Texture by Devious Machines

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Texture

Dillinger wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:31 pm Does this process live audio as well as samples?
Yes, that is what it does primarily.
This is an update adding the user sample option for the sidechain noise.
Kalamata Kid wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:01 am ^^^
Would be great if Texture a VSTi was also available as a VSTfx.
It is an effect.
ImageImageImageImage

Ok, got it finally. Perhaps?

Texture is a VST fx and works with an audio input but can also handle samples.

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The 2999 date licenses will actually work forever. A quirk of the licensing system :)

I'd quite like to turn it into a VSTi as well.

I'd be quite easy to turn it into a simple mono synth and the sound library is fantastic. Being able to play it with the keyboard would be fun.

But as Dom and I discussed there would be an awful lot of features we'd need to add to keep everyone happy.

We will think about it again at some point though I'm sure!

Kalamata Kid wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:12 pm Ok, got it finally. Perhaps?

Texture is a VST fx and works with an audio input but can also handle samples.
It's an effect, that overlays an audio "texture" onto whatever you pass through it. As of version 1.5, that texture can be an imported sample, or (as was previously the case) something from the bundled library.

highkoo wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:24 pm
Dillinger wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:31 pm Does this process live audio as well as samples?
Yes, that is what it does primarily.
This is an update adding the user sample option for the sidechain noise.
It is an effect.
Thanks

I'm trying to figure out what the Sidechain Listen button is supposed to do. Based on the description, I expected that it would allow me to hear the filtered input that is being used to trigger the envelopes, but when I enable it, I simply hear the dry input sound, no matter what the sidechain filter settings are. The sidechain filter is clearly working, as I can hear the change in the texture output (and see it in the dynamics graph), but the Sidechain Listen output is unaltered. Is that how it's supposed to work?

Did you make sure it’s on? Not really a sidechain like we are used to. It’s a bit confusing.

Oh yes, it's certainly on. The "power" button for the sidechain is illuminated, and the texture output changes as I adjust the sidechain filter settings. I was just hoping that hitting the Sidechain Listen button (the little red headphones) would allow me to hear the filtered input that's being used to create the envelopes, so that when I want to add emphasis to just the highs for instance, I can dial in the filter settings by ear. Instead, the result is basically identical to bypassing Texture completely. I'm not sure if this is a bug or the intended result.

EDIT: In case this does turn out to be a bug, my experience here is in Jeskola Buzz, using the 32-bit plugin on 64-bit Windows 7.
Last edited by cthonophonic on Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Your post is a little confusing... Does Texture load as an effect or an instrument? I just assumed it loaded as an effect.

I am always right except when I am wrong.
I was wrong this time
Yep, a major screw up on my side.

Yes it loads as an effect.

@cthonophonic

I’ll have a look when I get home from work. I had the same concern in the past, it’s just not very intuitive iirc.

So yeah, turn the mix to 100% wet then solo the sidechain and you should hear it. It might not
sound like much. Seemingly, the side chain is just the original input audio signal. There is
no classic sidechain that you can feed from another track. It's internal and essentially just a
separately filtered version of the incoming signal.

Of course, I say this without RTFM...

jcredland wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:04 pm The 2999 date licenses will actually work forever. A quirk of the licensing system :)
I´ll save that post and get back at you if it expires anyway :hihi:

Return to “Effects”