u-he Colour Copy now available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Colour Copy

A new delay effect from u-he, Colour Copy:

https://u-he.com/products/colourcopy/

"A virtual analog effect inspired by classic bucket-brigade delays (BBD), but extended with modern features. We called our new baby "Colour Copy" because it can deliver the kind of colouration people still love in classic BBD units, but with a wider variety of colours. Colour Copy started life as the little delay unit called "Lyrebird" we built into Repro-1, but the sound was too good not to be developed further and become an FX plug-in."

I haven't really been following this, but looks and sounds pretty good from what I've seen and heard. :phones:

Putting this right at the top of my list to check out.

I wonder if one of those colors includes not-quite-filtered BBD clock noise? :D

Colour Copy is amazing! It's really great at those slowly degrading organic delays and a lot more!
This is just one instance of ACE through Colour Copy, for example:
https://soundcloud.com/deltasign/colour-copy-test-02

It sounds good, very good, maybe a bit thin feature-wise (why no freely assignable, additional LFOs?) but that could also be a good thing. But who on earth needs another delay...?

well i scarcely had any so this was quite an upgrade for me.

Delta Sign wrote:Colour Copy is amazing! It's really great at those slowly degrading organic delays and a lot more!
This is just one instance of ACE through Colour Copy, for example:
https://soundcloud.com/deltasign/colour-copy-test-02
The saturation sounds spot on. Nice.

I'm in on this come payday it sounds fabulous. Plugged it on another forum.

INSTABUY :tu:

Rob

It’ll be tough to beat Unfiltered audios delays, but I’ll bet this thing is worth having an extra delay plugin. Should make a fine companion to MFM.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

YES!

After I give in and buy this, I think I’ll slap every single delay I have on a single track and see what kind of oddness comes out the other end, as a tribute to owning way too many plugins.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Sampleconstruct wrote:But who on earth needs another delay...?

Let's see... Disting delay modes, Tyme Sefari, Warps Parasite, Field Kit FX, Afterneath, MS-70CDR, Cimmerian Caves V2.... Dubstation, Echobode, EchoMelt, Permut8, Ratshack Reverb, Replika, Sandman Pro...

Looks like I could use another delay!

Seriously, this one brings things to the table that none of my others do. Some of the others do as well, while some are a bit more generic. But I use a lot of delays :D

For that matter, after an extended play with this thing I will probably retire Dubstation and Replika from my rotation.

As for any "lack" of modulation, there's always VST automation, MIDI learn etc. But I don't think it really needs them. The one thing I might have put in is an adjustable limiter in the feedback path, to keep it cranked but not overdriving too much.

foosnark wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:But who on earth needs another delay...?

Let's see... Disting delay modes, Tyme Sefari, Warps Parasite, Field Kit FX, Afterneath, MS-70CDR, Cimmerian Caves V2.... Dubstation, Echobode, EchoMelt, Permut8, Ratshack Reverb, Replika, Sandman Pro...

Looks like I could use another delay!

Seriously, this one brings things to the table that none of my others do. Some of the others do as well, while some are a bit more generic. But I use a lot of delays :D
My delay collection isn't quite this extensive, but I think it will find it's way between what I already have quite nicely.

Maybe I'll load it up inside of BC Late Replies or MB-7 Mixer and see what kind of craziness I can accomplish. :D

Did anyone compare this to Soundtoys Echoboy?

HansR83 wrote:Did anyone compare this to Soundtoys Echoboy?
Both have very different features. As a pure bucket brigade delay emulation, I think Coco (as this has been nicknamed) sounds better and has some cool features you won't find in Echoboy. It really sounds fantastic, can't emphasize that enough. If you want more delay styles, or some of the features Echboy has that don't appear here, then obviously you'd want to use Echoboy.

I think we're also close-ish to the release of a Valhalla Delay which I suspect will cover multiple styles of delay like Echoboy, but won't be quite as deep. Good times!

Return to “Effects”