EQ with Deresonate Function

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The NOVA GE EQ from Tokyo Dawn Labs has an automatic Deresonate function. You play your track and it searches for the three narrowest peaks with the highest level, and then uses steep filters to even them out. There are some additional tweaks possible.

Question:
Are there other EQ on the market which can do this (quite effective and efficient) trick?

I have experience with Tokyo Dawn Labs Nova GE.

Other EQs:

MAutodynamicEQ can do this also, but by default it will use all the bands instead of just 3.

ACON DeFilter will be on sale for 69$ at JRR beginning Friday.
I‘m tempted...

May not be quite what you've described but definitely worth checking out HoRNet ThirtyOne & it's currently 40% off (15th-17th August).

I demoed ACON DEFILTER and was quite impressed about its spectral cleaning power. Seems I‘ll buy it...
The HORNET 31 is interesting as well but not that transparent as the ACON thing (okay, it costs just a fracture of it).
Last edited by martinjuenke on Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Etienne1973 wrote:I have experience with Tokyo Dawn Labs Nova GE.

Other EQs:
Zynaptic Unfilter I would suggest too. It’s actually been designed to “de-resonate” a signal. Although I’m unsure of its eq capabilities.

There is also Plugin Alliance’s DSM. That’s not an eq, it’s really it’s own breed of animal. It is really good at getting rid of resonances though, as long as you have an “ideal” reference it can learn from, which could be something as simple as a pink noise reference, which it has.

Which brings me to th idea of using some kind of match eq and doing the same thing. Except in this instance it might be possible to disable all the other bands and only leave the resonance bands active. If you can find the right match eq that is.

Adding to the list...

Oeksound Soothe: https://oeksound.com/plugins/soothe/

Return to “Effects”