.

jbarish wrote:
Lesha wrote:It can also be used as a dynamic EQ and the modular parts offer all sorts of possibilities.
Very interested in more info on using apQualizr2 as a dynamic EQ.
You will find some presets that I made in the 3rd party preset section which will help you understand how to use apQualizr2 as a dynamic EQ.
By clicking on "i" you can read the thorough explanation of what every of them does and how you can tweak them to get the best possible result.
It's easy if you know how

Thanks!

Its my go to EQ due to the awesome modulation capabilities and compensated analyzer.

Robert Randolph wrote:Its my go to EQ due to the awesome modulation capabilities and compensated analyzer.
Your blog page was how I learned about it, actually. :)

Been interested in it ever since. I'll probably pick it up sometime soon. Did you ever find it to replace Pro-Q2 for you?

Return to “Effects”