Valhalla Delay released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaDelay

bmanic wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:40 pm It's not quite that simple. You need to test the delays in a congested mix. That's when you notice if something fits the mix or not. Having said that, the example in the above post does exactly what you just asked for, except there is only the dry and wet files, not a 3rd for comparison but you can just download the .wav and do it yourself.

For instance in the case of Valhalla reverbs (mainly room and vintage verb), they have the problem of quite easily congesting a busy mix. There will be a perceptual buildup of mid and low-mid frequencies whereas the exact opposite sometimes happens with for instance classic Lexicon algorithms.. they seem to instead phase cancel the mids and low-mids, thus actually alleviating problems in the mix instead of creating them. This is the very essence of "gelling with the mix" or not.
Its simple, show me in congested mix and in solo how Vdelay is not sounding good...

Again, lots of talk, like on gearslutz, but no evidence, no examples. When you present hardcore hardware fans to say which mix was made with hw and which with sw, they never give you an answer, but pop out in each thread praising how hw is superior. I see the same pattern here.

I'm way too lazy and busy with more important things to convince people who made up their mind anyway that something is wrong with the plugins they like... seriously. If you like the reverbs, there's nothing wrong with that. Just because they never worked on the sounds i do doesn't mean that they're useless for you.

Even though i still can have my own thoughts on the matter. ;)

Yeah, it's a matter of personal taste. I may not agree with your personal taste, but I'm not going to ask you to prove it with audio samples (how does that work, anyway?)

We've just officially updated ValhallaDelay to version 1.0.5.

If you have already purchased the plugin, you can grab the updates from your user account. If you want to try the new demos, they are updated to version 1.0.5 as well.

Changes since 1.0.3v2:

VST3 now shows up w/proper channel configurations in Reaper, Bitwig, Cubase 10, Studio One, FL Studio
VST3 feedback no longer cuts off after 12 seconds when playing 1-shot sample in Cubase
Much lower memory footprint for the plugin. I’ve basically cut it in half, if not more
Fixed bug introduced in 1.0.4v4 beta, where VST 2.4 was mono

Changes since initial 1.0.1 release:

Reduced feedback noise in BBD mode. For minimum noise, turn Age down to 0%.
Fixed bug in VST3 / Cubase 10 with loading presets
New Windows installer, with improved default VST 2.4 installation locations, and the ability to select VST3 installation location.
Don Gunn
ValhallaDSP Support

meloco_go wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:57 am
bmanic wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:39 pm Still, I'm in no hurry. It'll be there once I get some extra income again.
That's what I like about people like Sean (Valhalla) and Andy (Cytomic), fixed reasonable price, no "early access" prices and no sales. I also don't have money at the moment (and too many delays...), but I know when the time is right, I'd grab ValhallaDelay for sure!
Absolutely. Also the painless copy protection. So happy that we have these alternatives and full support for them. Feels really good to spend money on such products. Like you have bought a solid quality piece of hardware gear.

The great thing in addition is that the products are also fantastic.

I wonder what version will finally fix this critical error:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I've been strumming my gutiar with that preset all morning!

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:06 am I've been strumming my gutiar with that preset all morning!
:o pervert.

Playing your Ricky Gutierrez

vurt wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:10 pm
Hermetech Mastering wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:06 am I've been strumming my gutiar with that preset all morning!
:o pervert.
Was thinking the same thing!
BAN HIM!!!! :tantrum:

:lol:
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

chk071 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:32 pm I'm way too lazy and busy with more important things to convince people who made up their mind anyway that something is wrong with the plugins they like... seriously. If you like the reverbs, there's nothing wrong with that. Just because they never worked on the sounds i do doesn't mean that they're useless for you.

Even though i still can have my own thoughts on the matter. ;)
Never!!! No opinions without proofs!

Vortifex wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:31 am I wonder what version will finally fix this critical error:
I know that people are just trying to be funny but there is a musical difference between an 8th note and an eighth note.

bmanic wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:37 pm The "doesn't gel" thing is in my opinion an universal problem with many delays. Not just software vs hardware. Sometimes you can get around these issues with careful filtering and messing with phase.

So far the one that is easiest to use as a "technical mixing delay" (meaning: it is providing the function of a reverb by creating density and movement in a mix without causing congestion) is Acustica Audio's Lemon. That thing is pure weird in how well it mixes into stuff. I made a pretty radical example a few years ago:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... stcount=16

That example is absolutely obnoxious and horrible but it gets the idea across, especially when you listen to it in mono you can very clearly how well it "gels" into the background. The original signal is never really veiled or intruded upon.

I've used this in a mix of 200+ tracks where I still have more than 10 delay lines going all over the place (instead of reverbs) to create space for various elements. It never got clogged up. I actually think it mixes so well due to the limitations on the sampling system AA uses and how it's slightly weird in it's transient response (the "echo" bug).

Having said all that, Valhalla Delay mixes really well here in my opinion.. and I'd probably categorize this in the creative effects category rather than technical mixing tools category.
@bmanic, I wasn’t aware of that delay before. I’m not sure if I want to thank you or be mad at you because I’ll have a lighter wallet very soon.

And no, not taking away anything from vdelay because I love it for what it does and will be using it.

yehboy1 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:27 pm
Vortifex wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:31 am I wonder what version will finally fix this critical error:
I know that people are just trying to be funny but there is a musical difference between an 8th note and an eighth note.
Had nothing to do with dotted eighths...they were pointing out that the word guitar is misspelled. :P

I went ahead and bought this and UberMod today, finally on the Valhalla bandwagon :) I really enjoy all the creative possibilities of these to create soundscapes, especially with evolving feedback loops.

Return to “Effects”