IK T-Racks Group Buy up to 9 free

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

only 'bad' things related that i know of is... you have to have the 'Custom Shop' installed which actually installs ALL their plugin effects into your plugin folder but the ones you don't own can be deleted from your plugins folder without mishap and it doesn't effect the things you own. some hate the fact that it installs all the 'demos' but as for the oversampling... i am not quite sure... others can answer. there is no 'catch' after the fact... if you buy the Leslie it is one of the eight (as it stands now) and you choose seven more of equal price or lesser value for free. you pick your choices under your account's 'promotions' section. hope this helps

p.s. if it surpasses another goal before the deadline and you have already picked all your freebies the next freebie attained in the buy will be added into you promotions for selection. you only have to purchase one in the group buy to get all the free ones given by the end of promotion
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

kmonkey wrote:This is starting to catch my attention. 9 for 1 seems like a good deal (to me).

Maybe i'll jump on it. Question for Peter or anyone in the flow.

Is there some catch or something hidden inside (it would not surprise me with IK).

Scenario: I want to Purchase Leslie for 149 EUR and afaik i can then get nine qualifying products (9) for free. Qualifying plugins are in the list i get it. They need to be of same or less value i get that.

What i want to ask do i have to buy something after to make these work as they are supposed to work? Is there some catch?

1. I mean do i have to buy some T-racks package only to be able to resize these in my DAW?
2. Do these plugins oversample when they are loaded individually in DAW or oversampling is only available when you load these within Tracks shell (which oversample anyway)? I don't need Tracks new oversampling i just want to know do these individual plugins oversample in DAW or i have to buy something? Also i am aware some of them never oversample i am asking for those who do oversample like new Neve eqs, Api eqs and some dynamics. Basically i want to know are there some constraints in these plugins if i don't have Tracks.

3. Are there some limitations to downloads from my account? Do i have to pay for something if i reinstall these twice a year. I know IK had limited download slots and you had to pay them if you wanted to install your product..spare me "we need money to keep infrastructure going" comment please let's not go there.
4. If group bay reach "9" for free does this mean i am getting Leslie + really 9 for free or Leslie is counted in so actually i am getting Leslie + 8 plugins which makes it 9...?

Sorry for asking i want to know this straight in advance.
There is no catch. I've done the deal 3 times now, to max out. Once you purchase a plugin you go to my account>promotions on the website and you will have selections to make. anything of equal or lesser value is game. You can't resell the free plugins, but really that is the only catch.

kmonkey wrote:This is starting to catch my attention. 9 for 1 seems like a good deal (to me).

Maybe i'll jump on it. Question for Peter or anyone in the flow.

Is there some catch or something hidden inside (it would not surprise me with IK).

Scenario: I want to Purchase Leslie for 149 EUR and afaik i can then get nine qualifying products (9) for free. Qualifying plugins are in the list i get it. They need to be of same or less value i get that.

What i want to ask do i have to buy something after to make these work as they are supposed to work? Is there some catch?

1. I mean do i have to buy some T-racks package only to be able to resize these in my DAW?
2. Do these plugins oversample when they are loaded individually in DAW or oversampling is only available when you load these within Tracks shell (which oversample anyway)? I don't need Tracks new oversampling i just want to know do these individual plugins oversample in DAW or i have to buy something? Also i am aware some of them never oversample i am asking for those who do oversample like new Neve eqs, Api eqs and some dynamics. Basically i want to know are there some constraints in these plugins if i don't have Tracks.

3. Are there some limitations to downloads from my account? Do i have to pay for something if i reinstall these twice a year. I know IK had limited download slots and you had to pay them if you wanted to install your product..spare me "we need money to keep infrastructure going" comment please let's not go there.
4. If group bay reach "9" for free does this mean i am getting Leslie + really 9 for free or Leslie is counted in so actually i am getting Leslie + 8 plugins which makes it 9...?

