IK T-Racks Group Buy up to 9 free

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's an extremely poor business tactic to sell individual plugins that aren't resizeable unless you buy a shell that you don't want and will likely never use.

jbarish wrote:It's an extremely poor business tactic to sell individual plugins that aren't resizeable unless you buy a shell that you don't want and will likely never use.
It's not the shell you need to buy, it's a bundle. Not saying I agree with that policy but that's what it is. In fact, I don't agree with it, after all, I've had to buy the individual plugins, why should I be deprived of some features?
A bit fried in the higher freqs

jbarish wrote:It's an extremely poor business tactic to sell individual plugins that aren't resizeable unless you buy a shell that you don't want and will likely never use.
Welcome to the world of IKM!

:?

The consolation - and not a minor one - is, that the individual plugins sound great, even without the bundle-features. :tu:

Harry_HH wrote:The consolation - and not a minor one - is, that the individual plugins sound great, even without the bundle-features. :tu:
I couldn't care less about the bundle features! The modules do sound great. I was very impressed with Master Match and the Brickwall Limiter especially.

Yes, they do. I am remixing/re-mastering (although they were never 'mastered' in the first place) an old 4 track cassette recording session from the early 1990's consisting of 14 songs that I've imported into Logic. They bring the tracks alive, with far more clarity and punch than when I had originally mixed them down to cassette way back when. Looks like we'll get an 8th free processor in the next 24 hours.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote:Looks like we'll get an 8th free processor in the next 24 hours.
After that I'm in trouble course I'm running out of things I could choose :dog: :D
Anyways .. great sounding tools to have indeed and the fact they all do M/S out of the box and almost all the compressors can be unlinked has made them irreplaceable for me .. kind of.

Me too. I think it will be the EQ 81 and/or the White Channel strip, if it makes it to 9. Other than that, it's just the API EQs and the reverbs, which I don't really want or need.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Sure makes sense to grab even the things you don't really want or need right now - who knows what the future brings.

However I am too just a little bit annoyed by the fact there isn't really an upgrade option in case I want to go all the way. Was sending mails back and forth with support just figuring out what could be done about it - it came down to me only receiving automated mails now (essentially saying there's no free licenses for Standard, Deluxe or MAX) eventhough explicitly stating I'm not looking for something free.

Guess I just wanted to experience the failure in the IKM System first hand .. :clap:

Bombadil wrote:Me too. I think it will be the EQ 81 and/or the White Channel strip, if it makes it to 9. Other than that, it's just the API EQs and the reverbs, which I don't really want or need.
For those who don't own a graphic Eq, yet, Eq PG is a brilliant one.
I agree with reverbs. Quad-series has met quite a controversial reception, and the mic modeller I just don't believe.
Saturator is better than I though, and with the EQual you can do easily interesting things very difficult to implement with any other Eq, I just wish it had a "selected area listening function". But you can't get everything, I guess.
Vari-Mu is great, of course, and a Brickwall limiter everybody need one (not to mention other Deluxe set pkugins, which I have as ver3/cs5.
White Channel includes great sounding gate, you can create interesting effects with that strip. Echo sounds good, and complements my 5 other vintage echoes. Plenty of good stuff.
Last edited by Harry_HH on Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soulone82 wrote:
Welcome to the world of IKM!

:?
I'm fairly certain IK didn't invent incentives for those that choose to purchase a full package/bundle up front vs piecing together purchases of single components of said package but I'm flattered that you think so. Perhaps T-RackS 5, T-RackS 5 Deluxe, and/or T-RackS 5 MAX will be available at a discount that is amenable to those who are interested in said incentives in the future. Thank you.

The point about T-RackS 5 being more than the shell and such was already addressed above, plus there are more features that are available when you purchase the aforementioned packages.

Proteinshake wrote:Sure makes sense to grab even the things you don't really want or need right now - who knows what the future brings.

However I am too just a little bit annoyed by the fact there isn't really an upgrade option in case I want to go all the way. Was sending mails back and forth with support just figuring out what could be done about it - it came down to me only receiving automated mails now (essentially saying there's no free licenses for Standard, Deluxe or MAX) eventhough explicitly stating I'm not looking for something free.

Guess I just wanted to experience the failure in the IKM System first hand .. :clap:
Sorry to hear you're having troubles here. Our support team is a live and knowledge group of people, so it is unusual to hear you got back any automated replies. That's not exactly how we do things. PM me your ticket # and I will be more than happy to check into this for you.
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

Harry_HH wrote:Quad-series has met quite a controversial reception
Care to expand on that? I think the quad comp and imager are really good.
Harry_HH wrote:the mic modeller I just don't believe.
I have absolutely no idea of whether the modelled mics sound like the original ones or not. Actually, I don't even care. I use it to adjust the overall tonal balance of the source, perhaps take some of that digital fizz out of a distorted guitar, or add weight to a snare drum. I just play around until I get a sound I like.

cprompt wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:Quad-series has met quite a controversial reception
Care to expand on that? I think the quad comp and imager are really good.
Harry_HH wrote:the mic modeller I just don't believe.
I have absolutely no idea of whether the modelled mics sound like the original ones or not. Actually, I don't even care. I use it to adjust the overall tonal balance of the source, perhaps take some of that digital fizz out of a distorted guitar, or add weight to a snare drum. I just play around until I get a sound I like.
This was my summary of all what I've read. Can't remember all sources over the years, but in 2 minutes found this very near:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=381860&hilit=Qu

As said, I was talking about controversial reception, not e. g. "a bad reception".

You can use ANY plugin for exeperimenting new sounds, if you like. How fruitful these trials are, depend on your skills and the plugin. When you have limited time, you rather use better plugins to get result fast.

The room/mic sim is mostly EQ curves? I remember my old Roland VS had that 'feature,' 20 years ago (jeez, 20 years since I've been using a digital recorder!). Wasn't impressed. Since I have some nice mics, I really don't need this one (though I have it).
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Effects”