Looking for reverb with pitchshift other than Valhalla Shimmer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Isn't Eventide Blackhole basically Valhalla Shimmer?
<List your stupid gear here>

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:50 pm
DJErmac wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:42 pm Are you looking for control on the pitch shift or for a standard shimmer effect ? If you're only looking for a shimmer effect, then maybe this reverb would work for you, its shimmer effect is absolutely superb :
https://www.realtimeonly.com/reverbical.php
I’m not interested in a shimmer effect. I simply want the reverb tail to pitch down one or two octaves.
A pitch swoop achieved by feedback through a pitch shifter is the classic shimmer effect. You just want to go down rather than up.

imrae wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:58 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:50 pm
DJErmac wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:42 pm Are you looking for control on the pitch shift or for a standard shimmer effect ? If you're only looking for a shimmer effect, then maybe this reverb would work for you, its shimmer effect is absolutely superb :
https://www.realtimeonly.com/reverbical.php
I’m not interested in a shimmer effect. I simply want the reverb tail to pitch down one or two octaves.
A pitch swoop achieved by feedback through a pitch shifter is the classic shimmer effect. You just want to go down rather than up.
Yes exactly. I just want the reverb to pitch down after each hit. The sound is only at the beginning of each bar so it has time to fade out completely.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

If you need to pitch down, XenoVerb's Shimmer algorithm provides two independent pitch shifters that can go 2 Octaves up/down.

Audiority wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:23 pm If you need to pitch down, XenoVerb's Shimmer algorithm provides two independent pitch shifters that can go 2 Octaves up/down.
Downloading the demo now :tu:

OH. Sinevibes Luminance. It sounds absolutely fantastic and you can make it go up or down by whatever interval you want.

egbert101 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:48 pm Isn't Eventide Blackhole basically Valhalla Shimmer?
No, not at all - these two reverbs get often mentioned in comparison, but they could not be any more different (okay, they have some common ground, but they are totally different still) - some people just tend to have no f**king clue.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

MTurboreverb can do pitchshifting.

chk071 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:32 pm I can recommend TB-Reverb 4. Sounds nice, and it does what you ask.
Whoa, how did I sleep on this one until now? I've been relying on Valhalla, convolution, pedals, and faking space with delays pretty much exclusively. This one's really nice though!

For me (personally), Polaris the first Shimmer effect that I really like on different sources besides from some fancy MXXX-granular-reverb stuff.

Thanks again guys. I ended up just designing it into the Serum patch and automating it. Exactly how I wanted it now.

Chandlerhimself wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:55 am MTurboreverb can do pitchshifting.
Can you link to a decent MTurboreverb shimmer verb example.

Ive tried but cant coax anything more than subtle, nothing like every other verb that claims to do shimmer which are very obvious.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:39 pm Polaris
How can you do it with Polaris? :phones:

Juljan wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:27 am
VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:39 pm Polaris
How can you do it with Polaris? :phones:
Its designed to be a shimmer verb so its obvious, not so with Melda.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Effects”