iZotope offering me an "upgrade" price Ozone8 Advanced of $125, does it ever get lower than that ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Surprisingly, iZotope are offering me an upgrade price on Ozone8 Advanced because I bought Neutron elements a while ago.

Have you ever seen a price lower than that? E.g. Black Friday ?

And, do iZotope products ever become NFR? For example, if I buy someones elses Ozone, can I resell it in the future? Are there any disadvantages to buying pre-owned?

(The $125 offer ends Aug 30th but I can wait until BF if needbe.)

That is a good deal. To answer the question as to whether it's been lower...i think people here know about the upgrade opportunities that make Izotope famous for. Essentially, sometimes their upgrade paths, if you own any Advanced products, include upgrading to bundle, which effectively make duplicates of software licenses. You can then sell those licenses, after confirming with Izotope of course, essentially making your bundle upgrade free.

So, the upgrade is a fair deal. Ozone 8 Adv is totally worth it because it qualifies you to future bundles.

Izotope licenses do not become NFR buying second hand. The only stipulation in transferring a license is that once you transfer it, you can no longer transfer another license that same product again if you happen to acquire that same product again.

In other words, if you own Ozone 8 Adv and you transfer it, then you buy it again. You no longer have the ability to transfer it a second time.

Per Izotope:
"Customers who have already transferred a particular product. For example, you may not purchase a product, transfer it to another user, then repurchase the same product and transfer it a second time."

I iterate to clarify that you are allowed to transfer any and all licenses, once in a lifetime per customer. However, I believe it's per account and not per person. They're not specifically clear about that. Technically, you could have two accounts and should have the ability to do to a second account what you are inherently bestowed to do on the first. You need to clarify this with Izotope. Not us.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

Mathematics wrote:So, the upgrade is a fair deal. Ozone 8 Adv is totally worth it because it qualifies you to future bundles. Izotope licenses do not become NFR buying second hand.
Lets say I bought the upgrade package, - would I be allowed in the future if I wanted to resell ozone8 to sell that license as a full Ozone8 Advanced, or must the buyer also qualify for an "upgrade"?
(ie. Like Native Instruments do)

Bansaw wrote:
Mathematics wrote:So, the upgrade is a fair deal. Ozone 8 Adv is totally worth it because it qualifies you to future bundles. Izotope licenses do not become NFR buying second hand.
Lets say I bought the upgrade package, - would I be allowed in the future if I wanted to resell ozone8 to sell that license as a full Ozone8 Advanced, or must the buyer also qualify for an "upgrade"?
(ie. Like Native Instruments do)
I dont think so, usualy with software if you buy upgrade, it is upgrade and if you sell something that gave you upgrade possibility the upgrade becomes obsolete. I suggest you to check with Izotope :)

To put it bluntly, iZotope's upgrade paths are a nightmare of inconsistencies and inaccuracies. Believe me, I have bought and sold many different licenses (including duplicates, so I don't know how well they stick to Mathematic's statement above), and it's all such a pain in the butt.

The upgrade price you're seeing is good, not great. You might be able to find it lower secondhand, but you might have to wait. Their upgrade pricing is all over the place.

dangayle wrote:The upgrade price you're seeing is good, not great. You might be able to find it lower secondhand, but you might have to wait. Their upgrade pricing is all over the place.
Cheapest I've seen Oz8 advanced is $150 on KVR. There was a guy last week sold it at that price.

Bansaw wrote:
dangayle wrote:The upgrade price you're seeing is good, not great. You might be able to find it lower secondhand, but you might have to wait. Their upgrade pricing is all over the place.
Cheapest I've seen Oz8 advanced is $150 on KVR. There was a guy last week sold it at that price.
Yeah, it's a good price.

Ok so, from actual experience, here's the last transaction I had with Izotope. They offered be an upgrade to the Creative bundle for $99. I already owned individual licenses for everything except VocalSynth2 and Mobius...whatever. Anyway, the best I could get VocalSynth2 for was $199 I believe. So, I went ahead and bought it. They I got the ok to sell everything else that I had individual licenses of which included, BreakTweaker, Iris 2, Stutter Edit, and Trash 2. I just sold Iriis 2 and Stutter and make most of my money back that I spent on the upgrade path...and those were on an iLok account! No iLok fees. I just deactivated them and put in the request. Izotope took care of the rest.

So, the same thing happened with O8N2. I had O8 adv and wanted to go to O8N2. I was offered an upgrade for $199 along with a code that brought it down to $130. I sold O8 Adv on eBay for $180. I actually make money on that.

So, I can't guarantee the same results but so far, the upgrade paths are worth it if they are practical towards a purpose. In my case, I wanted the Creative Bundle and RX Advanced. So, I'm essentially there. Anyway, I would just pull the trigger and call it a day. Besides, the best price I've seen for Ozone Advanced was $150...actually, last year I saw it $50 but it was gone as soon as it was posted. I forgot who sold it but I know who bought it. Lucky guy.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

Does the upgrade work for Ozone Elements 8 ?

I haven't got any version of Ozone but the same offer is listed in my available upgrades. As far as I'm aware iZotope's policy is if it's listed then you're eligible. I've basically got all the functionality covered well with other plugins so I'm not interested but it is a good deal nevertheless.

Also, I wouldn't be suprised of Production Suite 2 is on the way soon with Nectar 3 and VocalSynth 2 included.

Return to “Effects”