Unfiltered Audio BYOME

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Byometrics Carmen for BYOME Unfiltered Audio BYOME

Agreed, i've just tried the demo for the first time and i'm surprised you can't apply different effects to the left and right channel...
sound great though

antic604 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:39 am
Sampleconstruct wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:45 pm BYOME only has serial routing, use wet/dry balance in each module for pseudo-parallel effects.
I'm pretty sure UA is aware of the requests for parallel and multi-band processing and hopefully they're working on a solution. Alternatively, your hopefully should have workarounds for that?
Load a few instances into Blue Cat MB-7.

(Might cause a touch of CPU workload.)

Tappistry wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:47 am
antic604 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:39 am
Sampleconstruct wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:45 pm BYOME only has serial routing, use wet/dry balance in each module for pseudo-parallel effects.
I'm pretty sure UA is aware of the requests for parallel and multi-band processing and hopefully they're working on a solution. Alternatively, your hopefully should have workarounds for that?
Load a few instances into Blue Cat MB-7.

(Might cause a touch of CPU workload.)
...and for example you can't use the same modulation to drive parameters on different instances, can't feedback one into another, etc. But sure, that's why I said your DAW hopefully can offer some workarounds.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

+1 for multichannel support. Multiband would be my vote! Then it would seriously contend with stuff like multipass and others. That would be seriously awesome, and seems to be low hanging fruit seeing as its already very modular.

Just found out in Logic Pro you can use it in Dual Mono. Not convenient but better than nothing.

thelizard wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:03 am
tapiodmitriyevich wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:50 am I wonder when they realease an update to Byome. Also I wonder if integration of new modulators into Sandman Pro etc. will happen at some point or if they already moved on to only developing the new synth.
BYOME update is in active QA right now on PA's end, along with patches for SpecOps, Dent, Indent, Fault, SP, Zip. We have a few projects in active development right now other than the synth, but I can't let anything slip just yet.
Great to hear PA is actively working on new updates for the unfiltered audio plugins. Some new patches for SpecOps will be awesome :tu:

Since the last MS update on Windows 10 Byome is locking up Reaper. I have tried rolling back Reaper to before ARA and reinstalling my Saffire drivers but Byome locks me up. Cant even get to OpenGL setting on it either to do anything before it locks up.

reinstalling all PA and UA plugins just shows Byome locking outputs and plugin window in Reaper. Byome at one time had done this then ceased to have the issue on my system. And its back

After reinstalling to diff location in Reaper worked again. Go figure

acousticglue wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:58 am After reinstalling to diff location in Reaper worked again. Go figure
Had a similar Issue with Byome and Zip, where after the Byome Installation the UA-Zip Plugin was not working correctly anymore. Reinstalling them in the other order resolved it.

Just saw a Video of Unfiltered Audio - TRIAD on Facebook posted by BT.

Kind of looks like Byome with Multiband and Mid Side Usability :o

Symetry wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:14 pmKind of looks like Byome with Multiband and Mid Side Usability :o
It absolutely looks like that :scared:

Looks like what BYOME always should have been.

So byome owners have to buy Triad just to get multiband functionality.

Hopefully there's a upgrade price of some kind.
:borg:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Looks like what BYOME always should have been.
Yep, that's what I thought as well. Really stoked to see this still, but I wonder how they are handling the update for it. Would be nice if you could import your Byome Presets into it, as the modules inside looked pretty much the same (at least in the vid).

Really excited for it, first I hope though that the bugfix update finally gets out as multiple Byome instances still render my sessions instable :pray:

Symetry wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:44 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Looks like what BYOME always should have been.
Yep, that's what I thought as well. Really stoked to see this still, but I wonder how they are handling the update for it. Would be nice if you could import your Byome Presets into it, as the modules inside looked pretty much the same (at least in the vid).

Really excited for it, first I hope though that the bugfix update finally gets out as multiple Byome instances still render my sessions instable :pray:
I don't share your positive feelings about any of it. Guess we'll just have to wait :shrug:

Return to “Effects”