Valhalla Delay released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaDelay

Yeah, definitely didn't need another delay, but I just think ValhallaDSP is one of those companies that are always worth supporting. Anyway, it works and sounds great, and the only thing I kind of miss from Replika XT is some kind of visual representation of the delay taps. Seems like there's an endless amount of controls and combinations to play with, so better get back to it...

4damind wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:10 pm VST3 version is still not installed 1.0.1v3 (VST2 works fine).
Still testing... wow, this delay is not from this world :love:
It was getting installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3 instead of C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 in case you want to move it yourself.

4damind wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:10 pm VST3 version is still not installed 1.0.1v3 (VST2 works fine).
Still testing... wow, this delay is not from this world :love:
The current install location is C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\VST3

As Sean and I are mostly Windows illiterate, we're looking at a more preferable location to allow for better access from all DAWs that are now supporting VST3; where is your preferred location? We can easily change this in the installer build, but because Windows has a million possible VST locations (unlike macOS where it's implicitly defined), it's sometimes difficult to know the "proper" location.
Don Gunn
ValhallaDSP Support

The usual place is C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3.

I was also in the ‘looks good but I don’t need another delay’ camp.

Demoed

Bought

(Fx presets followed by shimmer single note guitar = heaven pads!)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Franzel wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:25 pm The usual place is C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3.
Perfect; we'll make that change in the installer. VST2 similar (C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2)?
Don Gunn
ValhallaDSP Support

I don’t need another delay (Ableton Live’s got plenty), but new shiny ValhallaDSP stuff is really hard to resist.

Franzel wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:25 pm The usual place is C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3.
no, the usual place for 32-bit plugins is C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3. the usual place for 64-bit plugins is C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3. Similarly for VST2 plugins - all 32-bit software is installed into C:\Program FIles (x86), while all 64-bit software is installed into C:\Program Files.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aah, thank you guys..
My VST3 version was installed to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\VST3\ValhallaDelay.vst3 :lol: The installer needs a small fix for the path on Windows :D

rewrite history wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:39 pm Nothing a good FX chain can't mimic...

So what does it do that can't already be achieved a dozen other ways?

Besides satisfying the GAS Placebo effect...
I get your point. But you should demo the plug to see how it's easy to achive great sound with it. It's more than sum of its controls.:)

BTW, you are wrong about the "GAS Placebo". I would skip any delay plugin, but I use Valhalla plugs for years and was never disappointed.

Just demo'd a bit. Nice delay, and loads of delay types and options. For anyone in need of a versatile (and good sounding) delay, this is surely a great option.

perpetual3 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:10 pm
rewrite history wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:39 pm
Steve1974 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:50 pm Just bought and tested it and I can say that it's definitely not "another delay". It's a delay, spring and shimmer reverbs, a chorus, a pitch-shifter and many more.. and of course its sound quality is amazing.
At this price it's a steal.
Nothing a good FX chain can't mimic...

So what does it do that can't already be achieved a dozen other ways?

Besides satisfying the GAS Placebo effect...
The ghost mode sounds difficult to mimic. How would you go about duplicating it with other plugins?
If you have modular host like audiomulch or reaper it's just a matter of inserting a frequency shifter in the feedback loop .
Anyway , valhalla plugins are all about character .
This plugin delivers on so many fronts , a small cpu footprint , amazing quality , clear gui, awesome price
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not sure about this since it's hard to distinguish because of the different models , but do the drive and diffusion network also behave differently depending on the chosen mode .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Effects”