Re-Compose Spexx (Now renamed Venom and owned by W.A. Production)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey folks!

This spectral plugin has been mentioned & discussed a few times in another thread so I thought it could have its own thread, for further more discussions and if anyone else missed it and is interested.

Basically, it's not officially out yet (beta stage) but you still can buy it, they call it pre-order and offer a discount if you want to dive in blindly: USD 49 instead of the regular USD 79 price. The support says customers who complete the pre-order purchase get instant direct access to the beta version. And, you'll be put on a separate list to receive the latest builds with every update that is released. Plus, you can use your license code to activate the full version of the software too once it's officially out.

Spexx is an audio effects plugin featuring two processing stages and seven individual effects for interactive spectral manipulations of an audio signal: https://www.re-compose.com/spexx-audio- ... lugin.html

Edit: Now renamed Venom and owned by W.A. Production: www.waproduction.com/plugins/view/venom
Last edited by Neon Breath on Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Seems like their 'pre-oder' strategy is not a winner :(
Last edited by Neon Breath on Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

For just in case - here my first thoughts after purchase (did not immediately meet this thread) viewtopic.php?p=7221534#p7221534
I really liked plugin, highly recommend to all spectral suckers.
Else, if will improve situation with switching to other fft modes, it will even more cool thing.

Owners of existing products will get even better intro price we're told
Amazon: why not use an alternative

No-transfer policy means, for me, no purchase especially for a beta product. Good luck to them however, looks interesting. :phones:

Spectral madness! Just decided to dive in and get this thing. Good way to support these guys into their development.

The sound. It sounds really good. I mean, really. Probably one of the best spectral plugin I've tried to far. It sounds very rich and ultra smooth. Most of the sounds processed through Spexx get out with a high silky quality. In term workflow, I'd say it's a weird hybrid of SpectrumWorx & SpecOps maybe, since the workflow is modular and you can create your own route of effects. Very easy to create huge frozen clouds and bizarre spectral washes and other cold organic drones. Great tool to create synthetic reverb that sounds very artificial and quite unique.

CPU wise as c_voltage already mentioned, it's very unreal to see this plugin not consuming virtually zero CPU. I don't get it and there must be something fishy or something cause no way that thing can't be CPU free :lol:

Few issues here and there with the change of the resolution and there's a reset-panic switch to take care of that. I'm sure this is gonna be addressed and fixed in the final product.

Very glad I got it with the 30% so it gives me access to next beta builds and also the final product with my licence key. I can see some huge potential with this plugin.

:party:

plexuss wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:17 pm No-transfer policy means, for me, no purchase especially for a beta product. Good luck to them however, looks interesting. :phones:
+1

Roland from Re-Compose here. I'm new to KVR, so allow me to say "Hello!" to you all. :wink:

No intention to spoil your party, instead here to help with all questions, feedback, etc. (good or bad) you may have about Spexx.

A few remarks on what was said above:
  • Beta version: all effects are fully functional in version 0.5.0, but some features not available yet (e.g. IN/OUT trim controls)
  • Known issues: multi-core is not working on some Win machines, and issues exist on some machines when switching FFT modes
  • CPU readings: while Spexx is optimized for performance (via multi-core support, etc.), a CPU reading of 0% is odd (needs to be investigated if correct)
Here is a typical benchmark for CPU reading from one of our beta testers (running a Mac Pro 5.1 with 12 core 2 x 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon and 64GB Ram): "[..] running a spectral resolution of 32K in multicore mode gave me a CPU reading of 1% and in single around 13%."

Known issues are being worked on already. Also, we're preparing for an update of the user interface that will bring a much more professional look and add above mentioned features.

On the no-transfer policy: it's not available, as it's our first audio effects plug-in and we don't have any other plug-in we could switch you over to.

:tu:
Re-Compose. Creative tools for music producers.
http://www.re-compose.com

Neon Breath wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:33 am it's very unreal to see this plugin not consuming virtually zero CPU. I don't get it and there must be something fishy or something cause no way that thing can't be CPU free :lol:
Hehe )
bliquid25 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:46 am CPU readings: while Spexx is optimized for performance (via multi-core support, etc.), a CPU reading of 0% is odd (needs to be investigated if correct)
Hi Roland, yes, especially it strange considering my old CPU (intel Q9505), ie even not avx compatible.
About UI - i would say even now it looks pretty good. What about FFT switch issue, here yes, would be cool invest to that.
Thank you for appearing here.

Thanks Roland for stopping by!

c_voltage wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:02 pm
bliquid25 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:46 am CPU readings: while Spexx is optimized for performance (via multi-core support, etc.), a CPU reading of 0% is odd (needs to be investigated if correct)
Hi Roland, yes, especially it strange considering my old CPU (intel Q9505), ie even not avx compatible.
About UI - i would say even now it looks pretty good. What about FFT switch issue, here yes, would be cool invest to that.
Thank you for appearing here.
Yep, totally happy to investigate why that happens on your machine. Send me a PM via KVR or shoot an email to office@re-compose.com, so we can pick it up there.

The FFT switch issue probably falls into known issues, but it's always worth to take a look to be sure it's the same item.

@NeonBreath: Cheers! Really happy to chime in with you all!

bliquid25 Thanks, done (sent message to email)

c_voltage wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:31 pm bliquid25 Thanks, done (sent message to email)
@c_voltage: Thanks for sending all the info over! Much appreciated, helps to understand better. :tu:

As to CPU readings, a 0% reading in the DAW most probably doesn't reflect the reality, especially at higher spectral resolutions. This most likely is a result of the multi-core implementation, which has the signal manipulation spread over one or more processes that are running as background threads to optimize CPU load. It seems that some DAWs don't pick up on it and show a 0% CPU reading.

We'll look into what is causing that, it certainly wasn't done intentionally by us. :D

Either way, the final user interface of Spexx will feature a CPU performance indicator at the top right of the plug-in window. And, it will also come with IN/OUT trim controls, etc.

Working on implementing this UI now, expect an update of the beta version in a few weeks. Info on those issues when changing FFT resolution will follow shortly.

Can you advise what crossgrade/upgrade pricing will be?
I'd like to buy in at the cheapest price point :hihi:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:07 am Can you advise what crossgrade/upgrade pricing will be?
I'd like to buy in at the cheapest price point :hihi:
No, unfortunately not as this would be in breach of the agreement made with resellers. We value those relationships, so cannot advice on pricing other than what was said above already.

I hope you can understand, as building these trust relationships takes years.

Return to “Effects”