Sorry for asking i want to know this straight in advance.
As far as I can see, you will only get the resizing and oversampling if you own one of the T-racks 5 bundles.
I'm a T-racks 4 MAX owner and this gb has let me get all the components to have the same as T-racks 5 Max, no resizing or oversampling is available in my v5 plugins.

kmonkey wrote:1. I mean do i have to buy some T-racks package only to be able to resize these in my DAW?
YES - you get other features too and, of course, some plug-ins in the bundle. Choose carefully.
kmonkey wrote:2. Do these plugins oversample when they are loaded individually in DAW or oversampling is only available when you load these within Tracks shell (which oversample anyway)?
I think it is in some (not many?) of the individual plug-ins too: "Saturator X also features an “Oversampling” effect that allows you to choose the oversampling multiplier you’d like to add to your signal. Oversampling provides a higher definition “picture” of your audio by providing a better rendering of the harmonics pattern and overall quality of the processing."
kmonkey wrote:3. Are there some limitations to downloads from my account? Do i have to pay for something if i reinstall these twice a year. I know IK had limited download slots and you had to pay them if you wanted to install your product..spare me "we need money to keep infrastructure going" comment please let's not go there.
No, not for these. The limit (of 180 days) applies to Sounds Libraries and IK Multimedia recommends that you back-up the download idles so you do not need to download them again.
kmonkey wrote:4. If group bay reach "9" for free does this mean i am getting Leslie + really 9 for free or Leslie is counted in so actually i am getting Leslie + 8 plugins which makes it 9...?
If it reaches 9 free, then you get 9 free - so you'll have 10.

--------------------------------
The T-Racks 5 Custom Shop page says (my text tinting):
What's NEW
  • 4 new processors available for separate purchase: Master Match, Dyna-Mu, ONE, EQual
  • Resizable*, redesigned interface and plugin GUIs
  • Expandable broadcast-ready metering suite*
  • Floating meters option*
  • Chains of up to 16 processors
  • Album Assembly section with waveform editing and metadata*
  • Enhanced audio engine
  • Up to 192 kHz/32-bit floating point*
  • 4 dithering algorithms
  • Equal gain option*
  • Signature presets from the industry's top engineers*
* Features available by upgrading to T-RackS 5, T-RackS 5 Deluxe or T-RackS 5 MAX.
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tr5cs/
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I’m afraid twisted-space is right.
You won’t get resizing and oversampling, even if you get all plugins in the Group Buy, unless you also bought a T-RackS 5 bundle.
I think it’s an oversight and hope IK will grant resizing and oversampling to all owners of the new T-RackS 5 plugins.

Fleer wrote:I’m afraid twisted-space is right.
You won’t get resizing and oversampling, even if you get all plugins in the Group Buy, unless you also bought a T-RackS 5 bundle.
I think it’s an oversight and hope IK will grant resizing and oversampling to all owners of the new T-RackS 5 plugins.
That's super lame.

Thank you all for your contribution. Very helpful.

If T-RackS 5 bundle is needed to be ordered on top of these to resize plugins then this is super duper lame (for me). That's called a "catch" in my book. And they should make it BOLD RED.

Also another thing is unclear. Do these need T-Racks 5 bundle to oversample or not? I mean i get the idea of T-Racks 5 shell and it's oversampling but i DO NOT NEED it. So why would they make oversampling and GUI resizing disabled in otherwise great plugin? MY only idea is shady and deceptive business tactics but let's leave it at that.

So there's a catch after all. For me. I have 4k screen and i need bigger interfaces.

Anyway i won't pretend that this is not great deal even though they are making hidden obstacles. But this is certainly making me reconsider my purchase. I will see. I have my eye on these for some time because i tried them and imho this company is making milestone plugins. But really i would like to punch their marketing director (or whoever is making those ridicule decisions on crippling their plugins, adding moronic jam points and so on) straight in the red face.

This is a bit offtopic but does anyone know do they at least consider on making these individual plugins to behave "normal" even without T-Racks 5? Under normal i think on resizeable GUI and oversampling where oversampling is needed. Does anyone happen to know did Peter mentioned something about it? I know it's a rumor at best i am just considering every angle.

Hmm, so red, as in the list I posted, is not sufficient?

In my opinion, IKM is not "crippling their plug-ins"; it is adding features for those users who buy one of the bundles. If those features are important to you, then buy a bundle, if not, then just go for the individual plug-ins.

