SlateDigital new FG-A beats API

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FG-A Vintage EQ

sleepcircle wrote:every once in a while i come back to this thread to stare at it and wonder when this particular strain of conversation will end.
It's kind of like one of those super-strains that becomes resistant to antibiotics. And good taste. I'm a terrible person. I think I'm suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome. Or at least that's what my favorite reporter on fox news tells me.

In fairness though, the anti-ilok brigade is pretty rabid. I tire of it here.

Gamma-UT wrote:
sleepcircle wrote:every once in a while i come back to this thread to stare at it and wonder when this particular strain of conversation will end.
For reasons I don't fully understand, Slate is a crazy-magnet. This could go on for pages and pages. The holy war against whatever it is can never end.
I don't think that you can completely discount the relationship between aggressive marketing techniques, and who that attracts, and what I would identify as something of a cult like following. You see the same kind of behavior surrounding Spectrasonics "fans."

I'm not saying that everyone who likes Slate, or Omni, are attracted by the marketing, but I do think that the marketing both attracts and repels distinct groups that are something like oil and water. Those who view it as religion feel compelled to defend it, and those who are repulsed by it feel compelled to attack it. In between there are people who have legitimate praise and legitimate complaints which become elevated to bifurcated extremes by the religious.

ghettosynth wrote:I don't think that you can completely discount the relationship between aggressive marketing techniques, and who that attracts, and what I would identify as something of a cult like following. You see the same kind of behavior surrounding Spectrasonics "fans."
Rather than prolong the suffering here, I've made a shiny new thread about Slate hate and marketing: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=510164

badass_billy wrote:It says I can't attach .wav files.

The extension wav is not allowed.

Between the turds demanding I share links to posts that no longer exist, and wanting me to attach files that can't be attached, I can see this place is filled with a lot of the same Rhodes Scholars as they have on gearslutz. :hihi:
Yes, you can! :hihi: But won't... How do I know?

So you didn't save the results of your test that you so meticulously made and which was a real scientific discovery, because it showed that Waves API is identical to the hardware? That's so unprofessional of you!

And name calling even more so. How do I know, turd?

badass_billy wrote:It says I can't attach .wav files.

The extension wav is not allowed.
Just share them on dropbox. (and post the link)
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

a reminder that this is not GS, this is KvR and anyone who has a beef with GS take it up there and not here. I'm locking this nightmare, the op is free to start a new thread but I'm not going through this mess to delete the out of line posts. I will promptly suspend anyone dragging this argument on, again take it up with GS.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Effects”