Metric AB from Plugin Alliance

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's very pretty :tu:

Yes, indeed, looks like a „should have“. Substantially improved compared with SampleMagic AB. Now we wait for the pricetag...

Excellent plugin for mix checking, comparison & LUFS. This basically replaces all the other I have, which is most if them.
Will see how the pricing is set for to determine value but the plugin itself is very nice.

I might be longer away but anybody compared it to mcompare & reference?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:I might be longer away but anybody compared it to mcompare & reference?
I use MCompare a lot. One thing critically missing from Metric AB is the ability to compare with tracks in the current project. I use this feature a lot when mastering. MCompare can send audio from one track to a master instance of MCompare and allow you to switch between files and track send instances.

The fact that Metric AB doesn't have this would drive me to use MCompare instead. Metric AB has a far superior set of comparison tools, user interface and workflow. I suppose that one could relegate Metric AB to file-compare-only work but then that seriously limits value. to me at least. unless its very cheap I'd likely pass. However if it supported track send instances and comparison, it would be a no-brainer replacement for MCompare.

Amazing how such an obvious feature missing makes a plugin almost useless. To me. YMWV :phones:

plexuss wrote:
Caine123 wrote:I might be longer away but anybody compared it to mcompare & reference?
I use MCompare a lot. One thing critically missing from Metric AB is the ability to compare with tracks in the current project. I use this feature a lot when mastering. MCompare can send audio from one track to a master instance of MCompare and allow you to switch between files and track send instances.

The fact that Metric AB doesn't have this would drive me to use MCompare instead. Metric AB has a far superior set of comparison tools, user interface and workflow. I suppose that one could relegate Metric AB to file-compare-only work but then that seriously limits value. to me at least. unless its very cheap I'd likely pass. However if it supported track send instances and comparison, it would be a no-brainer replacement for MCompare.

Amazing how such an obvious feature missing makes a plugin almost useless. To me. YMWV :phones:
thx for your reply! do i understand it correct?
e.g. i work on a project right now and load in METRIC A/B with 1 Reference Track ,i cannot compare my PROJECT with the AUDIO Track?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

DPhil wrote:
Caine123 wrote:wonder how it is compared to

Magic AB
Mcompare
Reference
+1 & HOFA BlindTest
+1 and Ozone tonal balance control

Caine123 wrote:
plexuss wrote:
I use MCompare a lot. [snip...]
thx for your reply! do i understand it correct?
e.g. i work on a project right now and load in METRIC A/B with 1 Reference Track ,i cannot compare my PROJECT with the AUDIO Track?
With Magic AB you can compare the current project audio with up to 16 loaded audio tracks.

With MCompare you can compare to the current project audio with loaded audio tracks AND audio split from tracks in the current project.

For example: I can create a mastering chain that is split over 3 tracks. On the second track of the chain, I can put an MCompare. I can put another MCompare on the main stereo buss. Then I can compare the audio from output of the 2nd track to the audio on the final output. This is useful for managing a signal chain split across multiple tracks. it also has some use in mixing to compare the audio between tracks for example, setting loudness, looking for masking, etc. :phones:

Sure hope MagicAB owners get a free crossgrade.

Fleer wrote:Sure hope MagicAB owners get a free crossgrade.
Would be sweet -- but I'm not holding my breath for this. Two different companies, two different versions. But hey, who knows..... even a discount would be nice.

$179 loooooool wtf??!?!??!

:dog:
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

I have an amazing way of A/B'ing reference tracks in Reaper. I hit play on the media explorer. I can have as many tracks 'loaded' as I like and it doesn't cost $179!!!! :hihi:
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Yikes. you can pick up Mcompare & Magic AB, and it would still be cheaper than this lol.

$179 Intro Price.

Who are these people that buy these over priced items? I guess people equate high price with quality and is the only reason in the world why FabFilter's Gate is $119 on sale. A GATE and now we have a AB tool at $179 which will go over $200 after the intro?
-------------------
Bitwig is my DAWs and UHe and Tracktion Synths are my Bae. I maybe buy one synth a year. REMEMBER SELF just one synth a year!

Return to “Effects”