And, if those additional features were in the individual plug-ins then GBs like like would probably not happen.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

That is an interesting bit of sophistry. When the bundles are initially announced, is it explicitly stated that some features won't be available should buyers choose to pass on them, and choose to buy individual processors at a later date?
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

A bundle isn't much use if you already own half the plugins in it. Yes, I know you could then resell those plugins but I can't be arsed. Plus, with this group buy, their value is practically zero anyway.

Luckily, I don't need the features (resizable GUIs) that a bundle offers, so I'm just happy with this group buy as it is.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Hey Guys!

Sorry to hear there is still some confusion on a couple of points. Let's see if I can clarify things here.

1) Unfortunately, yes the T-RackS 5 software collection is required for resizing at this time. As Darkstar mentions, this is listed on the T-RackS 5 CS page (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tr5cs/). We do however appreciate all of the feedback here and I will be sure to pass these comments to the correct persons to see what can be done in the future. Stay tuned to the IK news letter to be the first to hear of any developments.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/newsletter/

*If at any point you choose to upgrade to the T-RackS 5 software collection, all of your modules will be able to be resized.

2) Oversampling: When using T-RackS 5, even with the CS version oversampling will always be engaged. This will be the case for Suite or Single use in your DAW of choice.

3) There are no limitations for your downloads. These downloads are always listed in your User Area -> My Products section of your IK Multimedia account (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/). 10 activations are offered initially, but if you explain why you need any others to support, they are usually more than happy to help. Support can be reached at the link below.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

4) I did see some confusion of using the suite and individual plug-ins in sessions over 48kHz with T-RackS 5 CS (Free). To clarify, only the T-RackS 5 CS (free) stand-alone software will be limited to a 48 kHz sample rate. The paid T-RackS 5 software will allow any sample rate to be used.

*Any modules, even modules being used with a T-RackS 5 CS license, can be used at higher sample rates inside the DAW of your choice. This limitation is stand-alone only for the free version of T-RackS 5 (CS).
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

If you're selling a plugin with reduced functionality, you should add a clear disclaimer on the individual processor page. It would be great to see this bugbear resolved. If promo items are provided as NFR, you should add a clear disclaimer on the promo page. Promo plugins would ideally be tied to a purchased plugin.

I agree.
Notwithstanding my issues regarding the marketing, I am really happy I jumped on this. Then again, as I've mentioned here and there, I had T5 Deluxe to begin with, so I have the features I want. I've tried some of the new processors on a project I just finished, and they definitely changed the character. The kick and bass have an OOMPH they didn't quite have before, perhaps too much, actually, but it's good to know I can achieve that easily if I so wish.

The Leslie is the best emulation I've heard. The one in Logic is pretty good. This is significantly better, imo.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Hopefully this excerpt from my post in another thread is helpful and please note that this T-RackS Group Buy is not going to change before it is over. The incentives for buying the full packages vs accruing singles are just that, incentives - and there have been deeply-discounted offers on those packages in the past and based on the great interest in features like resizable GUIs, etc that are only available to those with T-RackS 5, T-RackS 5 Deluxe, or T-RackS MAX I have relayed that there may be future interest in promotions on these packages for that reason.

Here is the excerpt explaining that the individual plugins make no mention of T-RackS 5 functionality (only mentioning what T-RackS 5 packages they may be a part of) nor any mention of resizing or the other features. They are considered part of T-RackS Custom Shop and link to that page where it is explained clearly what is available only in those packages:
The single plugin pages do not state that they are T-RackS 5 plugins, nor is resizing mentioned on the pages. Take https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trstealthlimiter/ for an example. Note also that the only mention of T-RackS 5 in the body of that page states that it is included in T-RackS 5 MAX.

There is also mention that the single plugins are part of T-RackS Custom Shop with a link to the T-RackS Custom Shop web page which explains what features are only available in the full packages (and which I've linked in this thread).

The T-RackS Group Buy page also states that these are processors from T-RackS Custom Shop: "...load up on great sounding studio processors from the T-RackS Custom Shop" etc.
With regard to what is or is not NFR, those comments and concerns have been relayed to the team that can clarify any policy and the web page if/as necessary.

Thanks Peter, clear and to the point as always :tu:

Return to “Effects”