Unfiltered Audio BYOME

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Byometrics Carmen for BYOME Unfiltered Audio BYOME

I think Byome does even more mod-wise.

No, Byome doesn't have all the algorithms, it has a lot but quite a few missing or in a simplified form. I certainly would want to keep sandman pro, fault etc as standalones too.

Yeah the pitch shifting in Triad or Byome has or had more latency than Fault and yes the main FX do more as whole. Triad is amazing and Byome is nice. They could add more components if they want. Great products

So how do we use midi as a triggering source in this plugin? Or is this something that really needs to be added??
:borg:

v1o wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:45 am Im not sure if this was covered yet. But does Byome do everything that Dent 2 does in terms of modulation? Is it correct that Byome has all the algorithms from all previous UA plugins?
Not at all. SpecOps is a unique beast and very different...

i have every UA plugin, so also byome(/triad), and byome(/triad) does cover some stuff, but specops, or fault, or dent 2, still have their use, because of the differences, already mentioned. even byome i hold on to, even if i have triad. but triad is not always necessary.

Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:36 am
v1o wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:45 am Im not sure if this was covered yet. But does Byome do everything that Dent 2 does in terms of modulation? Is it correct that Byome has all the algorithms from all previous UA plugins?
Not at all. SpecOps is a unique beast and very different...
I have SpecOps, honestly don't use it much. Dent 2 has been good so far. I will pick up Byome and Triad during the next sale.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

BYOME and TRIAD only has slightly simplifed versions of what Sandman Pro offers, not sure if all of what can be done with Dent can be done with BYOME. Absolutely nothing of what the spectral FFT based plugins SpecOps and Fault offers is within BYOME and TRIAD, they function on fundamentaly different principles in how they process sound and especially SpecOps is quite unique. How often you will fin SpecOps useful is something you have to figure out for yourself, it can seem a bit mysterious at first if you have little experience with those few plugins that are somewhat similar.

Specops it's still beautiful and divine thing. Will need be collect a few spectral and modulation things together for repeat his abilities (and it all the same not will be that delicious), but in single form - nope.

Is there any reason to get BYOME when I already have TRIAD?
Does it have any features that TRIAD doesn't?
Is it perhaps lighter on a CPU than TRIAD in a single-band mode?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:37 am Is there any reason to get BYOME when I already have TRIAD?
Does it have any features that TRIAD doesn't?
Is it perhaps lighter on a CPU than TRIAD in a single-band mode?
i already had BYOME, so.. i still use BYOME, when TRIAD isn't necessary. features, except the band options, and the, o what are they called, parallel, mid-side etc. of course, the same.

mainly for worklfow i keep BYOME. o yes, BYOME has AGC. triad not.

TRIAD has no real single-band mode. i don't know if it is lighter on the CPU, the guess is; yes. less overhead, for band dividing. but how much is it worth it.

Never mind
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:14 amNever mind
Ever body :tu:

WasteLand wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:50 pm Mainly for worklfow i keep BYOME. o yes, BYOME has AGC. triad not.
Worth noting that BYOME's AGC is unusual too. One of the best features IMO. It's more of an amplitude transfer function that locks the output to the input volume (and it's very snappy) than a gentle leveller. It can get very psychedelic on percussive inputs when the output is 'smeared' across time some way. Beats made of reverb/grains etc...

Does Byome ever go on sale?

Thanks in advance,

Arcvidean.

Its pretty much always on sale one way or another at PA (vouchers etc) and normally lots in by and sell.
I personally can't think of a reason to buy BYOME however now that Triad is out, you may as well have the multiband split, you dint need both but many of us upgraded from BYOME- If I was buying again I would only buy Triad.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Effects”