Unfiltered Audio BYOME

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Byometrics Carmen for BYOME Unfiltered Audio BYOME

I wonder if they would consider adding keyboard shortcuts to negate the scrolling ui.

c_voltage wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:10 pm
shonky wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:00 pm Sorry, haven't been following this thread lately but is the pitch quantisation still in beta or has it now been released in a new update?
New update has been released ? I still see v1.0
Its been a very long time coming.....thank god for the betas
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Does Byome cover the stuff Fault and Sandman Pro does or does it lack some of their features ?

Digivolt wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:15 pm Does Byome cover the stuff Fault and Sandman Pro does or does it lack some of their features ?
I'd say it covers none of Faults features and slightly over half of Sandman Pros. You can live without Sandman Pro as long as long as you never get to know what you're missing.

Gone soft wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:12 pm
Digivolt wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:15 pm Does Byome cover the stuff Fault and Sandman Pro does or does it lack some of their features ?
I'd say it covers none of Faults features and slightly over half of Sandman Pros. You can live without Sandman Pro as long as long as you never get to know what you're missing.
Thanks, used my voucher on Fault :tu:

Sampleconstruct wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 4:18 pm As much as I like the new pitch quantisation feature in the pitch shifter and granulator: modulating e.g. the pitch shifter transpose parameter with one of the quantisation mode engaged introduces jitter noises and audio crackling, and the granulator still has the same problem...
Could you send us presets with the Pitch Shifter and Granulator bugs? We've been running sine waves through it on our end while rapidly modulating Pitch Shift's shift parameter, and the Granulator's Spread and P Dev params.

As a heads up to everyone, we will post another public beta soon with more fixes. JUCE finally added a fix for OpenGL Context HiDPI rendering, so that should fix the last resize issues. This patch is a bit slower, as JUCE deprecated a major memory class that we used frequently, so we're rewriting and testing with the new class.

Hopefully the input follower bug can be fixed soon?
That one is sad, as the freely routable external SC source is one of the things that really excited me about BYOME initially. But it makes me hesitant to use it much when I need to open up every instance and re-enable the external sidechain every project load.

This is in regards to the same thing mentioned earlier in the thread. Input Follower module doesn't remember the sidechain setting on preset or project load, "spectral follower" and dynamics cells work fine, it's just "Input Follower". Tested in stable and beta versions, mac and and windows.

mortfell wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:42 am Hopefully the input follower bug can be fixed soon?
That one is sad, as the freely routable external SC source is one of the things that really excited me about BYOME initially. But it makes me hesitant to use it much when I need to open up every instance and re-enable the external sidechain every project load.

This is in regards to the same thing mentioned earlier in the thread. Input Follower module doesn't remember the sidechain setting on preset or project load, "spectral follower" and dynamics cells work fine, it's just "Input Follower". Tested in stable and beta versions, mac and and windows.
We will fix this for the next beta build.

thelizard wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:49 pm
Sampleconstruct wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 4:18 pm As much as I like the new pitch quantisation feature in the pitch shifter and granulator: modulating e.g. the pitch shifter transpose parameter with one of the quantisation mode engaged introduces jitter noises and audio crackling, and the granulator still has the same problem...
Could you send us presets with the Pitch Shifter and Granulator bugs? We've been running sine waves through it on our end while rapidly modulating Pitch Shift's shift parameter, and the Granulator's Spread and P Dev params.
Will do when I'm back in the studio, currently travling in the US.

thanks for clarifying Michael.
I'm still using BYOME on almost every track, having that working will just mean it's on even more :hihi:

volcano.PNG
As a suggestion for a future Update it could be really nice if Byome also supported Midi In from another Track (like for Example the Fabfilter Creative Effects). Would allow for interesting Expansions in the Modsection like re-triggering Envelopes or keytracking the Filters via Midi Send etc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

antic604 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:37 am
SLiC wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:34 am
antic604 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:17 am BYOME is currently on sale at $69: https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... byome.html

Hmmm, I dint often say this abouit software as it is so rarely that cut and dry, but I wil say it here.

NO BRAINER!!
True. Wonder how much an up/cross-grade to Triad will eventually be?
Wonder no more, it's $49 (+VAT) for "heavy hitters" that already own Byome, $99 (+VAT) for HHs that don't. Looks like they're pricing it at $299 (+VAT) standard for everyone else although I'm guessing there'll be intro pricing too.

Or just hang on for six months and pick it up for $29 ;)

shonky wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:07 am
antic604 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:37 am
SLiC wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:34 am
antic604 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:17 am BYOME is currently on sale at $69: https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... byome.html

Hmmm, I dint often say this abouit software as it is so rarely that cut and dry, but I wil say it here.

NO BRAINER!!
True. Wonder how much an up/cross-grade to Triad will eventually be?
Wonder no more, it's $49 (+VAT) for "heavy hitters" that already own Byome, $99 (+VAT) for HHs that don't. Looks like they're pricing it at $299 (+VAT) standard for everyone else although I'm guessing there'll be intro pricing too.

Or just hang on for six months and pick it up for $29 ;)
bought it! gone experiment with it today. it seems byome, but multiband. that was already the conclusion i think. is there need of byome now? if you have now triad? ow well, i am gonna have fun.

I own Byome and I'm guessing the crossgrade price is available longer than the intro price so I will probably just use next months $50 voucher and get it almost free :hihi:
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

Return to “Effects”